Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

mrs crilly wrote: »
    ........... (erm graphic pics!)..........

Jeeeeesus, that's awful stuff to be linking to.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

MOTORiNG FORUM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

So, no drowning unless its in petrol? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I wish i hadn't clicked on that...

So, no drowning unless its in petrol? :D

Exactly.

This isn't facebook book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ah the good old iPhone. It opened with no pics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Quazzie wrote: »
    Ah the good old iPhone. It opened with no pics :D

IPhone 1, android 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Don't want to be a stick in the mud (again) but I've reported a few posts like this to mods recently for this reason.

This type of stuff means that the 'motors' forum will be off limits to the likes of me and many others in a work/office environment.

Just saying ...

E39MSport wrote: »
    Don't want to be a stick in the mud (again) but I've reported a few posts like this to mods recently for this reason.

This type of stuff means that the 'motors' forum will be off limits to the likes of me and many others in a work/office environment.

Just saying ...

Yes, indeed. That kinda stuff is reserved for other forums or pm, not for here. i've said it very recently that the line is being crossed.

infractions will be handed out in future, that or this thread will end up being closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Fine i get it no more drunk posting :rolleyes: Or posting at all.

• Advertisement

Yes, indeed. That kinda stuff is reserved for other forums or pm, not for here. i've said it very recently that the line is being crossed.

infractions will be handed out in future, that or this thread will end up being closed.

I forgot you were a mod :o Sorry.

I think it may be no harm if it was clarified what exactly is allowed in here aside from motors related stuff. If the answer is it must be motoring related does that mean that folks posting about houseshares, new jobs, losing jobs, house buying, getting married etc etc is not permitted?

Now I can see fully how me mentioning the titanic muck that was on and the bit about drowning may well be not on but the line is a bit blurry tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Must not f....inish that sentence. Damn you crilly

Fair enough but common sense dictates the stratosphere at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

There's something wrong with me.
    Even after she said graphic pics, I still clicked the Wiki link to look.

Kinda glad the other link was removed! :D

Fine i get it no more drunk posting :rolleyes: Or posting at all.

I think you should take a break from this thread for a while Crilly. PM me if you want to discuss
    RoverJames wrote: »
    I think it may be no harm if it was clarified what exactly is allowed in here aside from motors related stuff. If the answer is it must be motoring related does that mean that folks posting about houseshares, new jobs, losing jobs, house buying, getting married etc etc is not permitted?

Now I can see fully how me mentioning the titanic muck that was on and the bit about drowning may well be not on but the line is a bit blurry tbh.

As I'm sure most know at this stage, this isn't the first OT thread in here. Previous threads never lasted long, for precisely the reason above. People would take things to far; certain people bringing the tone of the thread down.

Now this thread is the best shot we've had so far. And I want to keep it open. The problem at hand was to do with the NSFW links being posted. Which are not acceptable in this thread, and the Motors forum as a whole. It just wont be tolerated.

As for what should be discussed and not? I always saw this as a place to discuss anything. Not necessarily motors related. Somewhere to have a bit of banter. I do have a problem with some of the cliques that have arisen which seem to take over the thread; but it's very hard to moderate things like that.

I'm happy to leave this thread open, and even open to suggestions as to what it should be at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Would it not be simpler for a mod to make the thread and in the 1st post set out the ground rules and then just remove content as it goes along and hand out warnings etc, not really fair the 99% of people who post responsably having to lose the OT thread because of afew bad eggs :(

Many thanks for taking the time to answer that Alan, I know it's late :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

I think you should take a break from this thread for a while Crilly. PM me if you want to discuss

Fair enough your the boss. Take it easy folks.

"No smut" I suppose it could be summed up as.

Difficult to police and I wouldn't like the task.

• Advertisement

Fair enough your the boss. Take it easy folks.

Nice motor though missus ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

*Googles Smut detector*

*Hides behind couch after forgetting safesearch was set to off*

:(

RoverJames wrote: »
    Many thanks for taking the time to answer that Alan, I know it's late :)
    Cheers James.
    E39MSport wrote: »
    "No smut" I suppose it could be summed up as.

Difficult to police and I wouldn't like the task.

Indeed. I would have always thought "No smut" was a Motors forum rule anyway tbh, and it's not something we have to deal with regularly.

That's not the only problem with this thread, it's probably the easiest one to identify and address at the minute though.

Everybody must consider everybody else (and their circumstances)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

There's something wrong with me.
    Even after she said graphic pics, I still clicked the Wiki link to look.

Kinda glad the other link was removed! :D

I googled it when there was no pictures in the wiki link.

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    I googled it when there was no pictures in the wiki link.

You're better off. i've been turned off my samich!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

as the starter of this thread, and therefore ruler above all mods, i think the thread itself has lost its use except for a few. the same few posters seem to using it and less of the "old" heads are visiting here. i still post here quite a bit as i think its an easier way of getting questions answered than opening new threads all the time and for some off topic banter to be had. i know i am guilty of spouting sh!te but theres definitely a pattern that has emerged from the same few.
    i love you all deeply in a very gay manner but some of the stuff on here is cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

as the starter of this thread, and therefore ruler above all mods, i think the thread itself has lost its use except for a few. the same few posters seem to using it and less of the "old" heads are visiting here. i still post here quite a bit as i think its an easier way of getting questions answered than opening new threads all the time and for some off topic banter to be had. i know i am guilty of spouting sh!te but theres definitely a pattern that has emerged from the same few.
    i love you all deeply in a very gay manner but some of the stuff on here is cringeworthy.

Yea but there is a reason its the same few posters, people are sick of the sh!te & just got sick of trying to ignore it or talk around it.

I wouldn't like to see this thread closed but if it continues like this its bound to happen.

you had to say g@y :p

Love you too.

Spouting Sh1te is good !!

• Advertisement

Anywho, back on top... Off top...

26 mpg is what i averaged out of the Peugeot i'm driving.

it's a 1.6 XSi (110bhp), and infairness i haven't been light footed, but still.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement