Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I'll probably just suggest a Bimmer anyhow! :D

750Li....:D

Suggestions?! 4K max budget.........

C70 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Actually Alan, how about an MG ZR? They're great cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Actually Alan, how about an MG ZR? They're great cars!
    This one surely worth a look, €1300

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3197508

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Suggestions?! 4K max budget.

Hahaha was just looking them up there.

boom

View2-5981743.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2060228

Little bit overpriced. But quirky, different and quick enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

If anybody is into their dance music www.tonikradio.com now for the next 2 hours... Radiotherapy :)

This one surely worth a look, €1300

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3197508

'twould give an ST170 something to think about :pac:
    Those back lights would have to go though.

RoverJames wrote: »
    'twould give an ST170 something to think about :pac:
    Those back lights would have to go though.

They're the "Lexus" lights which I'm sorry to say, I bought for my one. They lasted 2 days before I put back on the OEM ones.

We all learn from our mistakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

They're the "Lexus" lights which I'm sorry to say, I bought for my one. They lasted 2 days before I put back on the OEM ones.

We all learn from our mistakes!

They were on a starlet that I acquired off my cousin. They didn't last a week until I got rid of them and screwed on some OEM ones from a scrappy.

They look naff and instantly ruins most cars.

Ah yeah, obviosuly Alan isn't skanger enough to leave the lexus lights on it :D But with 2700 left over, should be easy enough replace with OEM ones

• Advertisement

Seems a very low asking price, you'dhave to listen carefully for any signs of the VVC rattle of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

That ZR160 is on adverts too. Been keeping an eye on a few ZR's recently. Be kind of wary that he said "car doesnt come with service history" on the advert and otherwise avoided the question about timing belt/head gasket. He has also dropped it by a good 500 or so in the last week. It also seems to be missing the side skirts which is odd for a 160 and the seats are pretty worn inside. The painted steering wheel also looks pretty tatty.

There is a much nicer 160 here that I am tempted by myself but will probably end up getting a 1.4. Probably get that one down to 2k eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Witnessed the NCT guys failing a car (IS200) on loud exhaust today. It was fooking ridic though.

I also overheard, cracked discs, missing bushings, leaking exhaust, broken drop link and loads more on the same car.

Was spotless though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Went out to see this: http://www.colinhuntcarsales.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=775318

I let them know I was coming out a couple of hours before arriving, and said I'd like a test drive. Got there, and the car had one complete flat. Fan belt was making an awful racket. Car seems to have been hit in the rear, nothing too bad by the looks of it. And gearbox was leaking. Big pool of fresh oil under the car. And to top it all off, each and every one of the wheels was wrecked.

Buying cars is stressful...

What is it about car dealers and estate agents; during the aberration (aka the boom or the Celtic tiger) they became masters of the universe and good ones were like hen's teeth. Now that the bust has come you'd think only the good ones would have survived but here you are a serious buyer and the car's not even roadworthy. I had a surveyor round to a house last week, have paid a substantial deposit and the twat estate agent with two weeks notice can't even get the electricity working. His boss even rang me yesterday and I have to repeat to him what I told his muppet colleague in writing two weeks ago. I despair of certain aspects of Ireland; why dO some crap idiots survive while others are pushed out of their jobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Ill sell you my car for 4k alan :D

Redisle wrote: »
    There is a much nicer 160 here

Good points on the original one, I thought those steering wheels were red and black leather, not painted?

That one you have there is gorgeous but the interior is fairly skangerized but thankfully, you can whip out those stupid mats and those rotten pedals are just clasped/screwed on i.e. they are placed on, metal bars screwed in from the back to hold them to the original pedals.

They were on my ZR too and I got rid of them when I got home from collecting it.
    Marcusm wrote: »
    What is it about car dealers and estate agents; during the aberration (aka the boom or the Celtic tiger) they became masters of the universe and good ones were like hen's teeth. Now that the bust has come you'd think only the good ones would have survived but here you are a serious buyer and the car's not even roadworthy. I had a surveyor round to a house last week, have paid a substantial deposit and the twat estate agent with two weeks notice can't even get the electricity working. His boss even rang me yesterday and I have to repeat to him what I told his muppet colleague in writing two weeks ago. I despair of certain aspects of Ireland; why dO some crap idiots survive while others are pushed out of their jobs!

The good ones are (mainly) gone because they were being honest. The cowboys survived :rolleyes:

Ah yeah, obviosuly Alan isn't skanger enough to leave the lexus lights on it

Either was I smart-arse, hence why I took them off :P

There is a much nicer 160 here that I am tempted by myself but will probably end up getting a 1.4. Probably get that one down to 2k eventually.

Yeah I spotted that one too, looks somewhat skangerized as well, also I'm always wary of "Lady owner, call Mick on xxxxxxxxx"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Ill sell you my car for 4k alan :D

You and I both know your car isn't quick enough:D

Good points on the original one, I thought those steering wheels were red and black leather, not painted?

Yeah you are correct actually. Most of them seem to have the non-colour coded one so I thought it was a modification but there are a few on PH with the leather coloured ones. Plain one is much nicer imo even if it's not leather.
    Yeah I spotted that one too, looks somewhat skangerized as well, also I'm always wary of "Lady owner, call Mick on xxxxxxxxx"

Easy enough to get rid of the mats and pedals as said and also that horrible pink sticker on the window. Looks perfect otherwise to me!

True about the seller probably not being the owner.

Just noticed this actually. Visible smoke from the exhaust in one of the pictures. I hope it was just started from cold :rolleyes:

Full-10459446.jpeg

Did you miss that bling chrome part above the exhaust? :P

• Advertisement

That's standard on the facelift model.

It's actually a heat shield I believe.

Erm...anyone notice the original rear light clusters in that last pic? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

You and I both know your car isn't quick enough:D

ohhh now that is poor form! :D

Did you miss that bling chrome part above the exhaust? :P

Pure class :cool:
    'tis on the ZT too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Oh here we go..the my car is faster than your car debate!

I like it :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    Pure class :cool:
    'tis on the ZT too :pac:

Jesus wept :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Fiona wrote: »

Woohoo :D

Fiona wrote: »

LOL :D Not a chance! A 1.2 ltr Polo vs. a 1.8 ltr astra....there's no debate!

The polo is obviously faster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Is the Focus ST really only 170bhp? A Cooper S is 184bhp or thereabouts. I always thought the ST was like an XR3i mental machine; am I showing my age?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement