Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

dar83 wrote: »
    Not even lube would stop me crying earlier today...

ouchfm.th.jpg

:(

Ouch!! Thankfully it's not going to be a big job to repair i.e. you won't have to get a whole panel resprayed to blend it in. ;)

How did it happen? Kerb?

I had something similar myself today, went over a speed bump at less than 1km/hr, being very careful and then...metal SCRAPE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I'd actually use touch up paint on that if you want a temporary solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Ouch!! Thankfully it's not going to be a big job to repair i.e. you won't have to get a whole panel resprayed to blend it in. ;)

How did it happen? Kerb?

I had something similar myself today, went over a speed bump at less than 1km/hr, being very careful and then...metal SCRAPE!!

Well, I pulled in to a car park last Friday night, in a slight rush to get to it before midnight for certain ATM withdrawal reasons and the bank only went and put ridiculous little kerbs up about a foot in front of the wall in the car park... (AIB Raheny, some of you may know it). I don't know why I didn't just pull up right in front of the ATM either, as it was 11:45 and the place was dead, but no... must park properly :rolleyes: so just as I'm stopping I hear the sound and I know I'm fcuked. Reversed slowly off it, but could hear the damage happening, thought it was just the very underside of it because I looked at it (in the dark admittedly) and couldn't see anything.
    Only noticed it today when it was pointed out to me, not best pleased at all. :(

Well, I pulled in to a car park last Friday night, in a slight rush to get to it before midnight for certain ATM withdrawal reasons and the bank only went and put ridiculous little kerbs up about a foot in front of the wall in the car park... (AIB Raheny, some of you may know it). I don't know why I didn't just pull up right in front of the ATM either, as it was 11:45 and the place was dead, but no... must park properly :rolleyes: so just as I'm stopping I hear the sound and I know I'm fcuked. Reversed slowly off it, but could hear the damage happening, thought it was just the very underside of it because I looked at it (in the dark admittedly) and couldn't see anything.
    Only noticed it today when it was pointed out to me, not best pleased at all. :(

Unlucky man! Look at it this way, you got off lightly ;)

True. I'll need to try and get it fixed before the meet anyway, otherwise I might not be able to show my face out of the shame... It's not that big at all, but I feel dirty driving it with that on it. :P

Might see if I can get the bit of lacquer peel on the rear bumper taken care of at the same time though and that has been annoying me since I got the car, so might not be all negative. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

True. I'll need to try and get it fixed before the meet anyway, otherwise I might not be able to show my face out of the shame... It's not that big at all, but I feel dirty driving it with that on it. :P

Might see if I can get the bit of lacquer peel on the rear bumper taken care of at the same time though and that has been annoying me since I got the car, so might not be all negative. :)
    I wouldnt worry about the meet.. I pulled the front bumper of my last car trying to open a gate. I was being lazy and it cost me big time...

Cork meet with Owen (paintdoctor) present? He did a job on my father's bumper that was excellent for a very good price.

By any chance can you kind of "feel" that damage when driving the car? On my last car, there was weird chips on the back bumper and I always "felt" it when driving the car!

No shame in that, sure didn't johno's car leave on a tow truck and he's still the man he always was :D
    EPM wrote: »
    Cork meet with Owen (paintdoctor) present? He did a job on my father's bumper that was excellent for a very good price.

Dar is in Dublin ;) Also, from what he told me, Owen is no longer in that business.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I don't want to start new thread on this, but I found one annoying thing recently.

I went to Mazda.ie and were checking out Mazda 3. It's not that I am going to buy it, but I wanted to see how much it will be for a bit better then paddy spec.

So for my total surprise white color was not free anymore. In fact you had to have some sort of metallic paint for 600eu!!
    If I remember correctly white color was always free and did not had to be payed extra for. Was quite annoyed to see them doing this sneaky thing. Do other brands started to do it too, as white color cars became quite popular?

Would be a bit of a trek to head to Cork for a fix, trying to keep my costs down. :p

I have the name of a guy my Bro in Law has recommended, also have another one to check out closer to work which would be handy. I'll see what the story is tomorrow and what pocket damage I'm looking at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

I don't want to start new thread on this, but I found one annoying thing recently.

I went to Mazda.ie and were checking out Mazda 3. It's not that I am going to buy it, but I wanted to see how much it will be for a bit better then paddy spec.

So for my total surprise white color was not free anymore. In fact you had to have some sort of metallic paint for 600eu!!
    If I remember correctly white color was always free and did not had to be payed extra for. Was quite annoyed to see them doing this sneaky thing. Do other brands started to do it too, as white color cars became quite popular?
    Ya, they nail ya for metallic, nail ya for "pearl effect", nail ya for any other crap they can think of, and if you opt for the basic black colour, they nail ya with a half-assed paint job that'll be all chipped and half faded in 2 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    Ya, they nail ya for metallic, nail ya for "pearl effect", nail ya for any other crap they can think of, and if you opt for the basic black colour, they nail ya with a half-assed paint job that'll be all chipped and half faded in 2 years!
    Thing is white was always free. ( well technically ) they started to charge for it too.

I love white and some cars look savage in white. It's popularity grew so they they charging too!

Yeah, but now you'll find it's Pearl White, or some such non "standard" white as it used to be... :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Definitely interested in All the way round, sounds like great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

dar, same thing happened me in my ST although not quite as bad, used the Ford touch up kit to fix it and its a good job, only a tenner too.

we shall talk about bonnet bras maybe....

And bleed nipples, ball bearings, rubber things that cover things etc.

draffodx wrote: »
    dar, same thing happened me in my ST although not quite as bad, used the Ford touch up kit to fix it and its a good job, only a tenner too.

Yeah, unfortunately there's a crack in my bumper too, that seems to shift a little as I drive, so I'm going to have to get a proper job done on it, or else it may get worse. Want to catch it sooner rather than later, plus I just hate the car not looking shiny. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Did I just spot Vectras VRS for sale on donedeal? Can't link as I'm the mobile

johnos1984 wrote: »

I hope not! Because I don't think he'd use blue tape to badly cover up the reg plate and I hope he wouldn't only upload 1 photo and have 25 miles on his car :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

Dilema : and i'm already up until this hour, in this deep

im dying sick, should i try go to sleep now and sleep some of it off and struggle on into college tomorrow or just stay up all nite to hell with it and have a sickie tomorrow!

off tangent i know but decisions, decisions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

That vrs has been bumped up a fair bit. Dont think a certain someone would be happy if it was his:D

andyseadog wrote: »
    Dilema : and i'm already up until this hour, in this deep

im dying sick, should i try go to sleep now and sleep some of it off and struggle on into college tomorrow or just stay up all nite to hell with it and have a sickie tomorrow!

off tangent i know but decisions, decisions!

Go to sleep in about a half hour, and still have a sickie :)

Go to sleep in about a half hour, and still have a sickie :)

then i'd only be half doing the staying up late thing... cold bottle of bulmers now could be a deal maker right here!

Yeah but you night feel well enough tomorrow then to wash your car or something with your day off

Yeah but you night feel well enough tomorrow then to wash your car or something with your day off

speaking of opel stuff, where do you opel geeks buy 5x110 alloys second hand? they are like frigging gold dust even on opel forums!

Hahaha yes they shaggin are! Theres a nice set of vxr reps on donedeal atm. Theres always a few aftermarket scrap 5x110s on dd.
    I got my pentas from kingdomalloys...only ever seen 2sets for sale here! They always have a few sets. You can use saab alloys on opels too theyre all the same offset and pcd afaik.
    I actually had 17" sri alloys for sale for a good while and all!
    Thought you had a corolla? :)

http://kingdomalloys.ie/category/used-alloys/5x110-used/

Just type opel into car extras on dd. Dont use 5x110 cos most dont know or cant be arsed finding out the pcd! I looked there and theres a few sets alright

johnos1984 wrote: »

That cars laugh out loud expensive. It's not vectras though. His is a 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

That cars laugh out loud expensive. It's not vectras though. His is a 2010.

Que Vectra jumping into the Blackwater because someone thought he was that careless..:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I've seen that white Skoda a few times over the past week, in the general area of our office. The fact that the owner is local to here would be enough to put me off even thinking of it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement