Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

MugMugs wrote: »
    So did I. My guy was telling me he's getting Bridge cheaper than firestone.... Generally he doesn't act the maggot but I was pretty speechless when he came out with that one. Checked his stock and low and behold, No firestones. :confused:

I wonder if some of the bigger name brands have pulled out of the market due to the influx of chinese shyte?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Anyone hear or have any experience of these? http://www.seecode.de/en/produkte/vossor/

Seem to be getting good reviews from the small few i can find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

MugMugs wrote: »
    So did I. My guy was telling me he's getting Bridge cheaper than firestone.... Generally he doesn't act the maggot but I was pretty speechless when he came out with that one. Checked his stock and low and behold, No firestones. :confused:

He's not buying them from Bridgestone Ireland so...

Bridgestone Ireland are the official importers of both Bridgestone and Firestone and Firestone are cheaper to buy from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

The price of rubber has gone up by 40% since the start of the year and so all manufacturers are putting their prices up too obviously.
    They say the Chinese are demanding more so expect to see more and more Chinese brands in the future.

If you search google for rubber price or tire price you find a bucket load of articles saying as such. But then if you read bloomberg then Goldman sachs are saying that they expect a drop this year...Bloomberg
    Typical... price goes up for manufacturer => price goes up for consumer
    price goes down for manufacturer => price won't drop for consumer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Was supposed to see an EVO tomorrow but the crank sensor is now gone and it won't be fixed for a week or so :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I got my springs today :D

photo1kzz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

New wiper blades last week, now they are noisy already. Never happened any other set I got. Even the old ones were quieter. First time driving in rain with them, allow them bed in or just return them?

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Was supposed to see an EVO tomorrow but the crank sensor is now gone and it won't be fixed for a week or so :mad:

The vtec God's are obviously disturbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

That's odd. A DJ I know who has an EVO has just posted on Facebook that it's gone away on a tow truck. Whereabouts is the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

EPM wrote: »
    New wiper blades last week, now they are noisy already. Never happened any other set I got. Even the old ones were quieter. First time driving in rain with them, allow them bed in or just return them?

Id personally return them, Had that issue before myself. Thought they'd bed in. They didn't in the end just P!ssed me off for 6 months instead.
    Replaced them with a pair of the retro fit ones off wiperblades.co.uk. (half the price of local guys) and their the best ones ive had to date tbh.

• Advertisement

Did you get them off skoda?
    I replaced the blades once on the vRS and they streaked so I returned them.
    I just replaced the rubber blade itself...I'll dig up the part number for them. Far cheaper than the whole wiper and works perfect.

lafors wrote: »
    Did you get them off skoda?
    I replaced the blades once on the vRS and they streaked so I returned them.
    I just replaced the rubber blade itself...I'll dig up the part number for them. Far cheaper than the whole wiper and works perfect.

Yeah, bought them at the dealer. Only problem is dealers about an hours drive from me. Might just give them a call and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Yeah, bought them at the dealer. Only problem is dealers about an hours drive from me. Might just give them a call and see what they say.

Thanks for just reminding me to book 2 cars for collection from said dealer :P

R.O.R wrote: »
    Thanks for just reminding me to book 2 cars for collection from said dealer :P

I'll pick them up for ya...and promise not to swap the wipers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I'll pick them up for ya...and promise not to swap the wipers too.

I know you are talented, but never realised you could drive 3 Octavia's at once!!!!!!!!

Probably different blades on lesser models than the mighty VRs, so er - feck off.

Whats a good site for buying car washing stuff besides detailer.ie, either here or in uk. Halfords stock has gone to sh!t lately

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I used www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

Very nice guys and decent service/prices. Delivery was quite quick also and is only £10 if I recall correctly.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Whats a good site for buying car washing stuff besides detailer.ie, either here or in uk. Halfords stock has gone to sh!t lately

Detailing Shed
    or
    Clean Car

Both very reasonable

Right found that part number EPM.
    For anyone with a VAG car these should work....

1K0 955 429 - Aero wiper blades
    Cost €4.20 when I got them from the dealer.

There are 650mm and 700mm versions, if you're car has smaller blades then cut to the correct length. They come with the end caps but if you're careful removing the old ones you won't need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Got one or two things to sort over the wknd, but all going well I'll be making an offer on a track car early next wk. Thought it was going to be months before I'd have one!

Getting excited now!!! :D

• Advertisement

Impreza STI Wagon... Going looking at one of these today if I can get the seller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Right found that part number EPM.
    For anyone with a VAG car these should work....

1K0 955 429 - Aero wiper blades
    Cost €4.20 when I got them from the dealer.

There are 650mm and 700mm versions, if you're car has smaller blades then cut to the correct length. They come with the end caps but if you're careful removing the old ones you won't need them.

I got these today but they are a right cnut to put on especially in the rain.. Did ye put the wire back in or leave it out???

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I got these today but they are a right cnut to put on especially in the rain.. Did ye put the wire back in or leave it out???

I took the wipers off the car completely...I think thats a RTFM to figure that out :) ...then washed them up in the sink and it made them easier to go on.
    It wasn't easy alright, bit of fairy liquid is yer only man ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I took the wipers off the car completely...I think thats a RTFM to figure that out :) ...then washed them up in the sink and it made them easier to go on.
    It wasn't easy alright, bit of fairy liquid is yer only man ;)

LOL... All I could think of was that episode of Father Ted where Mrs. Doyle washed Bishop Brennans wipers in the Sink....:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Impreza STI Wagon... Going looking at one of these today if I can get the seller

And ? :)

E39MSport wrote: »
    And ? :)

Couldn't get the seller. The EVO I had arranged to see snapped the Timing Belt so I ended up doing a deal on an EG SIR Civic. Going back to wanting to race, it has a few bits that I want to buy for the race car so I'll steal them and replace them with parts I have here

Plus it's very very clean so I'm happy, all I'm looking for is something for a bit of weekend fun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Should have bought the Evo. :( :P

One day I will own an Evo VIII MR, oh yes. One day...

dar83 wrote: »

Yer man offered it at small money but I had to walk away. The Civic already has Buddyclub coilovers which are the guts of a grand and it has upgraded pads, braided lines. I have an aftermarket ECU worth €1200 sitting on my kitchen table and a €500 airbox along with an exhaust header worth a few bob so if I want to fiddle and push it a bit I have all the parts here so it'll cost me nothing which leaves me with cash for racing.

Myself and Drummerboy have chosen our cage and have organised a deal on the fitting of it and the painting of the inside of our Race EG (Nicola)

As soon as the cage is in the sh1t will get real ;)

Trying not to sound like a small schoolboy here but wow....that is so cool! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

dar83 wrote: »

He couldn't say no to the Honda gods.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement