Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I call it my secret savings account as I never know what's in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

BX 19 wrote: »
    I got free money aswell today :D

Mwhahahahahahaha

You're on my hit list as well :mad:
    johnos1984 wrote: »

I can't claim back my med expenses the way I used to be able to cos I am registered for self assesment now.

Being a grown up sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

BX 19 wrote: »
    I got free money aswell today :D

Mwhahahahahahaha

Me too, €770! Plus feck all PAYE for the next two years and a medical card for the same period even though I'm working.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

draffodx wrote: »
    Tax letter expected for me any day now too! :(

TAX is even worse.... Nothing better than walking out the door after handing over just under a grand.... Getting into your car and travelling down a road of pot holes.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Bad, or bad bad?

Liberty offered renewal of €966 :eek:

Good old 123 did me for €4 fiddy.... Which isnt too bad in the grand scheme of things..
    Confab wrote: »
    Me too, €770! Plus feck all PAYE for the next two years and a medical card for the same period even though I'm working.

How'd you swing the medical card??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

MugMugs wrote: »
    TAX is even worse.... Nothing better than walking out the door after handing over just under a grand.... Getting into your car and travelling down a road of pot holes.

€1204 and I've already had just under €2000 damage done to the car via said potholes which the county council wouldn't accept responsibility for!

• Advertisement

€1204 and I've already had just under €2000 damage done to the car via said potholes which the county council wouldn't accept responsibility for!

Didn't think the roads around you were too bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lol, I am happy though about my insurance renewal this month.

Insurance from on my bangornomics ford went from 550eu to 450eu, it's quite fantastic having insurance in 3 digits not in 4 lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

How'd you swing the medical card??

Revenue Job Assist

Confab wrote: »
    Me too, €770!
    This list is growing :mad::D

Didn't think the roads around you were too bad?

I travel back home every weekend into the sticks, holes the sizes of bungalows!

• Advertisement

I travel back home every weekend into the sticks, holes the sizes of bungalows!

Did you eventually move to Ashbourne?

Insurance from on my bangornomics ford went from 550eu to 450eu, it's quite fantastic having insurance in 3 digits not in 4 lol :D

My insurance is €380 this year, was €300 last year, tut tut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

€80 this year. Living abroad rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Just renewed for €402 today on the Prelude.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

€80 this year. Living abroad rocks!

That wouldn't even cover Administration and Levies in this kip of a country :(

RoverJames wrote: »
    My insurance is €380 this year, was €300 last year, tut tut.

Damn. 380 still damn good. It's for that rover 75?

I am with liberty for last 4 years. I was shocked when fella called me and said: we are very happy to have you as the customer all these years. Did you liked qoute we sent you? For the first time in my life insurance company thanked me for having a business with me, not just: give me all of your money ya peasant!!!

Fiona wrote: »
    Did you eventually move to Ashbourne?

Nope, thanks for the info on the place too was really helpful! Still stuck in Dun Laoghaire for the foreseeable future though.
    OSI wrote: »
    Joining car specific forums are always a bad idea. I already have far too many expensive plans for the GTI. But came across this little number, and I'm seriously tempted to give the red front splitter a go.

Really? I think it ruins the front of it.

Damn. 380 still damn good. It's for that rover 75? ..........

Yep, in fairness €300 was looney cheap :)

Btw lads, is it me or carzone became totally useless?

Big part of the adds had not been updates for more then 30 days. It's like a graveyard of ads.
    Looks like the only option is donedeal, and it's search engine can be right damn thick!

Btw lads, is it me or carzone became totally useless?

Big part of the adds had not been updates for more then 30 days. It's like a graveyard of ads.
    Looks like the only option is donedeal, and it's search engine can be right damn thick!

A guy I know who has a main dealership was telling me that they are moving towards www.beepbeep.ie . Aparently it offers better features to the garages. I was a little drunk at a wedding at the time though and can't remember excatly what they were :).

• Advertisement

It's hideous :(

Not the tidiest of webpages alright.

It's hideous :(

holy crap.

open link - pain in your eyes!

It also has way less cars on it than carzone!

It also has way less cars on it than carzone!
    SIMI dealers only afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

You're a fecking accountant and you don't know whether you're due a refund and how much???? I used to do the same with y expenses - enforced savings. When I eft they owed me £18k. If I'd had it, it wouldn't have been so special!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The best quote i've gotten on the Focus ST170 i'm hoping to buy is 1050 fully comp or 920 third party fire and theft. The worst quote I got was 5500:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Marcusm wrote: »
    You're a fecking accountant and you don't know whether you're due a refund and how much???? I used to do the same with y expenses - enforced savings. When I eft they owed me £18k. If I'd had it, it wouldn't have been so special!

I thought John was a teacher or something?

When I did figures for another thread on car costs per mile I figured out that I spend approx 55% of my gross yearly income on motoring expenses(depreciation, tax, insurance, petrol, parts, etc). Depressing or what :/

In good news, the car that nononsense refused to insure and the cheapest quote I could find was €1,300 comprehensive - 18 months later costs me €600 to insure fully comp.

It's nice to have a little surprise every now and again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Thanks again to the doc for being great with my car

Just need to find an alloy now to replace a buckled one !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

John is a teacher, not a scumbag accountant :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement