Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Someone must be benefitting. Its not us and its not the tunnel.....its the grange bastards i betcha! :D

I headed up to Grange at 6pm from the Roundabout, 'twas crawling up the hill as far as Curragh Woods and the people coming against me were bumper to bumper too. Dunno if that's normal or not for there, am rarely up that way.

conzymaher wrote: »
    .............. I know the second wire allows them to calculate direction but they could calculate the speed too.

Dunno how accurate they would be for calculating speed, decent difference in circumference of the wheels across what's on the road so 'twould be next to useless really. A big wheeled yoke going slow could give a similar result to a small wheeled yoke going much faster, unless I'm having a blond moment :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

RoverJames wrote: »
    Dunno how accurate they would be for calculating speed, decent difference in circumference of the wheels across what's on the road so 'twould be next to useless really. A big wheeled yoke going slow could give a similar result to a small wheeled yoke going much faster, unless I'm having a blond moment :pac:

Well if the lad with the physics degree can't figure it out we're all fcuked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Because there is no receiver or sender on the other side i just presumed one was sending the signal and the other was receiving it.
    Anywhere in douglas is ridiculously busy really. Douglas/maryborough direction just wasnt planned well at all. The houses were built before the infrastructure was upgraded if at all.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Yeah Im not sure how effective it would be, but I dont think the circumference would come into play, just the amount of time between the first and second impact. Which should be constant for all vehicles travelling the same speed seen as the wires need to have enough sensitivity to be activated by a corsa and an artic

You're right, I was having a blond moment :)
    The distance is constant and the time can be measured so the speed can than be derived, the circumference had feck all to do with it. With the distance being that small though you'd want a decent enough timer yoke.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Jesus its surely time for an innuendo after all of that serious talk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Got 42.2 mpg on the m1 coming home tonight.
    Next target, 43. Its amazing how you spend time with no stereo.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You're right, I was having a blond moment :)
    The distance is constant and the time can be measured so the speed can than be derived, the circumference had feck all to do with it. With the distance being that small though you'd want a decent enough timer yoke.

I'm sure there's one in there somewhere :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

I have one but im already on one warning! EDIT. after all that joking about heaters in cars and even numbers went to turn mine on this morning and it was as dead as a dodo. I just sat there and laughed sure what else can you do. Im blaming ND on it!

Well after hitting one there's normally another 50 or 100 yards up the road, they could calculate the time it takes to hit one then the other but I doubt it as that wouldn't account for lane changes and such. I'd agree with one not being able to calculate speed properly because of wheel base, the wheel circumference I don't really get how that would affect anything, as long as it registers the vehicle going over it in the first place. Girth matters more anyway.

Just for measuring traffic volume I'd say ;)

Sacramento wrote: »
    Well after hitting one there's normally another 50 or 100 yards up the road............

The yokes I'm thinking of generally have a few feet between them and the set 50 or 100 yards up the road are usually on the other side :)

I've already mentioned I was wrong about the circumference :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Today is my Friday :cool:

BDJW wrote: »
    Today is my Friday :cool:

Is Sunday your Monday though? If it isn't everyone will be suitably jealous....

Is Sunday your Monday though? If it isn't everyone will be suitably jealous....

Nope! 4 day week for me this week :D Have to head to a wedding tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Does anybody want a mint condition roof for an MGF/TF?

It owes me 200 but I can't collect it and the lady has been waiting for ages. It's located in Baltinglass.

Just thought it might be if use to someone here. I just want it out of her house at this stage

Nope! 4 day week for me this week :D Have to head to a wedding tomorrow!

I have to beg for bank holiday weekends off despite being full time... Going to try and do that today.

I have to beg for bank holiday weekends off despite being full time... Going to try and do that today. Though a family wedding, that's a good excuse and I might steal it :p

I am usually the same......getting bank holidays off in here is a nightmare :mad:

Right! I'm off to give this a go, will report back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Here's the latest Wheeler Dealers episode in three parts for any of you that didn't see it.Not sure if it's been posted already but here you go..:)

Have to head to a wedding tomorrow!

Pass them on my commiserations :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Insurance renewed.... That just broke my heart...... and bank balance :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

MugMugs wrote: »

Tax letter expected for me any day now too! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I got a tax refund. Now I have money for a holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Fiona wrote: »

I have one but im already on one warning! EDIT. after all that joking about heaters in cars and even numbers went to turn mine on this morning and it was as dead as a dodo. I just sat there and laughed sure what else can you do. Im blaming ND on it!

Is nd in work today I wonder ?

I don't start until 7 but I want to get some things looked at

Going over speed bumps is not good :/

The lights in the fan control buttons didn't come on with the headlights yesturday so a slap to the dash fixed that !

But im not bothered about that, gonna make sure things are thight there when I fit the radio for wiring etc.

I think hitting a bump too hard gave me a suspension issue but it feels like I'm running over something but no change to the car, like there's something on the tyre (but the tyres are perfect)

And that steering wheel squeak too !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Bad, or bad bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

draffodx wrote: »

Mine is next month. From €860 to €925 :mad:

draffodx wrote: »

Meh

Income tax bill / accountants bill / car tax / nct / car insurance renewal all the in the one month. NEXT!
    johnos1984 wrote: »
    I got a tax refund. Now I have money for a holiday

I want to kill you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Fiona wrote: »
    Meh

Income tax bill / accountants bill / car tax / nct / car insurance renewal all the in the one month. NEXT!

I want to kill you.

I got free money aswell today :D

Mwhahahahahahaha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement