Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I had to stop in a filling station this evening to get diesel for the first time in years, its depressing to look at the pump and how fast it clocks up the cash...

I seen Top Dog there too he was chilling out..

I see petrol is now €1.649 in the local service station to me, small bit better than €1.669 anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

RoverJames wrote: »
    I see petrol is now €1.649 in the local service station to me, small bit better than €1.669 anyway :)

I can recall a thread here not so long ago where people were reckoning petrol would hit 1.50...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I had to stop in a filling station this evening to get diesel for the first time in years, its depressing to look at the pump and how fast it clocks up the cash...

I seen Top Dog there too he was chilling out..

Ehhhh. How did you fill up before?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

If it's any consolidation: 98 Octane was 1.80 EUR in Belgium at the start of the month. 95 Octane was 1.75 or 1.76.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Ok this could be nothing but still, saw this car on donedeal today and thought it looked familiar, I seem to remember one guy on here saying it was his with 170k miles on it. Now it's for same with 90k miles...

View2-11224240.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3267491

Of course I could be hopelessly wrong but something tells me it's a familiar looking car... Can't remember the name of the poster though...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,324 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I can recall a thread here not so long ago where people were reckoning petrol would hit 1.50...:(
    Currently doing a Euro driving tour so will be seeing 5 or so different fuel costs; so far (France), I've been paying 1.72-1.78 for 98. Have bought nearly €300 worth since Thursday on top of the 100L I had when I got on Le Shuttle. It really goes fast, maybe I should slow down. Today I did 500ks in just about 4 hours including queuing 4 times for tolls. Then spent an hour trying to find a car park in Nice that wouldn't take the aerial off the car!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Oooh, clocked indeed! SCUM!

What's the J for? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

MugMugs wrote: »

Jaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggg!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Oooh, clocked indeed! SCUM!

Thats what 80,000 miles? Ah people that do that make my blood boil. :mad:

But theres no signs really to look out for, to know if a car is clocked or not. Is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

That's my old car. Left me a few weeks back with clue to 180 k on the clock.

Jaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggg!

You were waiting for some poor sucker to ask, weren't you? It was me! :(:D

But theres no signs really to look out for, to know if a car is clocked or not. Is there?

That Accord was very clean if i remember correctly. it's hard, to tell on hard wearing, well minded cars.

Someone is going to be duped by it.

That Accord was very clean if i remember correctly. it's hard, to tell on hard wearing, well minded cars.

Someone is going to be duped by it.

Ah right, I see.

Ah, Its such a sly thing to do though. :mad:

Wonder if the last NCT report has a higher milage than what they clocked it to. Could be interesting.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3202057

View2-10906616.jpeg

If only it had DSG, also it's a dentists car by the looks of it eek :(

NCT cert/Garage service history is all i can think of

It does Marlow. NCT was done past 170k miles.

Quazzie wrote: »
    That's my old car. Left me a few weeks back with clue to 180 k on the clock.

I knew it! It kept at me and I said feck it I'll throw it up and see if the owner recognised it!

I remember thinking how clean it was for 170k miles. Absolute state of the people that do that.:mad:

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »
    I knew it! It kept at me and I said feck it I'll throw it up and see if the owner recognised it!

I remember thinking how clean it was for 170k miles. Absolute state of the people that do that.:mad:

Well they will have no luck from the money they get for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I suggest we all do the right thing and annoy the **** out of him. :D

I'm game. :)

Just view the car and then ask for the NCT cert, if it's not there. It has the milage written on it.

/M

Way ahead of ya

Will I call and hang up? :cool:

Dont forget to whisper "We know it's clocked" and then hang up giggling like a teenage girl

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Dont forget to whisper "We know it's clocked" and then hang up giggling like a teenage girl

I giggle more like a chain smoker, then start coughing. :(

I'm game. :)
    Way ahead of ya
    Jimbob 83 wrote: »

Done and done. Texted the seller and got a reply saying there was no service history with the car. Asked about the mileage being verified and got no reply.. Actually wait, he just replied saying that there is only the logbook with it and no other documentation... Hmmm I'm gonna screw this guy..:D

Any requests for what you guys want to know?:p

• Advertisement

Ask him is there any damage on the car. I can tell you every scrape and dent on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement