Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Feck sake saw my first blue 2011 vrs with a columbus so thought it might!

Mines an 09 and disgustingly dirty. Plus it was more than likely the touchscreen radio. Looks the same practically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

any more news on the motors meet this month ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

robbie_998 wrote: »

In the next few days there will the something alright.

166man wrote: »
    Yup as far as I know the 1.8mpi, 2.2jts, and 3.2jts are all GM units with some Alfa parts stuck on to them. 3.2 is a crap engine..

Dunno about the 1.9jts petrol engine though, not sure of that's Alfa's own engine or a GM unit again.

Just wondering, as an Alfa fan, would you see the GM engined ones as "Alfa" as actually Alfa engined models?

EPM wrote: »
    In the next few days there will the something alright.

awesome ... cant wait to show off my motor with its sexy scratch :)

never being to a meet either !

only that wexford run which very few boardsies turned up for

still a good day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

awesome ... cant wait to show off my motor with its sexy scratch :)

never being to a meet either !

Newbs buy lunch

Newbs buy lunch

how bout home made ?

i have milk in my fridge that went out of date on the 20th of december.... making good cheese :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

RoverJames wrote: »
    Just wondering, as an Alfa fan, would you see the GM engined ones as "Alfa" as actually Alfa engined models?

I don't know really, I was in a 3.2 Brera before for about a week about 3 years ago and it was very disappointing the engine that is, was expecting a far nicer noise and it didn't feel as fast as it should have. I have also been in a 2.2JTS Spider and it was really nice. Bit of a hit and miss I suppose.

The Alfa's with GM engines in them are clearly not ''Alfa engined models'' but tbh I'm not really sure what you are asking RJ?

I really do wish that Alfa would build a proper V6 like the old 2.5,3.0 and 3.2, because their V6 engines were one of the best parts about them.

166man wrote: »

The Alfa's with GM engines in them are clearly not ''Alfa engined models'' but tbh I'm not really sure what you are asking RJ? ............

Well I never really fancied any of the Honda engined Rovers and I wouldn't be very enthusiastic about driving a BMW engined Rover either, despite having a Honda powered 600 many moons ago and I may well have a diesel ZT in years to come.

Was just wondering, I understand how Alfa folks are passionate about the cars etc but then there's a 1.8 GM engine under the bonnet I don't really see how Alfa folk can really like them as much as an Alfa engined model.

how bout home made ?

No thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

What about the sumps and driveshaft .... :)

Self inflicted, to be fair.

Actually, I completely forgot about the NCT list. But, most of those on the list were self inflicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Well I never really fancied any of the Honda engined Rovers and I wouldn't be very enthusiastic about driving a BMW engined Rover either, despite having a Honda powered 600 many moons ago and I may well have a diesel ZT in years to come.

Was just wondering, I understand how Alfa folks are passionate about the cars etc but then there's a 1.8 GM engine under the bonnet I don't really see how Alfa folk can really like them as much as an Alfa engined model.

Ah I see what you mean, I wouldn't touch a 1.8 159 with a bargepole to be honest and I certainly wouldn't be passionate about it at all! :D. It's true though regardless of how the newer Alfa's look and even though they may be more reliable, the true Alfa's were the one's with their own engines under the bonnet. And I don't like the GM engined Alfa's more than the older one's at all, although the Giulietta cloverleaf with the 1750 TBI engine could change that.

I remember back in 2005 I think it was being in a 147 GTA, and it was probably one of the best experiences of my life, it was full of leather, had big oversized wheels and just sounded superb, sitting there in traffic listening to the engine made me want one so badly. To then go to the Brera V6 was a crushing disappointment. They look great. have great interiors and are generally reliable but it just felt heavy and sounded crap in comparison to the GTA.

It would be nice if Marchionne would stop focusing on the US market and return his attention the the European market, and try and bring back some decent petrol engines to the line-up and not some Chrysler V6...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Ha just coming in to ask the same!

Jemmy wrote: »
    Ha just coming in to ask the same!

EPM is doing up the thread as we speak! (supposedly)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

EPM wrote: »
    Mines an 09 and disgustingly dirty. Plus it was more than likely the touchscreen radio. Looks the same practically.

An 09?! I always thought you only got it new at the start of the year! Ive been looking out for the wrong car so :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I think you've got a stalker EPM! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Better to be stalking the owner of a vrs than an automatic polo :p

Given the option on the laws of averages its probably better to stalk auto polo drivers, more chance of a hot bird driving them, not in this particular case admittedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I should be around.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Just out of curiosity, are there many ladies in the Motors forum? Mrs Crilly is the only one that springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Just out of curiosity, are there many ladies in the Motors forum? Mrs Crilly is the only one that springs to mind.

Abi, Jemmy (DC5), Jenny (RX8)

Just out of curiosity, are there many ladies in the Motors forum.................

... there's plenty of b1tches anyway.... :D

ba doom tish :pac:

Abi, Jemmy (DC5), Jenny (RX8)

Every day's a school day, at least I now know its not a big mickeyfest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Tis true I have no mickey! ;):D
    Just don't get much time to keep up with the general chats in here I'm afraid, I'm around though when I can!

I actually hate that word for it! :-/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm a girl, not around much, and don't know much either though :)

Proper bird :cool:
    :pac:

Can't blame yous when there's threads called "Johnos awful Saab horn" kicking about! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Proper bird :cool:
    :pac:
    Can't blame yous when there's threads called "Johnos awful Saab horn" kicking about! :D

Ah well at least my mechanic hands me the OHs keys to reverse out his car, and doesn't faint in horror when he's bad news for me :D He does think I'm a bit mad with my alfa obsession :) Not for you RJ!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Our mechanic is probably one of the best mechanics I've ever seen, he's an absolute wizard, but when it comes to moving cars in and out the Bossman always told me to do it. The mechanic would be liable to stick it into a wall or something, he's one of the worst drivers I've ever seen. Even when we needed to drive a car to listen for noises etc when diagnosing a problem somebody else in the garage would have to drive him around the industrial estate.

He takes the bus everywhere he needs to go :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement