Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

An ep3 has the same bhp (well, 5more) than a corsa opc. I can get insured on the latter for 1100 but no quote for the ep3. Obviously there is a loading on it but would there be any chance of a workaround on the phone maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

You're always better off giving them a call, sometimes the online quotes (just guessing that's what you've tried) will return a "no quote available" based on one criteria, ie. you're under 23/you only have 2 years NCB/car is over 2L etc... So they just blanket reject them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

An ep3 has the same bhp (well, 5more) than a corsa opc. I can get insured on the latter for 1100 but no quote for the ep3. Obviously there is a loading on it but would there be any chance of a workaround on the phone maybe?

As the Astra is a similar colour add a flux capacitor, go back in time and make your parents get giggy a few years earlier and that should fix your problem.

Btw, who are you getting these quotes from?

quinn

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

EP3's would be involved in a vastly superior number of claims when compared to an OPC Corsa so the risk to the insurance company is much higher. In their eyes they're less likely to get a claim in from someone driving a Corsa OPC than an EP3 despite both being the same(ish) power wise.

• Advertisement

i know but...im a nice 'ol guy like :pac:

i know but...im a nice 'ol guy like :pac:

The statistics say otherwise I'm afraid :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

A boardsie on the motors forum used to have a Corsa OPC. It's one of the few cars that's left me speechless, I was so surprised by how good it was (compared to my expected reaction!)

I'd buy one in the morning and I'd take one over most hot hatches that size. It's a smaller car than the civic though (which is seen as a megane rival)

that was kev longshanks charlie thank you. i was actually talking to him about it briefly. they are rare enough and even rarer in and around my budget unfortunately, hence the ep3 which i dont like half as much, but i do want to own a proper vtec once :)

that was kev longshanks charlie thank you. i was actually talking to him about it briefly. they are rare enough and even rarer in and around my budget unfortunately, hence the ep3 which i dont like half as much, but i do want to own a proper vtec once :)

Whats the budget if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

draffodx wrote: »
    Whats the budget if you don't mind me asking?

€9298...

So close! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

EP3's are for girls.... It'd deffo suit you Ardennes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Selling the second unused roadhawk RH-1 lads and lassies.

http://www.adverts.ie/1239971

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

E39MSport wrote: »

In the Adverts spirit will you P/ex a old phone,old computer and some old socks..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I've got some old socks that will come to life pretty soon and a broken yoyo. Wanna swap?

-Corkie- wrote: »
    In the Adverts spirit will you P/ex a old phone,old computer and some old socks..:D

I'm low on socks. Got matching pairs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I'm low on socks. Got matching pairs?

Some are I think. They have nice designs though...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Another adverts favourite - swap for any of my ads?

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Some are I think. They have nice designs though...

Balls. More of a plain sock man myself ;)

Another adverts favourite - swap for any of my ads?

A Jackson Flying V? I'd say E39 is more of a Gibson man

• Advertisement

Gary ITR wrote: »
    A Jackson Flying V? I'd say E39 is more of a Gibson man

Good point, afterall, he is a plain socks man! A flying V buyer would wear multicoloured, unmatching socks :(

By any chance are your socks multicoloured and unmatching Gar?

Good point, afterall, he is a plain socks man! A flying V buyer would wear multicoloured, unmatching socks :(

They aren't but I'm on an Ibanez now, I do have a Jackson Kelly in a similar colour to that V of yours though but that doesn't get much attention these days

budget it 6.5k. found out tonight that my friends husband is an out of work bmw mechanic....handy.....looks like the 325ci is heavily in the mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

They aren't but I'm on an Ibanez now, I do have a Jackson Kelly in a similar colour to that V of yours though but that doesn't get much attention these days

I've a lovely SG sitting in the auld lads. Must get around to emptying out the ****e, and bring it over. Hate moving house.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

That's cheap. You're replacing it for a HD unit ? Or was it just something you had knocking about ?

/M

I've a lovely SG sitting in the auld lads. Must get around to emptying out the ****e, and bring it over. Hate moving house.

My Ibanez is in a stand here in my room and I still don't play it enough. I'd love to play for an hour a day

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Time for a guitar-off...

What the hell has this thread turned into...

6 or 7 string? I had a lovely black Ibanez 6 string years ago.

Time for a guitar-off...

What the hell has this thread turned into...

I'm not even going to bother! Blues is where metal came from but I'm not great on guitar so I'm gonna bow out and let you battle Gary :)

Also, I've heard your stuff on youtube....it's excellent!

• Advertisement

MugMugs wrote: »
    I've got some old socks that will come to life pretty soon and a broken yoyo. Wanna swap?

I'll swap it for a brand new E31 headliner, SILBERGRAU HELL of course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement