Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

166man wrote: »
    Have you got a tattoo down the side of your face, and a big Tiger somewhere in the room too? Oh and a crazy little monkey somewhere around there too?:pac:

The Hangover, what an epic movie..

oh i was confused there as to what film you were on about :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

oh i was confused there as to what film you were on about :pac:

Ah feck off with ya... didn't want some of the older folk to not understand what I was on about...:D

Still though the first one will always be the best...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

BX 19 wrote: »
    Random electrical issues. Battery light popped on in the clio this last night after I flatted the battery by leaving the lights on.

Put a spare battery in and the battery light comes on after a small drive and its dead by the time I get home. However, when I charged the original battery and popped it back in, there was no light and the alternator was putting out an healthy 14.68v at idle.

Off to check my earthing points now. Any other ideas.

Any ideas lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Anyone else think Volvo's current ad campaigns a bit of a joke 'The Volvo Ocean Race taught us how to develop our cars'. A car that handles like a boat really doesn't make me want to buy it guys! And the weird thing is that Volvo cars are actually one of the few marques impressing me on the market at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Sun shining, beer chilling, steak maranading, tunes tuning! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Heading down to the seine, For the first wake boarding session of the season,
    I think i seen a polar bear wandering past shivering, so i think ill leave the gear at home and just bring the camera:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Cad é na tunes???

Cad é na tunes???

Mostly rock dude ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Urgh so jealous!

Just spent the afternoon clearing out my shed of car parts to flog for cash and fighting off giant spiders at the same time.

Me no likey spiders :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Worked with a grown man before who literally jumped up onto a bench to get away from a spider on the ground.

I could just shake my head at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Fiona wrote: »

Urgh so jealous!

Just spent the afternoon clearing out my shed of car parts to flog for cash and fighting off giant spiders at the same time.

Me no likey spiders :(

Pet spider for the win ? :p

Having a fun day of using my nephew as an excuse to play both remote control cars and go playground :D

Any luck getting a wheel yesterday Robbie?

whyulittle wrote: »
    Worked with a grown man before who literally jumped up onto a bench to get away from a spider on the ground.

I could just shake my head at him.

I could hold a rat or a frog anything except a spider, I used to have a pet gecko and he just to climb all over me mad little yoke.

Anthing with more than 4 legs I have an issue with :o

I could hold a rat.........

:eek:

f that

RoverJames wrote: »
    :eek:

f that

They are not that bad, rather that than a huge tarantula!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I could hold a rat or a frog anything except a spider, I used to have a pet gecko and he just to climb all over me mad little yoke.

Anthing with more than 4 legs I have an issue with :o

My friend from South Africa was telling us about these geckos. They used come into their house and live on the ceiling and walls. They didn't give 2 hoots about them, just left them alone :D

They can also live for a while running around the place after their head had been chopped off!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Went out to see this: http://www.colinhuntcarsales.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=775318

I let them know I was coming out a couple of hours before arriving, and said I'd like a test drive. Got there, and the car had one complete flat. Fan belt was making an awful racket. Car seems to have been hit in the rear, nothing too bad by the looks of it. And gearbox was leaking. Big pool of fresh oil under the car. And to top it all off, each and every one of the wheels was wrecked.

Buying cars is stressful...

My friend from South Africa was telling us about these geckos. They used come into their house and live on the ceiling and walls. They didn't give 2 hoots about them, just left them alone :D

They can also live for a while running around the place after their head had been chopped off!

Ah he was a cool little thing :)

• Advertisement

I let them know I was coming out a couple of hours before arriving...........

Was Mike there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Went out to see this: http://www.colinhuntcarsales.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=775318

I let them know I was coming out a couple of hours before arriving, and said I'd like a test drive. Got there, and the car had one complete flat. Fan belt was making an awful racket. Car seems to have been hit in the rear, nothing too bad by the looks of it. And gearbox was leaking. Big pool of fresh oil under the car. And to top it all off, each and every one of the wheels was wrecked.

Buying cars is stressful...

I was seriously considering an ST170 not that long ago, in the end I decided that in order to find a nice, well looked after one I'd have to go across the pond and pay a bit more money.

I'm still glad I bought the Golf though.

If I only had the money for a racing Puma....:(

I was seriously considering an ST170 not that long ago, in the end I decided that in order to find a nice, well looked after one I'd have to go across the pond and pay a bit more money.

I'm still glad I bought the Golf though.

If I only had the money for a racing Puma....:(

Yeah I think i'll have to start looking at other cars tbh. Just not going to find aa well sorted ST on a budget under 4k.

Those ST's don't do it for me at all. Lots of decent metal out there for that sort of wonga. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Yeah I think i'll have to start looking at other cars tbh. Just not going to find aa well sorted ST on a budget under 4k.

Just buy a 93 Aero and be done with it!

Those ST's don't do it for me at all. Lots of decent metal out there for that sort of wonga. ;)

Suggestions?! 4K max budget.
    Just buy a 93 Aero and be done with it!

Hahaha was just looking them up there.

Suggestions?! 4K max budget.

Depends on your requirements / limits really. Why not start a 'find me a car' thread?

Depends on your requirements / limits really. Why not start a 'find me a car' thread?

I've already had a few lol. Alright here comes a new one!

I've already had a few lol. Alright here comes a new one!

I'll probably just suggest a Bimmer anyhow! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

RoverJames wrote: »
    Any luck getting a wheel yesterday Robbie?

Rang a few dealers and all said the same thing.

But I went into Gowan and asked your man and he said not availible and so on.

So we stood there talking and I asked if he could nick one from a showroom car - said no

Asked to check any kind of stock he had at all and came out with a used one but perfect contidition and was exact same as my own for €70

Straight up to atlas to save the day and was all perfect.

Top notch perfect driving now.

I think I owe ND a lot for doing all the work on my car for me !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement