Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

h3000 wrote: »
    I think one of the posters here has one. I remember drooling at one stage. Longshark or something like that.

He sold it as he emigrated. Sold it for relatively cheap iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Those corsa opc look savage! I am allways eyeing theyr prices.

10k, cheap tax, look cool, has some poke. The only disadvantage - fwd, but I would be willing to live with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

More Opel/Vauxhall love...

I wasn't far wrong before! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Tiredness really kicking in now. Turns out building a track car in 5 days is hard work...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I can imagine that must be fun. :)

What time do you guys stay open till on weekdays? If you dont mind me asking.

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    You will never make it to F1 with that attitude :)
    Feck formula1, sure they're going turbo in 2013
    dar83 wrote: »
    I can imagine that must be fun. :)

What time do you guys stay open till on weekdays? If you dont mind me asking.

Usually there till 7ish. Although midnight or so all this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Deck formula1, sure they're going turbo in 2013

So are Honda

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/175084/1/honda_to_return_to_f1_to_link_up_with_mclaren_in_2014.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Tiredness really kicking in now. Turns out building a track car in 5 days is hard work...

You should've done a time lapse video of the whole build

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Ya I saw that. Should be interesting though

Not just F1 tho, isn't the 2012 Civic Type R getting the turbo treatment aswell?

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    You should've done a time lapse video of the whole build
    Do you not think I've enough to be doing?
    Not just F1 tho, isn't the 2012 Civic Type R getting the turbo treatment aswell?

That's just for emissions but it should see some good power with a decent map

I was just wondering about that f1 thing... It is more of an advertisement for manufacturers. Though is there really some people who would buy a renualt Clio, just because Renault car did good in f1?

I remember back them f1 was a place fr new technology, which would find a way to an everyday car, but with all new restriction there is feck all to improve. I might be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

How do people feel about a meet in the not too distant future?

Probably best after Christmas but we're trying to come up with a few plans in the background. Any ideas on anything to do with this place also accepted.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its worked for Subaru! *Edit there is still huge advances going on in F1. Advances made in Carbon fibre construction alone is worth a mention.

Well I know about such cars like Subaru or mitsubishi or even nissan when it comes to jap tauring cars or so hated drift scene or rally. The thing that those competitions use similar cars to road cars you can buy. So if I see a Subaru flying over the ditch and looking so cool, I can buy non hardcore version of Subaru which will look and drive similar. As we know you can't buy anything even close that would look like or drove like f1 car. It's like same car with different badgings on a track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Still looking for 1.6/1.8s, max €1500. Haven't gone to look at the 156 yet, it'll be Friday until I get the money. Lots and lots of people are advising not to buy one as they're too unreliable - even Italians! Fuck 'em, I know what I'm getting into. Goddamn jealous anti-stylish begrudgers.
    Carbon fibre construction alone is worth a mention.

Yup, carbon fibre is the way forward. Once they figure out how to get a 5 star NCAP with the stuff it'll start sneaking into structures on standard cars. Once its commonplace engine sizes will drop dramatically again. 0-100 times of 10 seconds will be commonplace for a 60hp car in 20 years. Cars are way overweight nowadays.

What about a Puma Confab?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Confab wrote: »
    Still looking for 1.6/1.8s, max €1500. Haven't gone to look at the 156 yet, it'll be Friday until I get the money. Lots and lots of people are advising not to buy one as they're too unreliable - even Italians! Fuck 'em, I know what I'm getting into. Goddamn jealous anti-stylish begrudgers.

/...waits for 'Confabs car issue of the day' thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

EPM wrote: »
    What about a Puma Confab?

Yeah I've been thinking about one alright. Nicer looking than a Focus, slightly rarer than an Alfa, nippy-ish and reasonably reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Names Paul...

Currently driving an IS250...

Previous car was an Honda S2000 and previous to that was a celica...

Oddly enough all of the above happened in 2011... aiming to keep the lexus for 2 years and then buy a GTR.

On a non-auto side, I have a serious addiction to jelly babies and find each of you disturbing in a different and unique way. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Names Paul...

Currently driving an IS250...

Previous car was an Honda S2000 and previous to that was a celica...

Oddly enough all of the above happened in 2011... aiming to keep the lexus for 2 years and then buy a GTR.

On a non-auto side, I have a serious addiction to jelly babies and find each of you disturbing in a different and unique way. :p

...tell me more

PsychiatryCouch.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Confab wrote: »
    Yup, carbon fibre is the way forward. Once they figure out how to get a 5 star NCAP with the stuff it'll start sneaking into structures on standard cars.
    You may be forgetting that the stuff aint cheap! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

any chance this meet could be in cork na?

any chance this meet could be in cork na?

If it's a meet for everyone then it has to be central...

Just get a lift with EPM, sure he loves driving places :D

Just get a lift with EPM, sure he loves driving places :D

Yeah, get him to drive and I can play a few rounds in the boots Golf resort.

cant blame me for trying! port laoise-ish? or just dublin :D

yeah and sure i might aswel wash and wax yere cars too!

Midway in portlaoise was where the last one was.

You better bring the wash bucket, i'm not even sure if i'll have mine done by then... :(

EPM: really? Playing with yourself in the boot? :pac:

midway it is! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

...tell me more

PsychiatryCouch.jpg

Oh god its the chair again! Please, anything but the chair!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭scoobymunster

What damage can ya do when ya overdo the "driving on fumes" game? A van conked out just as he was pulling into the petrol station today, pushed it for the last 15 metres to the pump, filled it but couldn't get it restarted? He was still keying it when I was leaving 10 minutes later. Could't help but laugh:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement