Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

'Could be clocked, then again maybe not' is in no way accusing anybody lads. No need for any of this to be aired in public at all, nobody here is of the belief that the car is clocked as can be seen from the replies above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Probably best for all 3 to take it to pm's in fairness given people are getting worked up over it

Are you a moderator here now?.. Confab put this into the public domain and he can stand by, or fall by his words as far as I'm concerned.
    In fairness he said it, you replied and if it goes further both parties may regret it.

It's friendly advice but by all means do it in public and give the regulars a late night laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Are you a moderator here now?.. Confab put this into the public domain and he can stand by, or fall by his words as far as I'm concerned.

He isn't a boards mod but you are, and as such you should know better than attacking the poster and not the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Who cares! t's bloody 5,000 miles, could be a discrepencey with the clocks to wheels to key to where ever the mileage is stored!

BiG DEAL!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Are you a moderator here now?.

Sorry but here as in motors?.....are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Confab wrote: »
    I did not accuse you of clocking the car. I just said it might've been clocked. The car is straight, genuine and running well, but I simply wanted the Motors regulars opinions on this issue. I do agree that it's unlikely and as I highlighted in one of my posts above, FiatECUScan can report mileage incorrectly. End of story.

It doesn't take a lot to read between the lines. In my opinion you held back on the clocking comment as you knew I follow the motors threads. As for what my father said, I do regret selling the car to you. I thought I was selling the car to someone who was going to take care of the car and put the money into it that I didnt have, but instead your playing around with the timing belt, have crashed it twice and half dried the engine of oil.

I know its not my business what you do with the car, but you made it my business when "suggested" it may have been clocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Gary ITR wrote: »
    'Could be clocked, then again maybe not' is in no way accusing anybody lads.

No its not, its someone sitting on the fence and casting doubt on the seller of the car, and there's not a snowballs chance in hell I'll let that go.

No need for any of this to be aired in public at all, nobody here is of the belief that the car is clocked as can be seen from the replies above

I know people here don't believe the car was clocked.

Who cares! t's bloody 5,000 miles, could be a discrepencey with the clocks to wheels to key to where ever the mileage is stored!

BiG DEAL!

In fairness, for Confab to cast doubt as to whether or not I have clocked the car even if it is only 5,000 miles is enough for me to make a comment.

Think you would do the same yourself, if put in the same situation.

Oh so now my question about saabs,volvos and jags gets pissed away into the midnight air is it!? Thats fine.....well feck ye anyway im off to bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Oh so now my question about saabs,volvos and jags gets pissed away into the midnight air is it!? Thats fine.....well feck ye anyway im off to bed!

Doing the same myself. Spotted a dirty rotten dent in my wheel walking in there, not impressed. Poxy irish roads.

• Advertisement

No its not, its someone sitting on the fence and casting doubt on the seller of the car, and there's not a snowballs chance in hell I'll let that go.

Ok well put it this way, there's a discrepency in the ECU mileage, is the owner of the car not allowed to question that? The chap has every right to question it or ask opinion here on it. You or Kevvv are not above reproach

I have absolutely no doubt what so ever that my word would be doubted, hence I'm here.

It had already been passed by and the concensus was that it's an ECU issue rather than clocking, you guys dragged it up and to be perfectly honest are coming out of this worse than Confab, you making underlying personal digs at him which aren't on. I'm surprised at you tbh Mak, although I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one because you're clearly just trying to defend your son as any father would

Don't worry I'm sure it'll be like this never happened first thing in the morning

Don't worry I'm sure it'll be like this never happened first thing in the morning

Sure EPM deletes half the forum every morning

Sure EPM deletes half the forum every morning
    Aye but this will be done on purpose lol

I'm surprised at you tbh Mak, although I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one because you're clearly just trying to defend your son as any father would

Thats very good of you know Gary isn't it!.

Actually why dont ye just ring each other like normal people to sort it out rather than bitching online like a bunch of teenagers? :confused:

Don't need a sarcasm detector for that one do I? Fair enough, go on, continue attacking Confab then, make a fool of yourself, no skin off my nose

Actually why dont ye just ring each other like normal people to sort it out rather than bitching online like a bunch of teenagers? :confused:
    Are you a mod? No, now shut the **** up and make me a bacon sandwich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'd appreciate both of you moderating your tone on this subject, I accused neither of you of anything, directly or indirectly. Nobody else here knew who the seller of the car was and I didn't mention it to anyone else here - your son pointed out that he was the previous owner.

There's no reading between the lines here, I got the opinion from the Motors forum that it probably wasn't clocked and that's fine with me.

I have nothing more to say about the matter, I asked a question and got an answer.

Don't need a sarcasm detector for that one do I? Fair enough, go on, continue attacking Confab then, make a fool of yourself, no skin off my nose
    I wish I had my laptop now. I'd post a picture of a dog in a funny hat looking at a clock all confused to calm everyone down

• Advertisement

Good lad Gary ;)

Know>now. You could have nazi spellchecked his ass but you rose against it.....good man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Good lad Gary ;)

Big man Mairt here to save the day. Lucky we have you about to protect us all. :rolleyes:

I'd go with the Volvo. I'm really starting to like them lately and a good spec one is a really nice find.

Can we organise a fight to the death in the boot of EPMs Octavia to settle this?

Can we organise a fight to the death in the boot of EPMs Octavia to settle this?

I'm not getting into the boot of that car again, I was on the bottom last time

I wish I had my laptop now. I'd post a picture of a dog in a funny hat looking at a clock all confused to calm everyone down
    Best i can do....
    KA4602karlsson.jpg
    Confused_dog.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Unfortunately im back in cork now and back to suckyness again :(

3 observations from dublin:
    They actually know how to drive there
    They feckin love their 520d's
    Theres a sickening amount of taxis

Don't forget the cyclists, Grafton st acts, the virtually abandoned shopping centre, the tiny donut place just off abbey street, Leo Burdocks and Café en Seine :D

Next time your up, get a rambler card and go bananas on the busses. Student discount FTW!!! :D

Yes, I spend a lot of time in the big shmoke myself as I go to college in Kevin st ;)

I'd appreciate both of you moderating your tone on this subject, I accused neither of you of anything, directly or indirectly. Nobody else here knew who the seller of the car was and I didn't mention it to anyone else here - your son pointed out that he was the previous owner.

There's no reading between the lines here, I got the opinion from the Motors forum that it probably wasn't clocked and that's fine with me.

I have nothing more to say about the matter, I asked a question and got an answer.

Cool, next time you should really choose your words more carefully.

Btw he was the previous owner. It was he who put the leather into it, the alloys, new tires and all the other bits and bobs.

Anyway, best not to go talking about crap online and not expect it to go bite you in the arse.. Your post was wrong, I'm sure you won't do it again.

And with that I'm off to bed.

I'm not getting into the boot of that car again, I was on the bottom last time
    Errr I was talking about a fight to the death not whatever you were up to in there

• Advertisement

Glad you got the answer you were looking for, could have just gave me a text or a PM rather than air it out in the public though. If you enjoy the car half as much as I did you'll love it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement