Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Can we organise a fight to the death in the boot of EPMs Octavia to settle this?

Too boring, the Octavia's boot is too big and I seriously doubt Mak is that stupid. Once he takes a deep breath and thinks about the situation from the perspective of someone who's just connected his newly purchased car up to a laptop and found a significant difference between indicated and actual mileage, he'll agree that it's reasonable to ask about it on a public forum that has no idea who the previous owner was.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Kevvv wrote: »
    Glad you got the answer you were looking for, could have just gave me a text or a PM rather than air it out in the public though. If you enjoy the car half as much as I did you'll love it!

He never claimed it was the previous owner. It couldve been clocked before you came into ownership of it. Although as previously stated highly unlikely that someone would bother to take 5k off the clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I'd just got the popcorn out... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I'm sure you won't do it again.
    You sound like an incredible tool after reading that post and good man on setting a good example for your son by taking on the bad man on the Internet.

Seriously the tone of your posts suggests that you really shouldnt be a mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Cool, next time you should really choose your words more carefully.

Btw he was the previous owner. It was he who put the leather into it, the alloys, new tires and all the other bits and bobs.

Anyway, best not to go talking about crap online and not expect it to go bite you in the arse.. Your post was wrong, I'm sure you won't do it again.

And with that I'm off to bed.

I don't see anything wrong with anything Confab has said. He hasn't accused you or your son of anything, merely that there was a mileage discrepancy. I'm surprised by the vitriolic and sarcastic attitude of your posts, particularly as a Mod towards other Mods, as you are normally a poster of high standard.

'Your post was wrong, I'm sure you won't do it again.' I'm sorry, but I would have assumed that the owner of a car could voice an opinion on his own car, regardless of who owned it before him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Seriously the tone of your posts suggests that you really should be a mod.
    ......unlike our mods who are simply dreamy :D

Quazzie wrote: »
    He never claimed it was the previous owner. It couldve been clocked before you came into ownership of it. Although as previously stated highly unlikely that someone would bother to take 5k off the clock.

True, they had it since 2005 and it's a 2001 car. Anyway, mine is not to reason why and all that. Timing belt next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Seriously the tone of your posts suggests that you really should be a mod.
    ......unlike our mods who are simply dreamy :D
    They'll spank you with a tyre iron if you step out of line

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Alright everyone, this discussion ends now. Any more posting about it and people get banned. 1 month off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Oiche mhaith buachailli!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

ss_lollipops.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Alright everyone, this discussion ends now. Any more posting about it and people get banned. 1 month off.

Might as well go to bed then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Oiche mhaith buachailli!

And an ozo mahoc to you too... :pac:

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Might as well go to bed then

Me too, YLYL2 isn't at its most sparkling tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

What a stupid thread......meandering waffle says me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Bearcat wrote: »

Why bother posting then if it offends you so much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It's an offtopic thread for exactly what you describe. The problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

this thread is like most nightclubs, usually you go into it and it's full of the same stuff and y'know..it's OK but not great.

Every once in a while though.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

Why bother posting then if it offends you so much?

It doesnt offend me at all, too long in the tooth for that, I just don't get it being on the motors forum.....i suppose if we were all the same the world would be a grey place. Back to my burrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

It doesnt offend me at all, too long in the tooth for that, I just don't get it being on the motors forum.....i suppose if we were all the same the world would be a grey place. Back to my burrow!

Ah sure, it's just somewhere for the drunken ramblings of all the loonies in here, doesn't take away from the forum at all :)

• Advertisement

Ah sure, it's just somewhere for the drunken ramblings of all the loonies in here, doesn't take away from the forum at all :)

Drunken posting catchall:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

It's better to have it all in one place rather than infecting other topics at random. Most forums benefit from topics like this.

And this mornings catch up read was the best in a good while, nothing like a bit of excitement to start the day off. And with a lack of that, an interesting forum topic also helps... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

dar83 wrote: »
    It's better to have it all in one place rather than infecting other topics at random. Most forums benefit from topics like this.

Most forums benefit from threads like that, because it keeps them active, while other topics might not be active at all.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Jaysus why did I go to bed early! :D

Anyways I've just remembered its coming up to 7 years since I last bought a car for myself! Bought one in June '00, ? '01, Oct '04 and Feb '05 but nothing since.

Doubt I'll be buying one for another 3 or 4 years at least so looks like it'll be 10 or 11 years between cars......whats the longest others have gone?

Jaysus why did I go to bed early! :D

Anyways I've just remembered its coming up to 7 years since I last bought a car for myself! Bought one in June '00, ? '01, Oct '04 and Feb '05 but nothing since.

Doubt I'll be buying one for another 3 or 4 years at least so looks like it'll be 10 or 11 years between cars......whats the longest others have gone?

Just under four years, but it would've been less only I didn't really use it for over a year. I can see the current one being kept until it dies so another few weeks at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Marlow wrote: »
    Most forums benefit from threads like that, because it keeps them active, while other topics might not be active at all.

/M

True, but when you have a core regular user base, it's good to have somewhere where they can post random crap on a whim, instead of thread hijacking other threads unintentionally.

I think the traffic on the forum itself is healthy and the topic turnover is quite high, so there's no real detrimental impact on it on the whole. :)

....................whats the longest others have gone?

I had a 1995 Rover 214SEi from March 2001 to Feb 2006, I stopped driving it in Oct05 though as I got a company car, kept the Rover for a while as I liked it and didn't want to get rid of it.

Can't really see myself keeping a car that long again, never know though.

Thread title changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

EPM wrote: »
    Thread title changed.

LOL :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

EPM wrote: »
    Thread title changed.
    lol, great idea man!!!

This discussion has been closed.