Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Have it on camera. Rang them there and apparently its normal to test a car after alignment like that, and they dont want to waste peoples petrol going to the motorway. Want me to head round later, no apologies or anything.

Thats not normal practice, I can promise you that. I'd be going in kicking heads if it was my car and I witnessed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Johntegr wrote: »
    Passport Express. €85. 4 Passport photo's, old one, original birth cert. 2 photo's stamped and signed in Garda Station. Go to local post office ask for passport express. They chuck everything in a big envelope, you pay them there and they give a code to track the passport. Job done. They'll even send back your old passport and birth cert and anything else you send.

Edit: Takes 9 - 10 days.

Most times the old passport suffices but just to be sure I send a bill, birth cert and old passport.
    The dfa website says I only need to include a copy of the passport (as it has less than 6 months left) and no birth cert as it's my second passport.

Bloody expensive though at €85

Thats not normal practice, I can promise you that. I'd be going in kicking heads if it was my car and I witnessed it.

Out of interest did they race the car up to 113kph or were they genuinely checking their work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

johnos1984 wrote: »
    The dfa website says I only need to include a copy of the passport (as it has less than 6 months left) and no birth cert as it's my second passport.

Bloody expensive though at €85
    I know but I've had work thinking I'm a potential terrorist threat to the Olympics so I just sent a copy of everything listed on the passport form. They sent it all back to me so no inconvenience tbh.

Yeh and that €85 is for a small 10 year one. If you want the big 60 page one it's even more.

Funny thing is, an emergency passport is only an extra €30 and you can get that in a day if you were bothered.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

7c110.jpg

18047267.jpg

• Advertisement

I know but I've had work thinking I'm a potential terrorist threat to the Olympics so I just sent a copy of everything listed on the passport form. They sent it all back to me so no inconvenience tbh.

Yeh and that €85 is for a small 10 year one. If you want the big 60 page one it's even more.

Funny thing is, an emergency passport is only an extra €30 and you can get that in a day if you were bothered.

Not in a panic with it but it will no doubt play on my mind until I sort it

I like how the Castrol says WIN on it. :D

Conzy your welcome round to my place to clean my car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Is that The Naul?

St Cronan's in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

conzymaher wrote: »
    7c110.jpg

:(

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

:(

You were shafted my friend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Out of interest did they race the car up to 113kph or were they genuinely checking their work?

I wasn't even going to check the camera, just when I was paying he said with a little nervous smile "he took your car for a quick spin, i think because he liked it, but to check the alignment was okay".

Alarm bells, took a look and he hit 113kph in a 50, right past a housing estate entrance.

Arrived round and the place is closed up early. Tuesday it is so.

Arrived round and the place is closed up early. Tuesday it is so.
    Why'd they ask you to come back? Give you a refund? Be hard to have anything done about it. If you went to the Gardaí have you any way of showing who was driving the car in case they all play dumb?

...... "he took your car for a quick spin, i think because he liked it, but to check the alignment was okay".............

Sole reason was to have a little burn I'd say. Very unprofessional and unnecessary.

The ole lad got his car tracked one particular time and the chap who did it admitted that it may not be 100% for whatever reason, he said to Dad to bring it back if it failed the test or if he wasn't happy with it. I can't remember what the issue was but the tyre center weren't at all inclined to road test it. It passed the alignment test and the ole lad reckoned it was spot on, the tyres wore perfectly evenly too.

I don't even want money back, the job is a good one, bar some knobend taking customers cars for a ride. It would have been redlined too when not even warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Anyone any idea how I get a new passport..........and how long they take to arrive?

Mine is up in July

Isn't there an express service through An Post? I got my last couple through the consulate here in LOndon, they were all apologetic that I couldn't get it until the following day!!! Blinding service, I think it's slower now with the biometric chip.

Marcusm wrote: »
    I think it's slower now with the biometric chip.
    The WHAT?

The WHAT?

The passports for the last 5 years or so have an embedded chip with biometric data, i.e. things which allow computers to tell if it's really you. It can include fingerprints but generally only includes a digital version of the photo. Where it really comes in handy are EU/EEA airports with "e-Passport" gates. These have facial recognition software meaning that you walk up to the gate, hold your passport against the scanner and if your face has the same shape it opens up voila and no need to talk to a grumpy immigration officer.

Unfortunately mine doesn't have it but I registered for the IRIS system where you go up to a similar gate and it scans your eyes (don't even need to take glasses off), lets you through and wishes you a nice day!! Don't even need to take passport out of your bag, pocket whatever for the one.

Some technology is good especially if like me you are prone to responding to aforementioned grumpiness with extreme sarcasm.

That's all very interesting but will it hurry the other people up who still to this day can't seem to get through security quickly

• Advertisement

That's all very interesting but will it hurry the other people up who still to this day can't seem to get through security quickly

Do you mean bag check or passport control? If the former it will do nothing for it. I have often thought that there should be special treatment (i.e. to the back of the line) for those who arrive at the tope of the aorport security queue without having prepared themselves, i.e. coins out of pockets etc etc.

For passport control, people who use automated barriers are generally well travelled people who know they exist. Such people, IME, generally have their **** together.

I have gone from doing 50-70 flights a year (one year I did closer to 120) to maybe doing 15 so I guess I'm not going to be as frustrated anymore.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Have it on camera. Rang them there and apparently its normal to test a car after alignment like that, and they dont want to waste peoples petrol going to the motorway. Want me to head round later, no apologies or anything.

Eh a local place melon?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Out of curiosity, does anyone consider it "normal" to do 113kph in a 50kph zone testing a car after alignment?

Because the tyre shop I was just in does.

I wouldn't be in the least bit happy for a place to take my car out at all, let alone do 113 in a 50!

They should do the work, leave the car on their premises and let you come back if there's anything wrong.

I feel this was a guy who used the excuse of "oh I had to test it" just so he could have a drive of your car. I'm against that kind of thing.

MugMugs wrote: »
    Eh a local place melon?

Not gonna say who yet until they explain themselves, but the joint biggest in town yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

MugMugs wrote: »
    Eh a local place melon?

Not gonna say who yet until they explain themselves, but the joint biggest in town yes.

Enough said.... Surprised if its who I think it is...

Sorry to see the detailing forum didn't run. I.thought it was a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Spent the day visiting family, 7 cups of tea, one baby puked on me and I got the pleasure of driving my mothers Nissan Primera.

What a bag of ****e :P

You turn the corner and it stays in a straight line, what the hell is that all about :D

I've been offered a mint 1987 320i with full history and 57k miles for cheap. But I've no shagging money :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I've been offered a mint 1987 320i with full history and 57k miles for cheap. But I've no shagging money :mad:

Make it happen.

(I'll lowball you on the rover if it helps :D)

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Make it happen.

(I'll lowball you on the rover if it helps :D)
    The wheels in my head are turning ;)

I won't say any more until I know more though

• Advertisement

2 or 4 door?
    How cheap is cheap?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement