Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

We have one, but the Fathers vintage cars are tightly squezzed in. Easy enough move one out for room, but if it's rainings every inch of the car needs drying afterwards lol

We have a "garage" but it's where the washing machine/dryers are. There's also a huge cupboard filled with my detailing stuff and my tools so even if I wanted to bring in my car, I wouldn't be able to get out as there's no room!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

You'd be surprised what you can learn from tackling things yourself. Mostly learn things the hard way though and realise you never have enough tools.

I've learned a lot on the MGF sadly I'm not brave enough to take the engine out. as it has to come out the bottom.

I'd prefer do it on something simple first.

Also I expect the F will be gone in 12 hours

Midas?
    Sorry someone else maybe. Did you not buy the mini based thingy a few months back?

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I've learned a lot on the MGF sadly I'm not brave enough to take the engine out. as it has to come out the bottom.

I'd prefer do it on something simple first.

Also I expect the F will be gone in 12 hours

I know you're selling it but if you weren't and you weren't in a hurry to get it on the road, taking out the engine by yourself is a good idea as long as you have a hoist and good jack. If all comes to all and you couldn't do it, then you call a mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Sorry someone else maybe. Did you not buy the mini based thingy a few months back?

No, fraid not! Must be that time of the night :pac:

• Advertisement

No, fraid not! Must be that time of the night :pac:
    Or that stage in the bottle of wine...........next up BULMERS

That was Owen.

Why does the Fs engine have to come out? The water in cylinder/not starting issue?

RoverJames wrote: »
    That was Owen.
    I remember now! I've had a few drinks so not functioning properly

That was Owen.

Why does the Fs engine have to come out? The water in cylinder/not starting issue?
    I'm being a bit dramatic.

Not sure if it does or not I just don't want to start pissing about stripping it and ending up with something that can't be sold or which I can't fix. Just had my fill of motoring crap for now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I've a Corrado that hasn't been started in a year and a half and I'm going at it in the morning because it needs to be moved. God onlt knows what damage the last two rough winters have done to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I must replace a small shaft above my oil pump. Apparently if this breaks the oil pump is fcuked. The shaft thingy costs 4 euros but this is the reason for oil pump failure on VAG units..

... I thought that was mainly on the early 2.0 models ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Quazzie wrote: »
    I've a Corrado that hasn't been started in a year and a half and I'm going at it in the morning because it needs to be moved. God onlt knows what damage the last two rough winters have done to it.

We replaced the starter in the Audi and it still doesn't crank or only randomly. I'm not entirely sure, what the story is there. It hasn't been driven much last year either. Can't be good either way.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Marlow wrote: »
    We replaced the starter in the Audi and it still doesn't crank or only randomly. I'm not entirely sure, what the story is there. It hasn't been driven much last year either. Can't be good either way.

/M

The corrado started first turn of the key. Ya gotta love older cars.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Lady GaGa can egg on me all day long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

dgt wrote: »

lol, Levin engine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Has got to be a wind-up.

... I thought that was mainly on the early 2.0 models ?

Nope my one too and according to a thread on vagdrivers the new CR engine is the same..
    Ment to say the earlier models broke the chain..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

What VAG you in Mal?

• Advertisement

MugMugs wrote: »
    What VAG you in Mal?

LOL

What VAG you in Mal?

LOL

I've had a very long week and an exam today (hence the solo beers) and I must admit, upon re reading that I may have spate my beer out. :p

What VAG you in Mal?

Fek off.. WWW.VAGDRIVERS.NET They really should change the name in fairness..

I was being serious. Heh. Sorry. Drunken in-ur-endo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I was being serious. Heh. Sorry. Drunken in-ur-endo :D

His wife's one I reckon. Since she wears his pants and all.

Out jogging and the road was quiet, next thing booooom, a new Q7 shoots past, closely followed by a new white CLS and then a new grey E class, all top spec. Three of them are currently parked outside the door of the cinema.

Oh to be rich :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Jesus, just when the drift crowd were starting to shed the sh1t image they've had for years a gorgeous R32 Skyline gets smashed up in the car park of Mondello.

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Jesus, just when the drift crowd were starting to shed the sh1t image they've had for years a gorgeous R32 Skyline gets smashed up in the car park of Mondello.

In the car park? WTF!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

What VAG you in Mal?

I was in the cinema when you wrote that, that happens afterwards... A ride home that is ;)

Need to air out my VAG anyway, tis getting mouldy :pac:

• Advertisement

I was in the cinema when you wrote that, that happens afterwards... A ride home that is ;)

Need to air out my VAG anyway, tis getting mouldy :pac:

LOL..:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement