Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

MugMugs wrote: »
    French cars quite like French people. They go on strike when you least expect it :D

Mine doesn't stop.

It keeps going and going and going. Even wit the gearbox stuck and the engine throwing an ignition fault and something not quite right in the front suspension it JUST KEEPS CRAWLING ALONG REFUSING TO DIE.

It's like a Grandparent that refuses to die and keeps sucking up valuable money by not being near-dead enough to be worth pulling the plug on and replacing for a newer model.

And it's comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Dartz wrote: »
    Mine doesn't stop.

It keeps going and going and going. Even wit the gearbox stuck and the engine throwing an ignition fault and something not quite right in the front suspension it JUST KEEPS CRAWLING ALONG REFUSING TO DIE.

It's like a Grandparent that refuses to die and keeps sucking up valuable money by not being near-dead enough to be worth pulling the plug on and replacing for a newer model.

And it's comfy.

I just pictured a semi dead dog crawling along the ground to get to some food....

Perhaps Peugeot can change from the Lion to a semi dead dog ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I never checked the date for the meet and I was in Portlaoise today at half 1 wondering where everyone was until I checked the thread..:o:o

I filled my tank last night and its down to under quarter now. I covered over 900kms today..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I never checked the date for the meet and I was in Portlaoise today at half 1 wondering where everyone was until I checked the thread..:o:o

I filled my tank last night and its down to under quarter now. I covered over 900kms today..

Is that a joke? LOL if not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Peugeot...the drive of your semi-death!

• Advertisement

Is that a joke? LOL if not :D

No not a joke at all. I was quite tired and assumed it was today..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I just pictured a semi dead dog crawling along the ground to get to some food....

Jaysus, that's some sentence to see in a motors forum,what are ya on about dead dogs... truly is the OT forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Ah, though you drove 450km each way to get there, that woulda been nasty! (and probably impossible on this island).

Ah Corkie! Carbon foot print on you!

166man wrote: »

Jaysus, that's some sentence to see in a motors forum,what are ya on about dead dogs... truly is the OT forum :D

Dartz started it. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Will you make it up next week? I mean I really want to point and laugh, that's nearly as good as another user who turned up late to another meet and ended up shooting the sh1t with the guys from biker.ie for half an hour before he twigged he was at the wrong meet :D

Ah Corkie! Carbon foot print on you!

You can blame my daughter. I was above Belfast collecting stuff for her. It was nice to give the auld dpf and egr and good blast..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Will you make it up next week? I mean I really want to point and laugh, that's nearly as good as another user who turned up late to another meet and ended up shooting the sh1t with the guys from biker.ie for half an hour before he twigged he was at the wrong meet :D

Not quite as good as the BGRHer who joined the wrong group at a meet up in a pub :D They have a an identification ritual over there now if you go to a meet

Just realised :( I've a medical appointment next Sat. (forgot about it) so won't be going to Portlaoise. And my car is going for its nct on Friday so I'll probably be in a state of terminal depression :D

And I've forgotten what book I had in the motor tax office taxing my car, so I can't remember where I left my logbook and insurance :eek:

I admire your style... Need Logbook.... Now what book was I reading that day!

It'd be an easy task for me with my fancy pancy kindle now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Stheno wrote: »
    Not quite as good as the BGRHer who joined the wrong group at a meet up in a pub :D They have a an identification ritual over there now if you go to a meet

Just realised :( I've a medical appointment next Sat. (forgot about it) so won't be going to Portlaoise. And my car is going for its nct on Friday so I'll probably be in a state of terminal depression :D

And I've forgotten what book I had in the motor tax office taxing my car, so I can't remember where I left my logbook and insurance :eek:

It's the Sat after next :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I admire your style... Need Logbook.... Now what book was I reading that day!

It'd be an easy task for me with my fancy pancy kindle now :D

Pfft to you and your fancy Kindle :D

The hunt is on for the logbook, need to figure out the bhp of my car :D

Jaysus, bet -Corkie- feels better now :D

I might have dealt with some of the cosmetics by then, but my excuse is that it's my first car "project"!

Pfft to you and your fancy Kindle :D

The hunt is on for the logbook, need to figure out the bhp of my car :D

150bhp aren't they?
    Doubt it's in your log book tbh :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    150bhp aren't they?
    Doubt it's in your log book tbh :)

That sounds right, I was getting confused with the TS and V6 it appears :)

Still have to find the logbook though :)

That sounds right, I was getting confused with the TS and V6 it appears :)

Still have to find the logbook though :)

2.0ts Alfa is it?They are 155bhp iirc...

I dont know because I am fairly busy at the minute. I would love to go and meet ye all and have the craic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I dont know because I am fairly busy at the minute. I would love to go and meet ye all and have the craic...

It's basically a load of nerd meeting up in a car park and making jokes about things that happened online.

Plus food.

Great fun :P

Ha!! It's Gary ITRs fault I am confused, not me going mad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

To be fair, I thought it was next weekend too until I looked at a calendar yesterday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

To be fair, I thought it was next weekend too until I looked at a calendar yesterday....

You have me thinking it's next week

The confusion is too much.

Anyone know if Confab would fit in the back of an Alfa Gtv?

Am thinking of heading down with the OH (Who has NO appreciation of cars) and sending him off to lunch with my mother (they get on famously!) and bringing confab.

Suppose I could always stash the OH in the back? What say you confab?

The first person to tell me the variator is shot will be given the look of death :D

You have me thinking it's next week

I thought I only had two weeks till payday for some reason, and I get paid on the 25th so I presumed it was next weekend.....obviously I was wrong!!
    The confusion is too much.

Anyone know if Confab would fit in the back of an Alfa Gtv?

Am thinking of heading down with the OH (Who has NO appreciation of cars) and sending him off to lunch with my mother (they get on famously!) and bringing confab.

Suppose I could always stash the OH in the back? What say you confab?

I dunno, last time I saw Confab he was a little tubby around the middle.....but I suppose now that he has an Alfa he spends his days walking everywhere so he's probably lost weight....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It's basically a load of nerd meeting up in a car park and making jokes about things that happened online.

Plus food.

Great fun :P

And when it's over we all meet back online and joke about things that happened at the meet? :D

I dunno, last time I saw Confab he was a little tubby around the middle.....but I suppose now that he has an Alfa he spends his days walking everywhere so he's probably lost weight....:pac:

The Oh is only tiny so he'll fit in the back with some negotiation, why do you think Confab has shrunk having acquired an alfa.

Fierce reliable and cheap cars they are :D

Fierce reliable and cheap cars they are :D

FYP :pac:

• Advertisement

FYP :pac:

Don't be dissin' Alfa's... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement