Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

jenizzle wrote: »
    I got a bluetooth ODB2 scanner \o/ Have it working with Torque (any nice dials/displays that are worth having?).

It has finally told me what that random CEL was that kept appearing any time I drove more than 20km at a time - P2096. That's my evening gone investigating that one!

Did you get the plug part on e bay???. I was looking to get one but there is so many its hard to know what to get..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Did you get the plug part on e bay???. I was looking to get one but there is so many its hard to know what to get..

I did! I got this one, the cheapest one I could find. Ordered at most 2 weeks ago. Only tried it out quickly but I can see dials moving so it must be reading something!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I got a bluetooth ODB2 scanner \o/ Have it working with Torque (any nice dials/displays that are worth having?).

It has finally told me what that random CEL was that kept appearing any time I drove more than 20km at a time - P2096. That's my evening gone investigating that one!

That code is "System too lean right bank". It could be a vacuum leak, bad coils or bad rear o2 sensor (the one in the catalytic converter).

When I got it, I replaced the rear o2 sensor, cancelled the error and the car was back to normal :)

Check the maintenance nipples covers. If they're in a bad state or loose, they will let air leak in.

I think you know what to do when it comes to checking the coils!

BTW, you say you have it working with torque? Must be awkward to only have it working while driving at 6500 RPM? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Username Compatibility

Ardennes1944
    superstoner90
    E39MSport
    -Corkie-
    Alanstrainor
    Hal1
    Mc Love
    RoverJames
    vectra
    EPM
    Voodoomelon

Someones very popular :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

They are handy little yokes alright. I use mine for diags using ODBScope and on the track as a datalogger/laptimer with GPS using RaceChrono. (Both Symbian).

I have one from DealExtreme. Here.

It's a bit more handy than the one jenizzle because it's smaller. It's quite tight to slot it into the BMW's for example. Have mine over 3 years now, never had a problem.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

That code is "System too lean right bank". It could be a vacuum leak, bad coils or bad rear o2 sensor (the one in the catalytic converter).

When I got it, I replaced the rear o2 sensor, cancelled the error and the car was back to normal :)

Check the maintenance nipples covers. If they're in a bad state or loose, they will let air leak in.

I think you know what to do when it comes to checking the coils!

BTW, you say you have it working with torque? Must be awkward to only have it working while driving at 6500 RPM? :P

I will mos def check my nipple covers *sniggers*

Maybe when I get it sorted I might get another 0.5 MPG out of it!

dgt wrote: »
    Username Compatibility

Ardennes1944
    superstoner90
    E39MSport
    -Corkie-
    Alanstrainor
    Hal1
    Mc Love
    RoverJames
    vectra
    EPM
    Voodoomelon

Someones very popular :pac:

I am getting me coat... Its ok Epm is on the list too..

I will mos def check my nipple covers *sniggers*

Maybe when I get it sorted I might get another 0.5 MPG out of it!

That's wishful thinking!!
    I am getting me coat...

Which one of us are you calling to??

Everyone loves Corkie...

Username Compatibility
    -Corkie- 10
    unkel 8
    Alanstrainor 7
    Limerick man 8
    Max Power1 6
    Owen 6
    Ardennes1944 6
    Anan1 6
    vectra 6
    EPM 5
    colm_mcm 5

Fcuk Plug for bringing up the subject and Alan for copping it. I will be putting the lid of a biscuit tin down my jocks...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

TestTransmission
    challengemaster
    vectra
    Nissan doctor
    Voodoomelon
    -Corkie-
    MCMLXXV
    MetzgerMeister
    E39MSport
    no1beemerfan
    Ardennes1944

Test transmission your top of my LIST!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

**Timbuk2**
    Ardennes1944
    Fajitas!
    draffodx
    Midnight_EG
    MetzgerMeister
    Tallon
    Gary ITR
    -Corkie-
    ThOnda
    Alanstrainor

jaysus...

mrs crilly wrote: »
    TestTransmission / challengemaster / vectra / Nissan doctor / Voodoomelon / -Corkie- / MCMLXXV / MetzgerMeister / E39MSport / no1beemerfan / Ardennes1944 Test transmission your top of my LIST!

Thank god a woman...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Test transmission your top of my LIST!

He doesn't drive a BMW though :) You'd be back to jap stuff there. :D Fancy jap stuff though.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Thank god a woman...:)
    And a second one just above that post ... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Marlow wrote: »
    He doesn't drive a BMW though :) You'd be back to jap stuff there. :D Fancy jap stuff though.

/M

Meh! Jap scrap NEXT!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I'm taxing my car tomorrow (16th), it's been out all month. At what stage of the month do they make you pay for that current month as arrears?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not till next month at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Not till next month at least.

Really? I thought I remembered some cut-off, like the 20th, or 3 weeks, but it's all very fuzzy in my head.
    Cheers.

i had never noticed that before!! thanks :D

Coming from the guy who said that he pays so much attention to tyres on a car that he'd walk away from one for sale if it had bad tyres!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

And mis-matched HID's and angle eyes colours. Seems like he doesn't pay attention at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Coming from the guy who said that he pays so much attention to tyres on a car that he'd walk away from one for sale if it had bad tyres!

bad tyres, not mismatched ones. theyre conti sports are bridgestone ;)

my friend had the same set on his e90 and the 5000k go really well with the halogen bulbs. i actually had all led white bulbs in both rings on the OS headlight but after working for 5mins they decided to stop.i thought i would get away with it seeing as how the mAh usage of the leds was only a little bit below canbus' requirement but nope! ill have to solder on resistors. i put the halogens back in anyway and all was well. connected up the fog lights before attaching bumper again. said id try all the front lights. fog lights started flickering and then poof!!

went into car, the bid screen was flashing, all sorts of bulb warnings, boot unlocking by itself, car not starting, electric windows opening about an inch and stopping, a big F on the screen. looked up online and seemed that the ecu was shagged. (obviously ****ting myself at this stage) disconnected the battery for 10mins....reconnected it and same. that has always solved any problems ive had electrically before! really worried now, never seen anything like this. last throw of the dice, ill try the battery from my brothers astra that hasnt been started in 3months. connected it up....bingo!! everything working perfect! kicked my battery and threw it on charge.

Mismatched is just as bad as bad ones!

i know that, but you misquoted me. and i didnt put them on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Doesn't look like either of those on the front left.

Enough nerdiness perhaps..:o

i know that, but you misquoted me. and i didnt put them on!

I didn't misquote you at all, I just took your "attention to detail" about tyres and applied it to this situation. If you ask me, it works quite well :p

do you want pictures? talk about nit-picking!

do you want pictures? talk about nit-picking!

Jaysus, someone is getting jiggy with the F5 button :D

Pictures of what?! I don't need 'em, I know your tyres are mis-matched because you just said it!

i wasnt talking to you dickhead :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Jaysus, someone is getting jiggy with the F5 button :D

Pictures of what?! I don't need 'em, I know your tyres are mis-matched because you just said it!

It was aimed at me I'd imagine.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement