Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

johnos1984 wrote: »
    It was already cleaned and waxed yesterday :D

Well then leave it and relax for the day :D

You'll need it before you get to see all these girlies in the nip :eek:

MugMugs wrote: »
    Lightweights! I just dug six foot of hardcore out of the back garden!

Is that code for "I just had the biggest **** of my life" ?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Is that code for "I just had the biggest **** of my life" ?? :P

Haha! If my barrys weighed that heavy I'd be in serious trouble! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Burying the bodies at home now are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Johntegr wrote: »

Thanks for taking the time to do that. Thought the first Mazda 6 was a winner till I saw it was 52 days old :(. I actually rang the second Mazda 6 earlier. Not a patch of history on it. Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to do that. Thought the first Mazda 6 was a winner till I saw it was 52 days old :(. I actually rang the second Mazda 6 earlier. Not a patch of history on it. Shame.
    Wouldn't mind the 52 days. Might be someone just looking for a change and not pushed on selling it. Worth the punt sure!

That first one has Xedos 6 alloys

What't the best shampoo to use when doing the 2 bucket cleaning method? Been using the Green Autoglym stuff lately but not great stuff tbh.

Tried mixing it in the bucket and tried putting a spray top on and applying it directly to the car when it's wet. Bleh.

I want something foamy and really get's off the dirt!

What't the best shampoo to use when doing the 2 bucket cleaning method? Been using the Green Autoglym stuff lately but not great stuff tbh.

Tried mixing it in the bucket and tried putting a spray top on and applying it directly to the car when it's wet. Bleh.

I want something foamy and really get's off the dirt!

Meguiar's Hyperwash or Shampoo Plus are excellent when it comes to foaming.

Still buy one get one free in Halfords 'til Monday. **** yeh!

• Advertisement

Back in an while. Going to look at a car!!!

Back in an while. Going to look at a car!!!

Link :)

Halfords stock neither of them. Luckily there's a new place opened down the road from me with a **** load of detailing gear. Hopefully they'll stock some.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Burying the bodies at home now are we?

Yeah the front was getting a bit over crowded.... Working on the back now. :D

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

How much ya charging cause I need someone to do that for me cause I just ain't got the strength! :D

Halfords stock neither of them. Luckily there's a new place opened down the road from me with a **** load of detailing gear. Hopefully they'll stock some.

You'll be able to get it from any motor factors who deal with Strongline. They're the Irish agents for Meguiars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

I've being using maxi suds from chemical guys for a good while. Really good in my opinion and lat ages. You can get it here

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    I've being using maxi suds from chemical guys for a good while. Really good in my opinion and lat ages. You can get it here
    To be fecked with it, I'll be investing in an outdoor tap soon. I have a pressure washer there that's just wasting away not being used as we've no tap for it. Buy a foam lance and job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Out of curiosity, does anyone consider it "normal" to do 113kph in a 50kph zone testing a car after alignment?

Because the tyre shop I was just in does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

To be fecked with it, I'll be investing in an outdoor tap soon. I have a pressure washer there that's just wasting away not being used as we've no tap for it. Buy a foam lance and job done!

Outdoor tap is essential.

I have an autobrite lance too :) My process is Foam and let dwell. Whilst dwelling apply wheel cleaner then rinse the lot off. 2 bucket method the shampoo, rinse and dry with a drying towel then polish/wax etc.

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity, does anyone consider it "normal" to do 113kph in a 50kph zone testing a car after alignment?

Seriously? If I EVER saw someone in the trade even taking my car off the grounds of the garage without my express permission, there'd be war.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Have it on camera. Rang them there and apparently its normal to test a car after alignment like that, and they dont want to waste peoples petrol going to the motorway. Want me to head round later, no apologies or anything.

Have it on camera. Rang them there and apparently its normal to test a car after alignment like that, and they dont want to waste peoples petrol going to the motorway. Want me to head round later, no apologies or anything.

Do they have a head office or the likes? No way would I stand for it. Especially them telling you they regularly do it.

Don't see me or Robbie saying ND took our cars out after alignment and ripped up and down the road at 110 odd kph.

They do the alignment, and hand back the keys. If the driver finds a problem with it while driving. Be it in a 50kph or 120kph, they ring the shop and they fix it. If they can't, they give the customer back their money and take their business to a more competent garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

:eek:

Wtf!

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    Outdoor tap is essential.

I have an autobrite lance too :) My process is Foam and let dwell. Whilst dwelling apply wheel cleaner then rinse the lot off. 2 bucket method the shampoo, rinse and dry with a drying towel then polish/wax etc.
    Been using two buckets and a watering can. Pain in the nads. I'd rinse the car. Spray on the shampoo. Fresh water in one bucket and the other for rinsing the mitt. Lather up the shampoo. Rinse off with the watering can. Squeegee majority of water. Dry remainder with microfibre cloth and done.

Don't see me or Robbie saying ND took our cars out after alignment and ripped up and down the road at 110 odd kph.
    Have you seen the traffic where he works?

I'd be bloody impressed if he hit 113kph

Have you seen the traffic where he works?

I'd be bloody impressed if he hit 113kph
    Ah, y'see, there's a road there where you can hit 113kph. :pac:

Anyone any idea how I get a new passport..........and how long they take to arrive?

Mine is up in July

Link :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3157483

Didnt buy it.
    Con's: Service History stopped in 2008. Display had a lot of dead pixels, so it was telling me a service message of some description, but I couldnt read it. It said "sys info" or something on the clocks but I presume that was directing me to the screen. On the test drive, after a few minutes, the car started lurching and the engine light kept flicking on and off. The seller thinks it may be due to being low on petrol (the light was on) but all in all it was enough for me to walk away. I have never ran out of petrol before so it may be the reason.

Pro's: Jesus the car is beautiful. Extreme comfort (#1 priority for me). The first half of the test drive was fantastic. Really loved the drive. The bodywork was excellent for a 10 year old car. One or two tiny marks is all. Very impressive. The interior is full of toys Cup holder (yay!) the climate control had me roasted.

Although I passed on this car, the 9-5 is now a serious contender. I must accept failure in my mission to buy a car today though. Thanks for all the help today everyone. I really mean that. Its a great forum.

• Advertisement

Anyone any idea how I get a new passport..........and how long they take to arrive?

Mine is up in July

Passport Express. €85. 4 Passport photo's, old one, original birth cert. 2 photo's stamped and signed in Garda Station. Go to local post office ask for passport express. They chuck everything in a big envelope, you pay them there and they give a code to track the passport. Job done. They'll even send back your old passport and birth cert and anything else you send.

Edit: Takes 9 - 10 days.

Most times the old passport suffices but just to be sure I send a bill, birth cert and old passport.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3157483

Didnt buy it.
    Con's: Service History stopped in 2008. Display had a lot of dead pixels, so it was telling me a service message of some description, but I couldnt read it. It said "sys info" or something on the clocks but I presume that was directing me to the screen. On the test drive, after a few minutes, the car started lurching and the engine light kept flicking on and off. The seller thinks it may be due to being low on petrol (the light was on) but all in all it was enough for me to walk away. I have never ran out of petrol before so it may be the reason.

Pro's: Jesus the car is beautiful. Extreme comfort (#1 priority for me). The first half of the test drive was fantastic. Really loved the drive. The bodywork was excellent for a 10 year old car. One or two tiny marks is all. Very impressive. The interior is full of toys Cup holder (yay!) the climate control had me roasted.

Although I passed on this car, the 9-5 is now a serious contender. I must accept failure in my mission to buy a car today though. Thanks for all the help today everyone. I really mean that. Its a great forum.

Is that The Naul?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement