Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Did you look at any more 75's?

Had a root online. Very hard to find an 03/04 connoisseur se spec thats looked after. There is one in peamount for 2395 with no service history or belt markings with 100k miles on it, so I dodged. It did have a wooden steering wheel, gear shift, leather and aircon, which are the 4 things I'd like to have in it, but need a history. I love the car. That and the 156 are my favs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Everything apart from the aircon can be retrofitted easily ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Good question. I've driven a 407, 156, 75, Mondeo and c5 in the last week. I am looking for a saloon. Petrol. Mondeo > 04, 156 > 03, 01-03 e39 520/525.
    I want climate control and I want leather, and I only have 2k cash money. It is quite the impossible task.
    Everything I call about is either no service history, or overdue, or belt needs doing, and the budget will be wiped. I cant ad to my budget to next month.

Sick of looking at cars :(

Have you considered the Mazda6?

Have you considered the Mazda6?

Certainly have. That budget is only giving me rough 03's though. Not that 03 isnt fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

up at 8 for a 10k run :cool:

Freak:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

theres a rake of mazda 6 1.8s about jim and theyre not exactly easy to sell on id say. go in with the size tens as mike would say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Good question. I've driven a 407, 156, 75, Mondeo and c5 in the last week. I am looking for a saloon. Petrol. Mondeo > 04, 156 > 03, 01-03 e39 520/525.
    I want climate control and I want leather, and I only have 2k cash money. It is quite the impossible task.
    Everything I call about is either no service history, or overdue, or belt needs doing, and the budget will be wiped. I cant ad to my budget to next month.

Sick of looking at cars :(

Have you considered the likes of a Alfa 166? There's a nice one I posted a few pages back on the bangernomics thread?

My 4 year old just face-palmed me.

Thats embarrassing.

166man wrote: »
    Have you considered the likes of a Alfa 166? There's a nice one I posted a few pages back on the bangernomics thread?

I was on the phone about the black one but couldnt get through. Looked immaculate. The silver one does not look nearly as well kept. Bumper has took a knock too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Tips would be hugely appreciated when delivered from dominoes.

€5.10ph and €1.20 for each delivery ain't a whole lot.

Which is why I love the people who give €1 or €2 tips all the time :)

Fecking Nissan doc didn't tip at all :pac:
    Just kidding doc ;)

But hey it's not a bad gig and glad I have 2 things to use as sat nav as we cover Dublin 1. 3, 5 , 7, 9 and docks etc. :eek:

Good little side earner and hopefully I'll make a good bit to look after my car :)

Insurance and tax is covered for the year thanks to a goodbye pay from my last job :D

Tis all good :D

• Advertisement

robbie_998 wrote: »

Just kidding doc ;)

But hey it's not a bad gig and glad I have 2 things to use as sat nav as we cover Dublin 1. 3, 5 , 7, 9 and docks etc. :eek:

Good little side earner and hopefully I'll make a good bit to look after my car :)

Insurance and tax is covered for the year thanks to a goodbye pay from my last job :D

What are you on about, I tipped you 100% of the price I paid.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

anyone have any knowledge of this headunit? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Car-Entertainment-DVD-CD-IPOD-player-GPS-TV-Ready-/230609443307?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item35b164d9eb#ht_9738wt_1139

ive been looking for ages and just came across it. i do not expect it to be perfect by any means but it seems better than most others ive seen.
    edit: just found some reviews, of course they werent very favourable!

otherwise i think ill get this http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140733322686#ht_2914wt_1185

any experience of this one either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

robbie_998 wrote: »

Just kidding doc ;)

I used to deliver for one of my local chineses when it 1st opened. TBH I was the strongest link of the business. The amount of times they left out drinks or side orders was ridiculous. Tried blaming me sometimes too. Yeh, 'cause I made the feckin' food.

Anywho, on the busy nights I was coming home with €230. Was short lived though because they messed up so much customers lost faith in them and went back to their usual takeaway on the weekends so it got quiet. I left then.

Pity really because it was the nicest place in the town. Still is IMO. I think they've regained ground over the last year or so with late night openings and a better order system so they don't miss anything.

AAaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

AAaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Still haven't found anything yet then?

Still haven't found anything yet then?

Good guess Doc.
    Blood pressure is bubbling here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Good guess Doc.

Have a bubble bath and relax. :cool:

Good guess Doc.
    I know the feeling.
    How about this

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3210267

Cheers John. If I was buying something I didnt want, just for the run around, I would get this. Its my contingency plan. (from the bangernomics thread)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3212447
    View2?id=10958688

Have you googles the number?

TBH I think it looks well worn in that picture which may explain why it doesn't have any more images.

All his other ads do strangely however;)

• Advertisement

Have you googles the number?

TBH I think it looks well worn in that picture which may explain why it doesn't have any more images.

All his other ads do strangely however;)

Yeah, true enough. He tells me it has fully backed up history and belt chang(es). For €875 it is what it is. I am hoping it doesnt come to that. Better check Donedeal again, its been 6 minutes. Might have missed something :eek:

What next?

The time has come for me to start thinking about my next "job" on the MPS.

I have 2 things in mind, get the alloys refurbed or get a Hypertech ECU remap device.

What do ye think?

How much to replace 2 front discs on a mazda 6??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Working on the E31. Come in for a breather. Wrecked. Pics later. (with a bit of compulsary suspension work on the esty for good measure. Thank fook it was just a lose drop link nut... shock mounts back in the cabinet)

Found a botched paint job on the E39. Bit annoyed about that. Will post.

I'm tempted to go out and shine the Rover but it's going to be parked up for a week after I do it while I'm away so not really worth it is it

How much to replace 2 front discs on a mazda 6??

You can get them HERE for £71 excl. delivery.

Ask your local mechanic how much it would cost to fit them.

It could be a straight forward job and cheap enough but if the screws that hold in the discs are seized, they will have to be drilled out and it may be a little bit dearer.

I'm tempted to go out and shine the Rover but it's going to be parked up for a week after I do it while I'm away so not really worth it is it

Put a coat of wax on it to protect it from the elements and bird sh!te while you're away ;)

Put a coat of wax on it to protect it from the elements and bird sh!te while you're away ;)

It was already cleaned and waxed yesterday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Lightweights! I just dug six foot of hardcore out of the back garden!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement