Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

mrs crilly wrote: »

Now why would you be bothered buying / insuring and taxing a car when you can have one of them for €2880 per year.

Seriously? That can't be right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Seriously? That can't be right!

I know!!! Apparently the same car is €160 for the week from Enterprise Ford Rental on the North Rd.

I mean if you need a car and are on a budget and don't want the crap that goes along with it long term rental appears to be your answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I know!!! Apparently the same car is €160 for the week from Enterprise Ford Rental on the North Rd.

I mean if you need a car and are on a budget and don't want the crap that goes along with it long term rental appears to be your answer!

Wouldn't you at least need to have your own car insured and have an insurance policy in your own name before being able to rent a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Wouldn't you at least need to have your own car insured and have an insurance policy in your own name before being able to rent a car?
    Private policies don't cover hire cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Hmm go into credit union and ask about a loan tomorrow cause im off (only have like 1/5th what im looking for in savings acc atm) or wait afew weeks when i have the required 1/3 of the amount im after, hmmz

• Advertisement

Not sure I have never rented a car in my life but I thought insurance comes with the rental car?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Not sure I have never rented a car in my life but I thought insurance comes with the rental car?

Nope a year ago someone crashed into my car on a roundabout :mad::mad::mad: and while repairs were being done i got an Opel Insignia for three days as a rental car there was no insurance on it had to transfer my insurance onto it for the three days and 123.ie being the helpful folk they are charged me fifty euro for the pleasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

If someone damages my car and the insurance company wants to use second hand parts to repair it can I refuse and insist on new parts?

EDIT: there is no basis to this other than a comment Mike Brewer made in Wheeler Dealers last week

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

johnos1984 wrote: »
    If someone damages my car and the insurance company wants to use second hand parts to repair it can I refuse and insist on new parts?

Quotes are based on new parts

Depends on the policy. New for old etc.... They could say its as good as the part that was damaged.

• Advertisement

Nope a year ago someone crashed into my car on a roundabout :mad::mad::mad: and while repairs were being done i got an Opel Insignia for three days as a rental car there was no insurance on it had to transfer my insurance onto it for the three days and 123.ie being the helpful folk they are charged me fifty euro for the pleasure.
    You were entitled to claim for that 45 euro as an uninsured loss by the way.

And you still can if it was only a year ago. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

MugMugs wrote: »
    Depends on the policy. New for old etc.... They could say its as good as the part that was damaged.
    A colleague had a car repaired this way recently and the parts quality was shyte .
    The insurance companies definition of good and mine would differ greatly

A colleague had a car repaired this way recently and the parts quality was shyte .
    The insurance companies definition of good and mine would differ greatly

Years back we used a second hand wing mirror as our garage couldn't source a new one and car hire was a factor.... The owner kicked up blue murder but the part was fine. Your entitled to be returned to the pre loss condition.... The wing mirror was a year younger than the customers.... That was our argument and we won.... If the work is below standard though and not the way it used to be, you're entitled to reject it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Jesus Christ - this thread is hard to keep up with ... Leave it this morning and a shed load of pages to catch up with.

Can we have a 'Confab's new executive rolling summary' at the end ?

:D

like 'previously on 24'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

You were entitled to claim for that 45 euro as an uninsured loss by the way.

And you still can if it was only a year ago. :)

Cheers for that wasnt aware :)
    Years back we used a second hand wing mirror as our garage couldn't source a new one and car hire was a factor.... The owner kicked up blue murder but the part was fine. Your entitled to be returned to the pre loss condition.... The wing mirror was a year younger than the customers.... That was our argument and we won.... If the work is below standard though and not the way it used to be, you're entitled to reject it...

Yeh my car was only meant to take thee days but took four due to some seriuosly shoddy workmanship, in fiarness the owner of the garage apologised a lot said he didnt check it because he trusted the fella he let do it had some bloke pick my car up from my job and drop it back at 7 that evening for when I was finished, the lights werent aligned, the side wing was all over the lace not lined up properly to the bonnet, lights, doors and had it sitting in behing the side skirt not flush like the other side and parts of my bumpers werent sanded down to which the fella who picked it up told me we dont normally sand them parts the awkward to do :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I'm thinking thread title change:

''Save MCMLXXV'S 7 Series!''

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Had actually intended going for an 8er after I got bored with the 'Magnificent Seven' but once again, it's the tax that's put me off. Once you reach 2.5 there's not that much difference in fuel comp the further you go up.

Had an E39 before and they're a fine car. I would really rather something different for a change and am considering another classic (e.g. Capri) as a daily but a 5er does tick all the boxes TBH.

8er and E39 in one post. Thats a sign man :D

buy me

E39MSport wrote: »
    Jesus Christ - this thread is hard to keep up with ... Leave it this morning and a shed load of pages to catch up with.

Can we have a 'Confab's new executive rolling summary' at the end ?

like 'previously on 24'

You didn't miss much honestly just me bringing the thread into disrepute.... again :o
    166man wrote: »
    I'm thinking thread title change:

''Save MCMLXXV'S 7 Series!''

Lets all chip in and buy it..... club car :D

We can get a copy book and pencil in the times and dates when we want it :P:P:P:P

You didn't miss much honestly just me bringing the thread into disrepute.... again :o

We can get a copy book and pencil in the times and dates when we want it :P:P:P:P

NO

7 shmeven

Buy an 8 :D

The titanic thing on at the moment isn't bad, wouldn't encourage you to go on a cruise though.

• Advertisement

NO

7 shmeven

Buy an 8 :D

But but I like the number 7 :(
    RoverJames wrote: »
    The titanic thing on at the moment isn't bad, wouldn't encourage you to go on a cruise though.

Wouldn't go on a cruise even if I won it!

you taklin to me ?

you taklin to me ?

I think it was directed at anybody who would listen to him :D

you taklin to me ?

No, I don't like you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Can we send the fuel and tax bill to Boards.ie and list it as a expense then?

:pac:

+---- S T O P ----+

I cant get past the first 2 subscriptions on my CP without this and bangers etc popping up all the fokking time.

+---- Proceed ---+

Fuk me, the power ... :D

Imagine the terror of being on a ship as it sinks :eek:
    They say drowning is a peaceful enough way to go, hard to fathom that though.

Get out

• Advertisement

Imagine the terror of being on a ship as it sinks :eek:
    They say drowning is a peaceful enough way to go, hard to fathom that though.

I used to be very much into my swimming back in the day.

I used to do a lot of comps and one night before a gala I had a nightmare one of the vents in the bottom of the pool sucked me in. (Pres pool in Bray somebody might know it)

Every since then I have been afraid of water. Ironically though I was born with a caul on my facw which apparently means your meant to be very good with water. Midwives say it prevents you from drowning.

My family always slag me about it saying I go round in my own little bubble :rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caul

(erm graphic pics!)

I want to die screaming, like my passengers :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement