Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I am claying my car today but I have run out of the spray. Is there anything else I can use..

Bit of car shampoo mixed with water - the whole idea behind car shampoo is to be lubricating :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Bit of car shampoo mixed with water - the whole idea behind car shampoo is to be lubricating :)

I read that too even though someone said wd 40 which I would not try. The windowlene worked a treat so I owe you a pint Gary..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Anyone know of a very good auto sparks preferably in cork? Im trying to organise an smd dash conversion atm, im 75% sure a guy at work can do it but if he cant is there any alternative fellas?

Gerry Hurley is an excellent auto spark, dunno are SMD half done jobs are his thing though.

Well the guy i know at work had his own computer repair shop for 7 years in poland. He can take apart and solder anything really. Its just whether he will take on the job

• Advertisement

I thought you weren't sure if he could actually do it rather than be interested in taking it on :) might be the same with an auto spark, if they can sort 4 or 5 alternators or starters in the same time and have plenty of them to do....

I partly guessed thats what you thought my bad. Yeah its a balls of a job. Theres a guy on astraownersnetwork who has done about 50 if not more smd conversions on astra h's....if only! Ill just keep nagging the guy at work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Anyone interested in a good weekend of craic and driving all the while in aid of a great cause?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056529996

Show your interest in the All the Way Round forum, been on it two years running myself and can't recommend it enough, lots of effort but highly rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

What is it with those idiot advertising truck drivers ?

One parked his truck today in the hard shoulder on the M6 between Athlone and Ballinasloe.

I passed it in the dusk. No lights, no hazards, no nothing. Just left there. On a freakin' motorway !!

It's getting out of hand, it does !!

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

• Advertisement

When the boot started opening i thought it was some shagged up electrics cos the back looked like a 307!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

When I got into the car last night my phone charger was plugged out and left on the passenger seat. 99.9% sure I didn't do it and cant remember if I locked the car, have a bad feeling someone was snooping around in it? Maybe im just going mad.. wrecking my head though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

conzymaher wrote: »
    When I got into the car last night my phone charger was plugged out and left on the passenger seat. 99.9% sure I didn't do it and cant remember if I locked the car, have a bad feeling someone was snooping around in it? Maybe im just going mad.. wrecking my head though!

Liklehood is that it was you mate. Don't worry about it.

Even if it did happen, they came, they snooped, nothing taken.

Think of it as a reminder to lock up properly of an evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Getting very impatient with my track car hunt...why can't the perfect one just find me!!! Have a few in mind though

Missed the last one I had my eye on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Jemmy wrote: »

Oy. What happened there ?

/M

Getting very impatient with my track car hunt...why can't the perfect one just find me!!! Have a few in mind though

What cars are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Marlow wrote: »
    Oy. What happened there ?

/M

Ah just wasn't well that week & left it a few days but by the time I got back to him it was gone! :( Ah plenty more out there I suppose!
    draffodx wrote: »
    What cars are you looking for?

Emm anything Honda! :p

I know the Honda engines better than any other so would be able to give repairs a go myself. Really it will be a project car so I'd prefer to work away myself.

Haven't decided whether to just get a little 1.5 eg or something like that or stick with my original choice of a Dc2, seen a few lil civics about and 1 possible teg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

E39MSport wrote: »

My housemate has taken to leaving the door open on his way to work in the mornings this week. Feckin' dope.

Can't wait for tomorrow when I wake up to find some cat-smelling furry man standing at the end of my bed pervin' on my shoes or something.

Emm anything Honda! :p

I know the Honda engines better than any other so would be able to give repairs a go myself. Really it will be a project car so I'd prefer to work away myself.

Haven't decided whether to just get a little 1.5 eg or something like that or stick with my original choice of a Dc2, seen a few lil civics about and 1 possible teg

Go mad and buy an Rx7!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

jenizzle wrote: »
    E39MSport wrote: »

My housemate has taken to leaving the door open on his way to work in the mornings this week. Feckin' dope.

Can't wait for tomorrow when I wake up to find some cat-smelling furry man standing at the end of my bed pervin' on my shoes or something.

Make sure they are smelly shoes less chance of him coming back then I'd say :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

Just click on match me.

Thats my one lot, hey boys:p
    -Corkie- 10
    RoverJames 8
    Slidey 7
    EPM 7
    Nissan doctor 6
    Mc Love 6
    Hal1 5
    nkay1985 5
    TestTransmission 5
    LittleNipper 5
    Alanstrainor 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Hmmmmm

RoverJames
    -Corkie-
    EPM
    Ardennes1944
    Limerick man
    MugMugs
    Alanstrainor
    MetzgerMeister
    Anan1
    Max Power1
    colm_mcm

Plug wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/love.php

Just click on match me.

Thats my one lot, hey boys:p
    -Corkie- 10
    RoverJames 8
    Slidey 7
    EPM 7
    Nissan doctor 6
    Mc Love 6
    Hal1 5
    nkay1985 5
    TestTransmission 5
    LittleNipper 5
    Alanstrainor 5

Ewwwww....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

-Corkie- 10
    unkel 10
    RoverJames 9
    Limerick man 7
    colm_mcm 6
    Eoin 6
    **Timbuk2** 6
    draffodx 5
    Midnight_EG 4
    Ardennes1944 4
    peasant 4

It looks like you get around Corkie!

Jaysus I am really loved around here.. Roverjames and Johnos are on top of my list which is grand but Gary Itr is next.....................:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Busy weekend for you Corkie if that trend continues... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Username Compatibility
    EPM
    RoverJames
    Alanstrainor
    -Corkie-
    unkel
    R.O.R
    bazz26
    Henry Ford III
    Anan1
    MugMugs
    vectra

Jesus this is getting scary...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Username Compatibility

EPM
    Ardennes1944
    vectra
    -Corkie-
    challengemaster
    RoverJames
    TestTransmission
    Alanstrainor
    E39MSport
    Limerick man
    Jimmy Bottlehead

Corkie you hoor ya :p

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I got a bluetooth ODB2 scanner \o/ Have it working with Torque (any nice dials/displays that are worth having?).

It has finally told me what that random CEL was that kept appearing any time I drove more than 20km at a time - P2096. That's my evening gone investigating that one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement