Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

He couldn't say no to the Honda gods.

False gods :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Ah, purchase makes a lot more sense now good choice. To think, using decent logic and forward thinking in a car purchase... Did it hurt? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Trying not to sound like a small schoolboy here but wow....that is so cool! :D

It's hard work getting the race car ready but I'm hoping it'll be worth it, big grid this year anyway
    He couldn't say no to the Honda gods.

You didn't believe me about the Honda God's but I'll let you tell the story of your NCT

dar83 wrote: »
    Ah, purchase makes a lot more sense now good choice. To think, using decent logic and forward thinking in a car purchase... Did it hurt? :D

LOL there's always another line with cars when I buy them ;)

It could do with an LSD though, torque steer was a bit silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Gary ITR wrote: »
    You didn't believe me about the Honda God's but I'll let you tell the story of your NCT

I'm going to enjoy this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

False gods :p

128835948711900082.jpg
    Ah, it wasn't that big of a deal, it was funny alrite

LOL there's always another line with cars when I buy them ;)

It could do with an LSD though, torque steer was a bit silly

I know that feeling. Contemplating one for the ST, although its a large chunk of change and not exactly seriously required. I could always behave on roundabouts and what not.

I know that feeling. Contemplating one for the ST, although its a large chunk of change and not exactly seriously required. I could always behave on roundabouts and what not.

I had a spin recently in mik_da_man's ST and was expecting it to he all over the road, but his is about 300bhp afaik and there was no drama really. Was very impressed though, the burble from the engine is nice:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

7,000 posts... :)

Yeah the one I'd like for my race car is about 3.5k but that would leave me with the one that came standard in the TypeR's so that's what would go into the road car. The cast off's from the race car are actually top quality items lol!

• Advertisement

EPM wrote: »
    I had a spin recently in mik_da_man's ST and was expecting it to he all over the road, but his is about 300bhp afaik and there was no drama really. Was very impressed though, the burble from the engine is nice:D

Yeah the engine note is tasty. The pops you can get out of the exhaust with some revving at idle are also seriously satisfying, have to stop myself being tempted to do it sometimes when I'm bored waiting at lights :P

Mik's one is nice alright, I may consider some engine upgrades at some point, just depends on insurance and cost really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Yeah the engine note is tasty. The pops you can get out of the exhaust with some revving at idle are also seriously satisfying, have to stop myself being tempted to do it sometimes when I'm bored waiting at lights :P

I have the same problem with the Supra, it's like the exhaust talks back to you....:pac:

Went out and spoke to the guy who'll be fitting the cage to the EG earlier, and viewed some of his work. Very tidy, and it's one more job off the list.

Haha. It is like that. Strange thing with the ST is that it changes depending on the petrol you use. Tesco wasn't too bad, but Maxol may be winning.

I might have to do some comparison videos just to see. :D

I'm also tempted to possibly get a better turbo downpipe and/or Sports Cat. Meant to help with the sound nicely, but still keep it non skang sounding.

Haha. It is like that. Strange thing with the ST is that it changes depending on the petrol you use. Tesco wasn't too bad, but Maxol may be winning.

I've found that Maxol and Topaz seem to supply the best fuel around.....the Supra is fussy about fuel quality for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I'm also tempted to possibly get a better turbo downpipe and/or Sports Cat. Meant to help with the sound nicely, but still keep it non skang sounding.

A cat-back or high-flow race-cat will help both on performance and sound, but wouldn't help on fuel economy.

With the catback and the stainless steel backbox the sound of my 525d Touring changed completely. For the good that is.

/M

Maxol Beer is about the best (Dyno proven by me) but you should try adding Millers CVL to your fuel, you won't be sorry. Go half a bottle of Millers for a full tank. Millers do reccommend a full bottle for 20 litres but that's for racing and tuning.

Marlow wrote: »
    A cat-back or high-flow race-cat will help both on performance and sound, but wouldn't help on fuel economy.

With the catback and the stainless steel backbox the sound of my 525d Touring changed completely. For the good that is.

/M

Yeah I considered the Cat-back also, but I could do the downpipe and the sports Cat (or even be bold/cheap and decat) for about the same price. There are plenty of cat-back options though, so it may still be considered.

Maxol Beer is about the best (Dyno proven by me) but you should try adding Millers CVL to your fuel, you won't be sorry. Go half a bottle of Millers for a full tank. Millers do reccommend a full bottle for 20 litres but that's for racing and tuning.

Might give this a shot and see if it makes a difference so. I take it it's easily enough available?

Sorry for the double posts, on the mobile.

Yeah I considered the Cat-back also, but I could do the downpipe and the sports Cat (or even be bold/cheap and decat) for about the same price. There are plenty of cat-back options though, so it may still be considered.

It really depends on what sort of exhaust system you have. In the 525d there were 4 effin cats. I'm down to two sport cats now with the cat-back.

In the Caravelle, there is only one. And that is gonna go.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yeah the engine note is tasty. The pops you can get out of the exhaust with some revving at idle are also seriously satisfying

5 pots are so much better than 4 :D

Somebody should go and tell Mr Honda this...

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »

Agreed. Honestly. The sound of an old, mechanically injected, 2.2 turbo 5-pot Audi ...... EPIC !!

/M

unkel wrote: »
    Yeah the engine note is tasty. The pops you can get out of the exhaust with some revving at idle are also seriously satisfying

You an tell me how **** my engine sounds as I pass you in the turns during a race :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

In the last 2days ive learned how to:

Fit springs
    Coilovers/remove struts and shocks
    Drop links
    Change brake pads/discs
    Spark plugs

Its much easier than youd expect! Until you run into a problem that is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Holy f**k. I hope you've driven it in between or you could end up with a Flinstone mobile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

That Chevy video in the youtube thread is something else, loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

haha

"By using adverts. Or by buying bummerboys supra. " .. not so closed now!

Laughing out loud at quarter to two in the morning ....

E39MSport wrote: »
    haha

You're weird

E39MSport wrote: »
    haha

He won't be so funny when his tractor is sitting on brake discs

He won't be so funny when his tractor is sitting on brake discs

Loved the reported posts

• Advertisement

EPM wrote: »
    Loved the reported posts

Talk about being locked.

I can't even remember what post I reported, or what I said in said report for that matter.

Still, any takers for the Supra before she goes swimming

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement