Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

nuff said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

draffodx wrote: »
    Living in the dark ages if you think I was still using cd's when I had the Teg :D

Well there was a receipt underneath it that would have been issued during your ownership...

I sold a CD player recently but my copy of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours was in it. I think I'm on my 6th copy of Pearl Jam's Ten from leaving it in cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

But on another note, price would be around right id say 1) not a diesel and 2)more then 1.2 petrol.

"Sure jesus it'll drink the juice, you need a diesel everyone needs a diesel." (saracasm)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Well there was a receipt underneath it that would have been issued during your ownership...

I sold a CD player recently but my copy of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours was in it. I think I'm on my 6th copy of Pearl Jam's Ten from leaving it in cars

What was the receipt for?*

*Awaits smart ass answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

You should see the collection of dodgy CD's we've pulled out of cars over the years! Think they got thrown away during the office tidy up otherwise I would have brought them to the meet.

Not quite as dodgy as the stuff one of the mechanics we use found in a drivers car when it went in for service once though................

• Advertisement

draffodx wrote: »
    What was the receipt for?*

*Awaits smart ass answer!

No smart ass answer needed because I'm speaking the truth. It was just an ATM receipt
    R.O.R wrote: »

Not quite as dodgy as the stuff one of the mechanics we use found in a drivers car when it went in for service once though................

Spill.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I looked at a car once, popped the boot and there was a big Fcuk off catapult in the boot. Salesman's jaw dropped and mumbled something about someone using it for the weekend.

Something along the lines of this.

b_9puc4v235072_0.jpg

Only bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

They're used for hunting and stunning rabbits

My brother has a few

They're 'Slingshots' btw, not a catapult :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

No smart ass answer needed because I'm speaking the truth. It was just an ATM receipt

Ah yeh sure an ATM receipt could end up in there anytime. Would have been some dodgy CD's in my earlier cars alright but definitely none in the Teg.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

You should see the collection of dodgy CD's we've pulled out of cars over the years! Think they got thrown away during the office tidy up otherwise I would have brought them to the meet.

i remember that!

Rosary beads wasn't it? :L

• Advertisement

EPM wrote: »
    I looked at a car once, popped the boot and there was a big Fcuk off catapult in the boot. Salesman's jaw dropped and mumbled something about someone using it for the weekend.

Something along the lines of this.

http://image.dhgate.com/upload/spider/b/072/235/b_9puc4v235072_0.jpg

Only bigger.

I found one of those in Urban, I picked it up and the first thing that came to my head was 'where's Joe Power'

I found one of those in Urban, I picked it up and the first thing that came to my head was 'where's Joe Power'

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

i remember that!

Rosary beads wasn't it? :L

They were beads of some sort, but I don't think you'd use them while praying ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

They were beads of some sort, but I don't think you'd use them while praying ;)

Some people probably would be praying while using them though... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

dar83 wrote: »
    Some people probably would be praying while using them though... :P

Just because they're screaming 'Oh God!' repeatedly doesn't mean theyre praying

True...

Ok so next purchase may be made tomorrow, what I need to decide is, Focus RS alloys in Black, or the standard Silver. Any thoughts on either?

(sorry for lack of pictures, on my phone)

Just my opinion, nothing beats clean silver alloys on a clean car. Black alloys, no matter how clean, never have the same impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Sorry but what the hell is this thread about?!!!!

I've no idea what it's about!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Shane732 wrote: »

Everything and anything goes sort of, but plenty of slagging too. It's the OT thread...:D

You start talking dashcams and all of a sudden its a guitar pi55ing contest with some socks thrown in for ambience. :D

• Advertisement

EPM wrote: »
    Just my opinion, nothing beats clean silver alloys on a clean car. Black alloys, no matter how clean, never have the same impact.

Yeah. I was all set on black, but then I looked at the car in the dark and the standard alloys looked well in silver. It got me to thinking, so I'm somewhat leaning back towards standard silver again.

E39MSport wrote: »
    You start talking dashcams and all of a sudden its a guitar pi55ing contest with some socks thrown in for ambience. :D

Dont forget Lady Gaga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Purple monkey dishwasher

Ramses Niblick the Third Kerplunk Kerplunk, Oops Where's My Thribble

almost as weird as this thread

.. stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Chrimbo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

When I was selling cars (fadó fadó...) I'd always check out the cd changer of cars in for service,
    I'm not messing, nearly every GS300 we got in would have Christy Moore and "The best of Dire Straits" in the changer.

Weirdest one ever was an RX300 (original model) I sold, one of the first cars I ever sold actually.

Had to get something niggly fixed, so gave the super service stylee of dropping her out a courtesy car (her 99 e39 520i that I adopted straight off) and collecting her new car. She was very high up in a financial institution.
    Anyway, all 6 slots in the changer were filled with a sort of "I can change your life" type course.
    couldn't keep a straight face handing the car back.

@Colm, lol at the new sig. I'm robbing that for briskoda!

Saw someone on vadgedrivers robbed one of my Audi sigs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

colm_mcm wrote: »

I want you to make me a sig.

colm_mcm wrote: »

You making them yourself?

• Advertisement

Yeah, for years

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement