Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

barura wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2993891

Eighty MPG. Wheeeeee. Pretty honest advert aside from that. :P
    water pump done ass well

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

:D
    He has a water pump for his ass well.

Dunno what it has to do with the car :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Anyone ever ventured to Lillis O'Donnell and gawked at the RS500 they have there?

Was out there this evening picking up a couple of things for tomorrow's project and that car... every time I see it. Mmmmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

dar83 wrote: »
    Anyone ever ventured to Lillis O'Donnell and gawked at the RS500 they have there?

Was out there this evening picking up a couple of things for tomorrow's project and that car... every time I see it. Mmmmmmm.

I only ever seen one once I was actually telling you about it at the meet.. It was savage best hot hatch on the road imo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

barura wrote: »
    He has a water pump for his ass well.

Dunno what it has to do with the car :pac:

He got a colonic...? :confused: TMI :eek:

• Advertisement

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I only ever seen one once I was actually telling you about it at the meet.. It was savage best hot hatch on the road imo..

The matte black on the 500 is just stunning. Looks so much like a stealth machine, albeit an angry one.

I'll be back over there next week, I'll try and get a picture or two. :)

dar83 wrote: »
    The matte black on the 500 is just stunning. Looks so much like a stealth machine, albeit an angry one.

I'll be back over there next week, I'll try and get a picture or two. :)

Oh yes that was on Top Gear, looked like a van though..

Oh yes that was on Top Gear, looked like a van though..

COmmercial tax :D

COmmercial tax :D

If only.... I was taxing a truck the other day which was 2.5k for the year, I explained to the clerk that its used for personal use so I should be taking it on engine size. She was having none of it. Meanwhile the guy in the booth next to me was taxing a Jeep and the clerk wanted proof it was being used for business. He was scratching his head after hearing my conversation..

• Advertisement

If only.... I was taxing a truck the other day which was 2.5k for the year, I explained to the clerk that its used for personal use so I should be taking it on engine size. She was having none of it. Meanwhile the guy in the booth next to me was taxing a Jeep and the clerk wanted proof it was being used for business. He was scratching his head after hearing my conversation..

Why didn't ye just swap places?? :p

Why didn't ye just swap places?? :p

Not a bad idea but I reackon I would still be caught..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

BX 19 wrote: »
    Got caught speeding. 61kph in a 50 zone. Never got caught before. Feck
    TheBazman wrote: »
    2 points and a fine arrived in the post today addressed to me..cue anger and panic....until I realised that it was my wife (the car is registered in my name). Phew! 96kmph in an 80 - bloody speed demon :)
    4 points for speeding hasn't altered mine either!

I don't get the point(s). :D

Anyhow. After a long time in more than one garage (due to mechanic f*ck up), I have my beast back on the road. With certain safety additions.

428326_10150565086883682_698008681_9294639_53372922_n.jpg

Ok. ok. It's not safe for other road users, as I brake way much quicker than them lot :D

Time to bed them in on Mondello tomorrow anyhow.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Marlow wrote: »
    I don't get the point(s). :D

Anyhow. After a long time in more than one garage (due to mechanic f*ck up), I have my beast back on the road. With certain safety additions.

428326_10150565086883682_698008681_9294639_53372922_n.jpg

Ok. ok. It's not safe for other road users, as I brake way much quicker than them lot :D

Time to bed them in on Mondello tomorrow anyhow.

/M

Here Marlow that mechanic has left a banana behind the wheel, maybe its an M-fyffes banana
    I'll get me coat ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

It would seem North Korea is now trying to take the POP industry by storm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBgMeunuviE

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

johnos1984 wrote: »
    It would seem North Korea is now trying to take the POP industry by storm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBgMeunuviE

I'm more worried about what you put in to get that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Anyone require two Audi 16" 5 spoke alloys?

A kind women forced me off the road and I've made bits of the winter tyres they were wearing so the are now surplus to requirements

Same type as fitted to this:

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/A4/1.9-TDI-/201203206678330/advert?channel=CARS

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Anyone require two Audi 16" 5 spoke alloys?

A kind women forced me off the road and I've made bits of the winter tyres they were wearing so the are now surplus to requirements

Jesus lad you have no luck at all..

I think it's the car rather than the driver!

Question lads, anyone ever use Crystal Clean valeting?

I was forced into it today as we got a truck load of stones delivered and he dumped them at the side of the house so I could neither park the car there nor could I get around the back to wash it.

They did a fairly good job but they didn't let the wax dry properly before they buffed it and it's left very noticeable streaks all over the car.

I was forced into it today as we got a truck load of stones delivered and he dumped them at the side of the house so I could neither park the car there nor could I get around the back to wash it.

They did a fairly good job but they didn't let the wax dry properly before they buffed it and it's left very noticeable streaks all over the car.

On your own car????... I thought you done all your own work...

• Advertisement

I worked for them about 15 or 16 years ago when they were starting out in Swords beside Gerry Larkin Nissan.

Think where they were is a combi of a Petrol station and an Advance Pit Stop :)

Picked up some good tips on car washing from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I used them once in Carrolls Quay in Cork because I got a voucher. Sweet Jesus to say they made a balls of it would be an understatement. I had to wash the outside again and they put that bloody shiney dash finisher on it too despite me going to great lengths to tell them not to use anything on the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I've used them a few times in Whitewater Shopping centre - decent enough job, although one of their workers cleaned all the change out of my ashtray one time. When I went back the "boss" guy asked him if he had done it, which he said he did, so he was fired on the spot. Fair enough I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Why did Midnight_EG get the ban? Just noticed it...

Mr_Nosey.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Plug wrote: »

Mr_Nosey.gif

Wasn't from Motors Mods anyway!

EPM wrote: »
    I used them once in Carrolls Quay in Cork because I got a voucher. Sweet Jesus to say they made a balls of it would be an understatement. I had to wash the outside again and they put that bloody shiney dash finisher on it too despite me going to great lengths to tell them not to use anything on the dash.

I think any crowd like this are useless in fairness.. All you have is a few young lads that dont give a fcuk and hate the job.. I remember Anan1 saying he got some mobile crowd of a voucher scheme and they made a pigs ear of the car..

EPM wrote: »

Mr_Nosey.gif

Wasn't from Motors Mods anyway!

:/

On your own car????... I thought you done all your own work...

I do but as you can see from my post, I wasn't able to ;)
    I think any crowd like this are useless in fairness.. All you have is a few young lads that dont give a fcuk and hate the job.. I remember Anan1 saying he got some mobile crowd of a voucher scheme and they made a pigs ear of the car..

The lads here are in their 30's and are all into cars. One of them has a beautiful E39 525i.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Mr_Nosey.gif
    Ah, jaysus, Plug, if only that protuberance was lower down, wouldn't you be popular! :pac:

Not so sure the colour would be a good sign tho ... >_>

• Advertisement

Ah, jaysus, Plug, if only that protuberance was lower down, wouldn't you be popular! :pac:

Not so sure the colour would be a good sign tho ... >_>

^ Dr. Longhorn :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement