Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Awesome
    Thank God I'll be able to log on and read interesting posts again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Never knew you played bass? You should dig it out!

Bass, piano and flute. Haven't played in years, but it should come back easy enough with a bit practice. I'd love to learn sax at some point.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I play tenor sax (more murder it) and clarinet. Used be decent enough but haven't played properly years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

-Corkie- wrote: »
    /closes account..

Don't let the door slam behind you. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

EPM wrote: »
    I play tenor sax (more murder it) and clarinet. Used be decent enough but haven't played properly years.

Isn't that one of the qualifications needed to own a Jag? I can just imagine you cruising down the motorway in an old XJ listening to Acker Bilk and smoking a pipe :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

i dabble on the flute,
    You are a FLUTE :p

.... fierce musical lot ye are, tin whistle in primary school would be the sum total of my musical exposure.

RoverJames wrote: »
    .... fierce musical lot ye are, tin whistle in primary school would be the sum total of my musical exposure.

I was made stand in the choir ...............at the back away from the microphones :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

From the rumours I've heard you more than just dabble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

RoverJames wrote: »

Recorder was where i left it, took up the guitar last year.
    johnos1984 wrote: »
    I was made stand in the choir ...............at the back away from the microphones :o

i was the same, stood as far away as possible, lol.

Confab wrote: »
    Isn't that one of the qualifications needed to own a Jag? I can just imagine you cruising down the motorway in an old XJ listening to Acker Bilk and smoking a pipe :D

The fact that you know who is means you're either an old codger or a fan:pac:

The fact that you know who is means you're either an old codger or a fan:pac:

My dad's a fan, living in the same house meant I had to listen to the feckin' stuff. I prefer Daan, Owl City and Lady Gaga. If I had a Jag I'd make a point of listening to Barbie Girl just mess with people's heads.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I did recorder, tin whistle, guitar, piano and drums in school many years ago.

I can still sing though :D

@ Confab, I grew up in the land of Dolly Parton!

Confab wrote: »
    My dad's a fan, living in the same house meant I had to listen to the feckin' stuff. I prefer Daan, Owl City and Lady Gaga. If I had a Jag I'd make a point of listening to Barbie Girl just mess with people's heads.

Have you spoken to a medical professional recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

The chap I bought my Focus from left CD's in the car, a lot of Lady Gaga on them

The chap I bought my Focus from left CD's in the car, a lot of Lady Gaga on them

The Teg or the Focus? Because I'd expect it from either:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I did find a dodgy enough CD in the Teg when I stripped the centre console to fit my Tunerview, the previous owner denied all knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Recorder was where i left it, took up the guitar last year..

YES!
    Nine years in it at this stage.
    Best instrument ever.

(Quite possible that I'm quite drunk right now, don't hold anything against me.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I did find a dodgy enough CD in the Teg when I stripped the centre console to fit my Tunerview, the previous owner denied all knowledge
    Wasn't that Brian Kennedy or something???

• Advertisement

I have. They complimented me on my excellent taste in music.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I left a few CDs in previous cars. My last car went with a few metal compilations along with Prodigy's Fat of the Land :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I'm getting seriously itchy feet with the Bora....

Looking at the prices on DD and considering I put a full new exhaust (incl cat) into it I might get 4k for it which means I won't lose (for a change). NCT 8/13

Wouldn't mind hopping on board the Octy train. Something that I wouldn't have to maintain too much. Also want to put some effort into the 8er this year.

Do the RS Octys require much effort to keep going? I do fork all miles.

Plus, does this look cheap to you?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2876802

E39MSport wrote: »

Looking at the prices on DD and considering I put a full new exhaust (incl cat) into it I might get 4k for it which means I won't lose (for a change). NCT 8/13

Wouldn't mind hopping on board the Octy train. Something that I wouldn't have to maintain too much. Also want to put some effort into the 8er this year.

Trust me, you don't want to touch that car. First owner minded that like a baby, would have been a great buy then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

That Octy looks like good value to me, get a couple of hundred quid off and it's a decent car for €6.5k. Could always remap it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I would think so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

That name is familiar. Think I remember some bad reviews.....

Just checked and looks like it. Avoidage required.

edit: oops, I meant that name = Sarsfield :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Googling the phone number listed for that car brings up Sarsfield Motors.........

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Living in the dark ages if you think I was still using cd's when I had the Teg :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

R.O.R wrote: »
    Googling the phone number listed for that car brings up Sarsfield Motors.........

The pics in the ad were taken right outside Sarsfield Motors ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement