Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

hmmmm....i wonder who here would be interested in this. not my kinda thing tbh http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/carextras/2962562

Full?id=9772340
    johnos1984 wrote: »
    I've just soiled myself

..... I thought that..... nevermind

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I walk away like most other people and get myself a Honda S2000 or a Porsche Boxster or something! Because then everytime I look at an Elise I'll always tell myself I wish I had one of those!!

I never walked away from an Elise and got my s2000, tbh, that's the first time I've ever heard anyone say that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I never walked away from an Elise and got my s2000, tbh, that's the first time I've ever heard anyone say that.

All things considered I'd prefer getting into the Honda every day.

I never found access into and out of the Elise great............neither will any bird you manage to get into it either. Honda for me and I do have a soft spot for the Elise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I can't wait until your create a thread about the list of issues :D

Hows that Puma going?

The Puma feels a bit down on power lately. The engine occasionally coughs between 1000-2000 revs. Bit it keeps soldiering on...

Its a bit of a pain overtaking anything in it though. When you pull into the faster lane, put your foot down, it lacks that instant reassuring acceleration to pull away from the slower car... Hence why I'ld love something with a few more horses under the bonnet!

Well, they're both brilliant cars and cars I desire to own a lot. The S2000 has that amazing vtec engine which revs and revs until its valves are about to pop out while at the same time its very practical car too with a big boot and nice interior. The Elise is a lot more spartan. No carpets, not much of an interior, manual roof which doesn't look like it'll do any decent job insulating you during winter, tiny boot etc. Its gonna be a much more difficult car to live with every day compared to the S2000.

The Puma feels a bit down on power lately. The engine occasionally coughs between 1000-2000 revs. Bit it keeps soldiering on...
    SCRAP IT :pac:

• Advertisement

SCRAP IT :pac:

Not till its arthritic valves keep pumping the fuel through its cylinders!!

Its only got 82000 miles on the clock so the engine really is not that old...

Well, they're both brilliant cars and cars I desire to own a lot. The S2000 has that amazing vtec engine which revs and revs until its valves are about to pop out while at the same time its very practical car too with a big boot and nice interior. The Elise is a lot more spartan. No carpets, not much of an interior, manual roof which doesn't look like it'll do any decent job insulating you during winter, tiny boot etc. Its gonna be a much more difficult car to live with every day compared to the S2000.

That still doesn't back up your original post though,I've met countless s2000 owners and not one has ever mentioned an Elise.I've never even considered an Elise tbh.

You've been reading too many Elise forums if you ask me, cause obviously the s2000 has an octavian boot,the interior is plenty full of gadgets and the roof is the best softtop ever made by any company in the world.

You should do some more research.

That still doesn't back up your original post though,I've met countless s2000 owners and not one has ever mentioned an Elise.I've never even considered an Elise tbh.

You've been reading too many Elise forums if you ask me, cause obviously the s2000 has an octavian boot,the interior is plenty full of gadgets and the roof is the best softtop ever made by any company in the world.

You should do some more research.

You got me wrong. I don't mean one buys a s2000 cuz obe finds an elise too impractical. Its just you've gotta be very committed towards buying an elise because its such an impractical car with so few luxuries. A Homda S2000 would be a much better choice as its a fun car that you can live with everyday.

But the elise is a childhood hero of mine and i've always wanted one and very soon i'll be able to afford a used one hence why i've been wanting it even more now! But i just dont wanna be dissapointed when i get to drive it because it not being very comfortable to drive and its impracticality. But if i dont buy an elise i'll always regret not buying on. Though if i do buy it, at many times i would wish i'ld had bought something more comfortable with more luxuries...

You got me wrong. I don't mean one buys a s2000 cuz obe finds an elise too impractical. Its just you've gotta be very committed towards buying an elise because its such an impractical car with so few luxuries. A Homda S2000 would be a much better choice as its a fun car that you can live with everyday.

B

I think you have no idea what you're talking about, since when would someone pick a s2000 over an elise for practicality reasons?

Is an S2000 practical?

NO

Does an s2000 have any luxuries?

It has a radio and aircon.

You said this:
    I'll walk away like most other people and get myself a Honda S2000 or a Porsche Boxster or something! Because then everytime I look at an Elise I'll always tell myself I wish I had one of those!!

As I've said already I've met countless s2000 owners and no one ever mentioned an Elise.
    Your posts are misguided and if i was you I'd be quite embarassed.

Compared to an elise an S2000 is a much more practical car. Also more reliable...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

the roof is the best softtop ever made by any company in the world.

Nope :) Don't agree. The softtop of the Volvo C70 up to '05. Double insulated, electric/automatic softtop and you bleedin forget, it's a convertible you sit in. I've seen the S2k softtops, including your own, and the Volvo one beats it hands down.

It's not the same type of car as a S2k though.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    Nope :) Don't agree. The softtop of the Volvo C70 up to '05. Double insulated, electric/automatic softtop and you bleedin forget, it's a convertible you sit in. I've seen the S2k softtops, including your own, and the Volvo one beats it hands down.

It's not the same type of car as a S2k though.

/M

Think you missed my sarcasm there Marlow... :)

Gotta love Scotland

63356612.jpg

Most likely. I'm good at that :)

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 28,956 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

German's don't pick up on sarcasm :p

Quazzie wrote: »
    German's don't pick up on sarcasm :p

Oh. You mean, I still have a chance on getting there yet, since I'm not german ? :D

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i am :D

That might be, but in my case, Quazzie was just 30 km's off :)

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

no...just wish i was :pac: kinda like MM

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Its amazing how MM has such a convincing tipp accent considering he only moved from Germany a few years ago

conzymaher wrote: »
    Its amazing how MM has such a convincing tipp accent considering he only moved from Germany a few years ago

Some accents manifest themselves very quickly with some people.

And with others, like me, it's just a mash of loads of stuff. Been placed/guestimated by people in a lot of places, but only once in the right place.

/M

Yes that's right folks, Friday Night Is Music Night:

To kick start the weekend here's a tune for you all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4aob4zlhIk

Yes that's right folks, Friday Night Is Music Night:

To kick start the weekend here's a tune for you all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4aob4zlhIk

Its 5pm. Some people are still at work.

Bloody public sector workers:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

EPM wrote: »
    Its 5pm. Some people are still at work.
    I feel for them, I've just woken up from my evening nap :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Where did Pudzey go??? I havent seen him in ages..

EPM wrote: »
    Wow:confused:

Doh !!

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Marlow wrote: »
    Some accents manifest themselves very quickly with some people.

And with others, like me, it's just a mash of loads of stuff. Been placed/guestimated by people in a lot of places, but only once in the right place.

/M

Based only on your accent, I'd say somewhere around the Aabenraa County area?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement