Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

He says he px'd it with those miles.

Makes it so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Its actually a shame he's :'lost' the service history because it has a pretty comprehensive Honda service history.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Quazzie wrote: »
    Its actually a shame he's :'lost' the service history because it has a pretty comprehensive Honda service history.

Lost the NCT certificate too apparently. He says he was only given two keys and the logbook..

What to say next I wonder other than you're a ****....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

166man wrote: »
    Done and done. Texted the seller and got a reply saying there was no service history with the car. Asked about the mileage being verified and got no reply.. Actually wait, he just replied saying that there is only the logbook with it and no other documentation... Hmmm I'm gonna screw this guy..:D

Any requests for what you guys want to know?:p

Well. Mywheels or carfax should be able to get the milage from the NCT register.

The NCT cert is a requirement. Guards can ask for this to be produced, when you're stopped and it has the milage on.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Marlow wrote: »
    Well. Mywheels or carfax should be able to get the milage from the NCT register.

The NCT cert is a requirement. Guards can ask for this to be produced, when you're stopped and it has the milage on.

/M

They can't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Ask him if he has any good looking sisters with abit of laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just went a few pages back to see what's the fuzz about.

Well he is a scum bag. Now I really think that whole German thing about putting clickers in to jail is a good idea.

.............. Hmmm I'm gonna screw this guy..:D

Any requests for what you guys want to know?:p

You using your own mobile for this? Might not be the best idea :)

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Ask him if he has any good looking sisters with abit of laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ;)

Nah I just sent him a text there saying that I'm so interested in the car but due to the nature of my work which is a wave engineer out in the Ocean somewhere I can't view the car as I work all the time. I just asked him for his paypal details and will send a courier to collect the car...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

He won't reply to my UK phone :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Nah I just sent him a text there saying that I'm so interested in the car but due to the nature of my work which is a wave engineer out in the Ocean somewhere I can't view the car as I work all the time. I just asked him for his paypal details and will send a courier to collect the car...:pac:

the-rock-clapping.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

What about quazzie sending him an SMS:

Bejesus m8! I have to shake your hand bud! You are the first one to discover traveling in time!!! This is my car and it had 170k miles on it, but you managed to go back to the past and bring it here when it had only 90k miles!!! Did you contacted scientist already?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

What about quazzie sending him an SMS:

Bejesus m8! I have to shake your hand bud! You are the first one to discover traveling in time!!! This is my car and it had 170k miles on it, but you managed to go back to the past and bring it here when it had only 90k miles!!! Did you contacted scientist already?!

Probably wouldn't be smart to do that for safety of quazzy !

But maybe scope him out. Saying Honda has a statement of mileage ?

Anyway have him done by the guards !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Actually, since it's got a fairly good SH from Honda, can you not just ring them and ask for a milage report??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Probably wouldn't be smart to do that for safety of quazzy !

But maybe scope him out. Saying Honda has a statement of mileage ?

Anyway have him done by the guards !

Cant do him with the guards. Clocking is not illegal in out fine little country.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Cant do him with the guards. Clocking is not illegal in out fine little country.

Clocking itself isn't illegal but selling a car that you know is clocked without informing the buyer is illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

If that had been my car that I sold on I'd sure as hell would make sure the seller wouldn't get away with it. Can you not go the Guards with all you know Quazzie? Is it the same fella you sold the car to?

Jeez just reading about it is making my blood boil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Clocking isint a crime? :eek:

Sure would it not be some sort of fraud?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Nope. People sometimes need mileage correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I read this an rang the number. He took the Accord as a trade in against a BMW X5 that he was selling. Says it is perfect and available for viewing in Inchicore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The act of clocking in itself is not illegal, selling a car that's clocked without informing the owner is, unfortunately it's often impossible to prove that the seller knew the car was clocked if she feign knowledge :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Clocking itself isn't illegal but selling a car that you know is clocked without informing the buyer is illegal.

Exactly. He has up to the sale being finalised to inform you. Cops wont touch him. Ridiculous.
    Sure he was going to tell you and all, once he knew you were serious like.....

RoverJames wrote: »
    You using your own mobile for this? Might not be the best idea :)

Nope, I have this 48 go conquer thing at the moment. It's an 089 number so used that instead.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Oh now i know all this information im tempted to ring him myself and act like a clueless female car buyer!

Nope, I have this 48 go conquer thing at the moment. It's an 089 number so used that instead.:)

Grand job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Is it Friday yet?! Today was an even worse start to a week than usual :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I feel cheated

My car (04 1.8 Mondeo 130 bhp) quote €670
    01 E240 2.6 V6 quote €590

:mad:

ninty9er wrote: »
    I feel cheated

My car (04 1.8 Mondeo 130 bhp) quote €670
    01 E240 2.6 V6 quote €590

:mad:

That's because you have to be over 90 years of age to drive a 2001 E240...

:pac:

MugMugs wrote: »
    Nope. People sometimes need mileage correction.

Why is it needed? I read why on here before but can't remember it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Mainly if you change the engine in the car and it has less miles on it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement