Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

If she was good looking you should have asked for her number to check if she got home ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Was standing admiring at a 07 black Golf GTI in the dyke road carpark in Galway to day with a friend as he is after a mk 5 disel for under 5 grand and im buying a 06-07 GTI myself in a couple months as insurance is only 488 fully comp when some random bird comes up and asks the 2 of us can we push start her Corolla, 30 seconds later we are horsing it down the end of the carpark yelling "Beer n Spuds" and off she went :p

Morale of the story don't stand around looking like you have nothing to do :D

I'm sure it was going so well until you started yelling ''beer n spuds''...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

She obviously figured out that you two were suckers by the fact you were drooling over golf GTI's :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I have serious fear - the 7er is due to go to a new home tomorrow. :(

Oh no thats not good! I love the way you say 'due' too. Your implying that it might not actually make it there! Never too late to say no!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Oh no thats not good! I love the way you say 'due' too. Your implying that it might not actually make it there! Never too late to say no!

I washed it inside and out today then stood looking at the car thinking 'WTF am I doing?' Beautiful car and I don't want to sell it but the tax is a fcukin' nightmare on it - almost €160 a month. :(

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Spent another small fortune in halfords today. Thank god the sale is over :rolleyes:

Got the complete AutoGlym Kit and two bottles of AutoGlym engine and machine cleaner. cant wait to get out in the swimming togs and give the car a good wash polish and wax :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

View2-9848305.jpeg

://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2979191

Sexy Golf GTI pity it sold and is like 1200 outside my budget :(

With all due respect that's poxy looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

My day consisted of doing half my assignment on whether or not and why the bank of my choice should/should not have been saved....god i hate ucc. As soon as i have my degree imma do a trade id say. The only time im happy is the summer when im working in pfizers or johnson&johnson.
    The only time i took out from my assignment was to laugh at my brother after spurs lost:D
    Just back from a very sweaty 9k run....chafing is not fun :(

............. im working in pfizers or johnson&johnson............

Which ones?

• Advertisement

Ringaskiddy and little island respectively.well its janssen not johnson&johnson but they own them

I worked in the Ringaskiddy Pfizer when I was in college for work experience, worked in a J&J plant too for a good while, not Jansen though.

I can see how you enjoy working there for summers, serving your time as a spark or a fitter and doing it for years is a different kettle of fish though, in saying that a degree in financial stuff could complement a trade quite nicely longterm :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    I worked in the Ringaskiddy Pfizer when I was in college for work experience, worked in a J&J plant too for a good while, not Jansen though.

I can see how you enjoy working there for summers, serving your time as a spark or a fitter and doing it for years is a different kettle of fish though, in saying that a degree in financial stuff could complement a trade quite nicely longterm :)

Thats kinda the plan:) welding and fabricating is fine when you're younger but i know after a few years it'd get very tiring and then id go back for a masters.

I washed it inside and out today then stood looking at the car thinking 'WTF am I doing?' Beautiful car and I don't want to sell it but the tax is a fcukin' nightmare on it - almost €160 a month. :(

Well you can't keep them all I suppose :(

I dread the day I have to sell the E30, it will happen when I get an M3 as there is no way I can keep the two of them and himself would not been seen dead in it, nor would I even let him look after it, car suicide :eek:

I don't know how long I will be able to afford an M3 either, I hope at least 2 years so the sale will have been worth it as I doubt I will ever get another clean E30 that has not been diffed unless I start searching some barns down the country.

Still though, means I have an excuse to get an E39 :D
    Every cloud has a silver lining!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Dont sell it beautifal car ;), but I would say the tax is a pain im not changing my car for a while finish of my current loan first but do tend to go on carzone a lot to tease myself been looking a lot at in around 08 gs300 and im liking them a lot but the thought of the tax is a bit off putting :o.

Dont sell it beautifal car ;), but I would say the tax is a pain im not changing my car for a while finish of my current loan first but do tend to go on carzone a lot to tease myself been looking a lot at in around 08 gs300 and im liking them a lot but the thought of the tax is a bit off putting :o.

Only reason I'm selling it is the tax. I really don't know what to replace it with though. The most sensible option is a facelift 520 and I reckon between fuel and tax one of them will save me about €1500 a year on running costs.

I'll still have the other V8 to play with! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Only reason I'm selling it is the tax. I really don't know what to replace it with though. The most sensible option is a facelift 520 and I reckon between fuel and tax one of them will save me about €1500 a year on running costs.

Yeh true at the momment you are almost sickeningly spoiled for choice everytime you choose to jump in a car :pac::pac::P.

I take it back I don't actually feel sorry for you anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

There is a company advertised on the e30owners site that do car transport ill dig out the link and send it onto you. I am not sure what part of the country they are in but i presume they would have a nationwide service.

I hate to be a pain in the arse, but did you come across that link yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

€1500 a year is not to be sneezed at by any means. But an e31....
    I mean EVERYONE has a 5 series...

Tough choice. I really don't envy you.

• Advertisement

I hate to be a pain in the arse, but did you come across that link yet?

Sorry took me a while to find it!

http://www.e30owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17577

Jimdagym wrote: »
    €1500 a year is not to be sneezed at by any means. But an e31....
    I mean EVERYONE has a 5 series...

Tough choice. I really don't envy you.

Had actually intended going for an 8er after I got bored with the 'Magnificent Seven' but once again, it's the tax that's put me off. Once you reach 2.5 there's not that much difference in fuel comp the further you go up.

Had an E39 before and they're a fine car. I would really rather something different for a change and am considering another classic (e.g. Capri) as a daily but a 5er does tick all the boxes TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Good call! ;)
    I have serious fear - the 7er is due to go to a new home tomorrow. :(

Bummer, good while it lasted. Mine'll have to find a new playmate. *sniff*

IMG_1184-vi.jpg

IMG_1197-vi.jpg

IMG_1198-vi.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Well you can't keep them all I suppose :(

I dread the day I have to sell the E30, it will happen when I get an M3 as there is no way I can keep the two of them and himself would not been seen dead in it, nor would I even let him look after it, car suicide :eek:

I don't know how long I will be able to afford an M3 either, I hope at least 2 years so the sale will have been worth it as I doubt I will ever get another clean E30 that has not been diffed unless I start searching some barns down the country.

Still though, means I have an excuse to get an E39 :D
    Every cloud has a silver lining!!

Your husband wouldn't be seen dead in an E30? I'd divorce him tbh. If I was you obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Your alright:D

Cheers for that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Today I decided that a 530d with roof racks and kayak on top just don't work.... At all..... There's certain cars that shouldnt be allowed wear racks...

MugMugs wrote: »
    Today I decided that a 530d with roof racks and kayak on top just don't work.... At all..... There's certain cars that shouldnt be allowed wear racks...

Saw an M3 with roof racks a few months back! :eek:

I guess it was prolly for surfboards. ;)
    Bummer, good while it lasted. Mine'll have to find a new playmate. *sniff*

You're some bollix posting them pics - foglights and all! :(

Seriously thinking of telling the buyer to stuff his money. :cool:

ottostreet wrote: »
    Your husband wouldn't be seen dead in an E30? I'd divorce him tbh. If I was you obviously.

I know but when you love somebody you accept them for all their faults :o

Seriously thinking of telling the buyer to stuff his money. :cool:

Do it do it do it do it Do it do it do it do it Do it do it do it do it Do it do it do it do it Do it do it do it do it Do it do it do it do it

A friend just called down to drop me in something in 10D Fiesta 1.2L petrol, she rented it from Enterprise out at the airport for €60 for the week.

Now why would you be bothered buying / insuring and taxing a car when you can have one of them for €2880 per year.

( assuming of course if that was the type of car you would normally drive)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Saw an M3 with roof racks a few months back! :eek:

:

If you can afford an M3 you can afford a bangernomics van to boot! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement