Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Madness

I'd have my F sorted and back on the road for that sort of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

E39MSport wrote: »
    1287 + vat ...

1583 I think

Great Scott! Your headliner costs more than my car :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Exactly.

Apparently they're pretty poor quality as well. Read a thread where some chap had to order 4 before he was satisfied and at that he capitulated some.

A few hundred should get me sufficient OEM black of correct thickness to cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Confab wrote: »
    Keep the hug for those who need it (Octavia owners).

What does that mean?

What does that mean?

It means that it's the only human contact an Octy owner will get after being shunned for, err... having such a great car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Great Scott! Your headliner costs more than my car :eek:

Just checked schmiedmann and not surprisingly it's
    1,023.68 incl VAT but still too rich for my blood.

Maybe if I was going purist route with it some years down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It means that it's the only human contact an Octy owner will get after being shunned for, err... having such a great car!

And what exactly is wrong with it? I'm curious, is this classic Internet thanks whore/keyboard warrior syndrome or do you have an opinion you'd like to share on the topic as quite often you come out with smart ass comments yet when I met you at a meet you were quiet as a mouse.

EPM wrote: »
    And what exactly is wrong with it? I'm curious, is this classic Internet thanks whore/keyboard warrior syndrome or do you have an opinion you'd like to share on the topic as quite often you come out with smart ass comments yet when I met you at a meet you were quiet as a mouse.

I didn't know it was your car at the meet tbh. Didn't know it was you either - I've an awful memory for names and faces. You're welcome to slag Alfas if you want, I certainly won't be offended.

It's a slagging, not meant to be taken seriously. I actually didn't realise you take the Octavia jokes to heart, it's only a car after all. The Octavia comment wasn't even directed at you - I would said VRS if I was doing that. My brother has an Octavia and I slag him about it too. His comeback is:

'Yeah, but you drive a Alfa.'

Can't top that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Octavia jokes are overrated and overdone, especially in this forum. Move on and find something new to slag off.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I didn't know it was your car at the meet tbh. Didn't know it was you either - I've an awful memory for names and faces. You're welcome to slag Alfas if you want, I certainly won't be offended.

It's a slagging, not meant to be taken seriously. I actually didn't realise you take the Octavia jokes to heart, it's only a car after all. The Octavia comment wasn't even directed at you - I would said VRS if I was doing that. My brother has an Octavia and I slag him about it too. His comeback is:

'Yeah, but you drive a Alfa.'

Can't top that :o

Not to heart at all, the car wasn't my first choice tbh. Just the octavia, MX5 and m3 stuff is overdone here so much I decided to be a prick about it!

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Yeah lets pick on Marlow instead :pac:

Be my guest. But prepare for the return flack.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Yeah lets pick on Marlow instead :pac:

I like that idea

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I like that idea

Erhh .. sorry ... is that not what you're doing anyhow already when you get the chance ?

Maybe LIGHTNING and you should get a room and have a fight out on Modellos Off-Road course :P That might be entertaining at least. Maybe.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Well, after seeing that price I don't feel so bad about 900 euro for a new valve body and pressure sensors for an auto-box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Finally booked my driving test. 9th February. Looking forward to it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Marlow wrote: »
    Erhh .. sorry ... is that not what you're doing anyhow already when you get the chance ?

Maybe LIGHTNING and you should get a room and have a fight out on Modellos Off-Road course :P That might be entertaining at least. Maybe.

/M

Let me get this right... You want to see men wrestle in the mud?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Finally booked my driving test. 9th February. Looking forward to it now.

Good luck!

Here's hoping you pass first/{current attempt}th time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Octavia jokes are overrated and overdone, especially in this forum. Move on and find something new to slag off.

/M

They are apart from the odd good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

-Corkie- wrote: »

/M

They are apart from the odd good one.

Best latest one was by kBannon on the obnoxious parking thread. I chuckled heartily to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

MugMugs wrote: »
    Best latest one was by kBannon on the obnoxious parking thread. I chuckled heartily to that.

So did I actually or better again one of the lads posted saying that there was great coverage on the Skoda sat nav unit.. The picture was an O:Dcty with a globe stuck to the dash...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Got a drive of my buddies 325ci today......:eek: i liked it.....i liked it alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Got a drive of my buddies 325ci today......:eek: i liked it.....i liked it alot!

I take it that the 325 might replace your thoughts of a 525??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I take it that the 352 might replace your thoughts of a 525??
    A 352 would be nice alright :D be some tax on > 5.2L tho :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Theres a lack of choice really on the 325ci front here though master butcher. The vrs is the more sensible choice but that noise :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I'm thinking of going diesel... :eek: Diesel 182 Bravos are as rare as rocking horse poo :(

I see a lot of (well sort of) 406s on dd and thinking of using one as an everyday car, insurance and prices permitting of course. I would like to broaden my knowledge of the XUD engines... Not keen on the HDI units, I guess it's personal preference :p Could someone explain common faults, ease to work with etc?

Cheers :)

Dartz wrote: »
    Well, after seeing that price I don't feel so bad about 900 euro for a new valve body and pressure sensors for an auto-box.

Ouch though. Is it an Audi CVT box by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

dgt wrote: »
    I'm thinking of going diesel... :eek: Diesel 182 Bravos are as rare as rocking horse poo :(

I see a lot of (well sort of) 406s on dd and thinking of using one as an everyday car, insurance and prices permitting of course. I would like to broaden my knowledge of the XUD engines... Not keen on the HDI units, I guess it's personal preference :p Could someone explain common faults, ease to work with etc?

You're buying another car, jeez that's some collection man!:D

Edit: Can I have the 166 then?:p

I don't really see the benefit in going XUD over HDi, the XUD were unreal reliable but it's far easier to get tidier HDi engined 406 that will be much fresher and may well have an extra or two thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

dgt wrote: »

French cars quite like French people. They go on strike when you least expect it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

166man wrote: »
    You're buying another car, jeez that's some collection man!:D

Edit: Can I have the 166 then?:p

That's the plan, keep em coming in, keep em going out ;) at the end of the day my van can't compete with a diesel car in terms of economy

I'm cutting down on my collection, I'm running out of space!

The Alfa stays with me though, tis part of my longtimers collection :D
    RoverJames wrote: »
    I don't really see the benefit in going XUD over HDi, the XUD were unreal reliable but it's far easier to get tidier HDi engined 406 that will be much fresher and may well have an extra or two thrown in.

It's all about cost and electrics. I see that 1.9TDs are far cheaper and less complicated than the HDi counterpart. The HDi's do seem to be a much more refined engine, but at the end of the day I have no experience with french diesels so I'd be starting off with something simple in case anything goes wrong.

My main concern would be the likes of immobilisers (I've heard a few stories where they wouldn't go off) and suspension components (it does have torsion bars behind, yes?)
    MugMugs wrote: »
    French cars quite like French people. They go on strike when you least expect it :D

That's how I get my kicks ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement