Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Fukkin excellent man. Nice one.

W126 problems sound like an 8 series story ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Don't suppose you'd make a full set of cream leathers out of that lot :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Don't suppose you'd make a full set of cream leathers out of that lot :P

Rest are in the 280 already! Just need to swap over the door cards, the remaining seat and wire the whole lot up :)

If your'e aftr a leather interior for a w126 saloon, I know a chap that has a blue leather interior in a 420se thats being broken up last time I checked if your'e interested :)

The car is gold, some how I reckon that wouldn't be a very good combination :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

The car is gold, some how I reckon that wouldn't be a very good combination :P

Blue interior with a Gold exterior, t'would be like the Dutch Gold Mercedes... Not a great look I'm thinking..:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Anyone ever do anything like the advanced car control course out in mondello? I was thinking it could be a bit of craic.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Anyone ever do anything like the advanced car control course out in mondello? I was thinking it could be a bit of craic.

No I did do it on the Ballysimon road last year in the ice, much more fun :P

No I did do it on the Ballysimon road last year in the ice, much more fun :P

I have a 20 mile drive to work that is nearly entirely all m1. The snow and ice made the drive interesting for a change!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Noticed today that between last Thurs and now, some arse has rearended me and put a nice 2 inch rip into my bumper :(

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its great fun and it teaches you alot! On that note I noticed that the KA isn't driving as well as it was before it did the endurance rally :)

How much is that course? I'd like to get more confidence dealing with unexpected situations

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Noticed today that between last Thurs and now, some arse has rearended me and put a nice 2 inch rip into my bumper :(

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Bummer, head wreck :mad:

RoverJames wrote: »
    Bummer, head wreck :mad:

It could be worse I guess, I've a rust spot to deal with, and wanted to get it properly detailed, so hopefully getting it all done at once will drive down the cost, I was rightly disgusted, and know it wasn't there last week as myself and my mechanic went through the various scratches and rust bits in terms of the nct.

Drives me mental people can't be arsed to leave a note tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Anyone fancy a DB9?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Aston-Martin/DB9/V12/201107201265006/advert?channel=CARS

That's some value in fairness. Wonder why the engine was replaced though. :/

Anyone fancy a DB9?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Aston-Martin/DB9/V12/201107201265006/advert?channel=CARS

That's some value in fairness. Wonder why the engine was replaced though. :/

Probably tried it's hand at swimming :P

I see Jeep are offering 0% finance now:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

@EPM were you in harvey normans today? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

@EPM were you in harvey normans today? :)

Nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

That DB9 has been for sale forever. Really put you off knowing the engine had been changed though. Some rich fella thought his car never needed servicing. The history of it would be interesting to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Anybody know why a load of 4 and 5 year old threads have been bumped up so much today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Because people can't read? :)

• Advertisement

MugMugs wrote: »
    Anybody know why a load of 4 and 5 year old threads have been bumped up so much today ?

Because it's a bank holiday monday and people have shag all else to do?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

mondeo wrote: »
    That DB9 has been for sale forever. Really put you off knowing the engine had been changed though. Some rich fella thought his car never needed servicing. The history of it would be interesting to know.

Not necessarily, if it was changed by Aston Martin and they have given it another warranty I wouldn't see the problem.

On the other hand, every other wearing part of the car could be in question.

My Golf is best banger!

16,000 miles with additional costs of 50 euro for an air flow and 70 for a full (minus roof) respray :P

What about the sumps and driveshaft .... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Where?In motors?Makes it easier for us if they are just reported :)

Without my 8 ish mile spin to where I usually work the ZT is about 12mpg for the last 80 miles.

Bumped into a lad that was a year ahead of me in college last night, sound fella, used to be mad into Asconas and the like years back. He was telling me he has a 1.8 159 (Opel engined aren't they?) now and 'tis mad for the petrol, "awful hoor for it altogether" (he's from out the sticks), "couldn't keep petrol in the thing" he was saying.

RJ unfortunately won that p1ssing contest decisively

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

(Opel engined aren't they?)

I think all the petrol engines, except the 1.7 TB are GM units...

Open to corrections :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Where?In motors?Makes it easier for us if they are just reported :)

Yeah, Kbannon and Alan closed a few earlier. 166 is probably right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

EPM wrote: »
    Nope!

Feck sake saw my first blue 2011 vrs with a columbus so thought it might!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Feck sake saw my first blue 2011 vrs with a columbus so thought it might!

His one is 09..

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    I think all the petrol engines, except the 1.7 TB are GM units...

Open to corrections :)

Yup as far as I know the 1.8mpi, 2.2jts, and 3.2jts are all GM units with some Alfa parts stuck on to them. 3.2 is a crap engine..

Dunno about the 1.9jts petrol engine though, not sure of that's Alfa's own engine or a GM unit again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement