Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What is it, a 206/ 206SW or something

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Using the report button will really help us identify the head wreckers people. It can be a tough ould spot moderating this forum, so every little helps!

Now, i feel ill because of all the chocolate i've been eating. Someone bring a doctor...and quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What is it, a 206?

Yup. Little dinger of a car, but it sounds like a hoover and the gearbox feels the same as a 1.1.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Parked in the underground carpark at the convention centre this evening. The acoustics there are pretty good :D and I couldn't get over how nice it is to drive around the city at night. Made me really appreciate having a car driving past all the places I have to walk past every other day!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just remembered I have 4 Easter eggs in the boot (one with a mug!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Not one egg was supplied to me by anyone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

reading about colms trip over the weekend has really made me wanna go back to connemara :( those 3 summers in irish college were great!

has anyone here camped or bnb'd on inis moir before?

out of boredom today i carbon wrapped my key and it turned out pretty good. took almost an hour with a scalpel and no lost fingers so all is well. it looks like this but messier $(KGrHqR,!j!E4rl)ogqSBOSEyJ6hqw~~0_12.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

right, beat this, 12.2 mpg in the M5 at the moment. (and I'm talking beat it downwards).

I think the MAFs are fooked so I've ordered new ones.

The 8er does 9-14 in town and 21 motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

I should really try and figure out how much it will cost to replace my MK1 octavia's 2 spent front electric window motor's, have pieces of wood holding the windows closed atm lol :(

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    I should really try and figure out how much it will cost to replace my MK1 octavia's 2 spent motor's, have pieces of wood holding the windows closed atm lol :(

50 quid a go and you can install them yourself. That's from a scrappy.

They're about 80 euro from a Motorfactors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

E39MSport wrote: »
    right, beat this, 12.2 mpg in the M5 at the moment. (and I'm talking beat it downwards).

What are you getting when you disconnect the MAF's ? Could be O2 sensors, too. I tend to sit around 18-22 mpg. Right now more like 18, as one there's a temperature sensor on the exhaust, that was bodged by somebody (won't mention names)

/M

conzymaher wrote: »
    Parked in the underground carpark at the convention centre this evening. The acoustics there are pretty good :D and I couldn't get over how nice it is to drive around the city at night. Made me really appreciate having a car driving past all the places I have to walk past every other day!

apart from wrapping my key earlier i too just went for a spin around the place for no good reason. id love driving around too if i had the noise of your car....feckin resonators! ive had my car over 11months now, the longest of any of the 3 ive had and i have no intentions of selling it. gonna keep investing time and effort into it till im content :)

Not one egg was supplied to me by anyone. :(

maybe if you didnt see it as a supply chain then you would fare better :p

(I totally forgot with all the detailing work over the weekend and the god children werent too happy when i showed up for my free dinner yesterday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

i still post here quite a bit as i think its an easier way of getting questions answered than opening new threads all the time

and on that tangent :P

i'm pretty sure my car doesn't have a DMF, but is there any quick way of finding out 100%

also, is there anything i can but in a "plug n play" chip manner to up my cars economy?

2003 daysul veccy

no takers on my exorborant price so it may be a keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

50 quid a go and you can install them yourself. That's from a scrappy.

They're about 80 euro from a Motorfactors.

Ahh cool NCT is up so might get on that when im fixing the hole in the exhaust, damage limitation atm as trying to spend as little as possible getting her past the NCT, no real service history/fairly rough dunno what i would get for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

out of boredom today i carbon wrapped my key and it turned out pretty good. took almost an hour with a scalpel and no lost fingers so all is well. it looks like this this....

Will you post a pic of it, Im very interested

will do tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

will do tomorrow

Gone a bit mad with the wrap. You should see if you can wrap the whole car.:D

Marlow wrote: »
    What are you getting when you disconnect the MAF's ? Could be O2 sensors, too. I tend to sit around 18-22 mpg. Right now more like 18, as one there's a temperature sensor on the exhaust, that was bodged by somebody (won't mention names)

/M

Haven't got that far yet. Took me a few fills to actually believe it. It's worse than the LS400.

have focussed on prepping the 8er and the basics on on the M5 (steering, tyres, suspension), so not too fussy about the mpg but it proper sucks.

And to think, I was trying to dumb everything down by getting an octy or something ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

E39MSport wrote: »

Thats truly shocking with the M5, something has to be amiss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

There's probably loads of posts between this and when I started typing, but...
    Jemmy wrote: »
    Yea but there is a reason its the same few posters, people are sick of the sh!te & just got sick of trying to ignore it or talk around it.

I wouldn't like to see this thread closed but if it continues like this its bound to happen.

But it was started as a shíte talk thread in the first place. IMO, the thread started losing people because banter started being moderated, be it jokes about octavias or innuendos here or there, the point of an off topic thread is somewhere to put all that talk that would drag a normal thread off topic. If people start doubting what they can say and be within limits, then they just won't say it in the first place. And yes, everyone has their own limits of what they think should even be said in the first place, never mind end up in here, but there's also nobody forcing anyone to read the thread either.

Also trying to "ban" clique-esque behavior is somewhat pointless, people know who they know in person, and will be more inclined to take the mickey with them. That's just human nature. Sure myself, Conzy and butcherface Metzgermeister have been around to each others working on all our cars at some point. Yes, it may not look entirely noob friendly, but as with real life, if you want to get in on the craic, you have to get involved.

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    Gone a bit mad with the wrap. You should see if you can wrap the whole car.:D

all i can say is....its exams time :) no i wont overdo it, ive one more piece to do and sin e

andyseadog wrote: »

i'm pretty sure my car doesn't have a DMF, but is there any quick way of finding out 100%..............

Ring a main stealers quoting your reg or chassis number pricing a clutch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Just remembered I have 4 Easter eggs in the boot (one with a mug!)

Enjoy.

My aunt is always late with my easter eggs. Shes not given me mine until friday.

Last year she dident get me any. :(

The year before she got me a thomas the tank engine one. Which was also my brithday present aswell, that year.

Thats truly shocking with the M5, something has to be amiss.

Deffo. It's pinking now on fire up when warm so air is the suspect. Bit hesitant too under 2k revs. Hopefully the mafs will do the trick.
    Need to spend some more time with it.

all i can say is....its exams time :) no i wont overdo it, ive one more piece to do and sin e

The interior mirror? The back of it I mean. Not the mirror itself. The handles up beside your head? The sun visor? Plenty there to keep you busy.;)

But it was started as a shíte talk thread in the first place. IMO, the thread started losing people because banter started being moderated, be it jokes about octavias or innuendos here or there, the point of an off topic thread is somewhere to put all that talk that would drag a normal thread off topic. If people start doubting what they can say and be within limits, then they just won't say it in the first place. And yes, everyone has their own limits of what they think should even be said in the first place, never mind end up in here, but there's also nobody forcing anyone to read the thread either.

Also trying to "ban" clique-esque behavior is somewhat pointless, people know who they know in person, and will be more inclined to take the mickey with them. That's just human nature. Sure myself, Conzy and butcherface Metzgermeister have been around to each others working on all our cars at some point. Yes, it may not look entirely noob friendly, but as with real life, if you want to get in on the craic, you have to get involved.

Look, it's been covered. What we want is a thread that is suited to the Motoring forum, if this can't be adhered to then it'll be closed.

This is the pm i sent to Crilly,
    This is the Motoring part of the forum at the end of the day, it's not a private forum, or a small forum in which everyone knows everyone. it's one of the busiest forums on boards and can be viewed by anyone. This has to be remembered when posting in Motors.

An OT thread was consistently locked previous to this, this is the longest one has ever ran. There is no list of topics which can and cannot be discussed, we're all adults at the end of the day and common sense should be taken into consideration. Posting graphic a link of the birth of a baby has no place in the OT thread, especially not in the Motoring part of the forum. Many people looking at these threads during work and it should be safe for them to click on and link in the Motoring forum without any unsafe for work material at the other end.

OT it may be, that's fine. But sexual innuendo's, graphic links and very personal information should be kept for pm. it has to be remembered that everyone has access to this thread.

That somes it up, if common sense is played then there won't be any trouble or any need for Moderating.

Now we can leave this, and let the thread flow it's natural course. Any more crap will just be deleted and dealt with via pm to stop this thread being ruined.

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    The interior mirror? The back of it I mean. Not the mirror itself. The handles up beside your head? The sun visor? Plenty there to keep you busy.;)

nope nope and nope :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

RoverJames wrote: »

Ring a main stealers quoting your reg or chassis number pricing a clutch :)

thought that might be the only way.

ocasionally get a quiet little rattle on idle, comes and goes. always goes when you put your foot on the clutch.
    (crossing my fingers for release bearing)
    if its going to be a flywheel problem its time to drop the price and run like **** back to a nice basic petrol.

• Advertisement

nope nope and nope :)

You know you want to do them.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement