Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

What damage can ya do when ya overdo the "driving on fumes" game? A van conked out just as he was pulling into the petrol station today, pushed it for the last 15 metres to the pump, filled it but couldn't get it restarted? He was still keying it when I was leaving 10 minutes later. Could't help but laugh:pac:

Diesel engines are notorious for taking ages to start after running out of fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

when you let it run out basically you are emptying the pipes, filter all the way to the engine. When this happens these have to be fillled again before the new fuel gets to the engine. The worst part is that any dirt in the fuel that might ususally stay in the tank will be sucked up and possible shorten the lifespan of the filter or worse if it gets through the filter to the engine.

EPM wrote: »
    Yeah, get him to drive and I can play a few rounds in the boots Golf resort.

On the 9 or the 18 hole course? That last hole on the 18 holer is a real fecker, 500 yards if it's an inch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Confab wrote: »
    On the 9 or the 18 hole course? That last hole on the 18 holer is a real fecker, 500 yards if it's an inch.

18 hole. New driving range built too - they even got a purple Corsa to aim at:pac:

Yeah, get him to drive and I can play a few rounds in the boots Golf resort.
    18 hole. New driving range built too - they even got a purple Corsa to aim at:pac:

I'd love a Corsa to aim at at my driving range! Preferably with a rocket launcher.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Still in the garage working on the Civic. Just stopped for a cuppa, gonna be a long night but come Saturday when we're roaring around Mondello it'll be worthwhile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

is it definitely gonna be ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

is it definitely gonna be ready?

Not if he has to keep answering all these questions!

Back to work Gary! The night is young:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Motors meet saturday at mondello? Free passenger laps in the civic :pac:

Just in the door now. Still lots of small jobs to be done but all the heavy stuff is done. Brakes sorted, just need bleeding, suspension and drive shafts all done, most of the engine work is done, just need to fit the dizzy and connect a few loom pieces. What a surreal week tbh, two 14 hour days a 12 hour day and 17 hour day, I'm wrecked but completely satisfied and delighted with the work we've done so far and what we've achieved. Myself and drummerboy have a lot to bs proud of

And I must say fair play to drummerboy because there's not many that would have gone along with my notion of having this car ready for Saturday but he did!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Fair play to the both of ye. Lots of people like to talk BS about what they are going to do, but the two of ye actually got up and did it.

Now go to bed together and have a nice kiss and a cuddle together. Ye deserve it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Is say you're so proud of your man!

so what will the car be putting out after all this?

so what will the car be putting out after all this?

I'll tell you in a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I'll tell you in a few hours

Any figures for us?

Wiring issues :( power everywhere except the ecu! Too late in the day to find it. A swing and a miss but I'm still very proud of what we achieved this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

How do people feel about a meet in the not too distant future?

Probably best after Christmas but we're trying to come up with a few plans in the background. Any ideas on anything to do with this place also accepted.

Meet up in Kanturk and go on the beer...

Corktina might have a few spare rooms...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'm up for a meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Was all fired up getting this car ready to go for tomorrow, and now I'm just depressed.

Oh well, still got more work than most people get done in a few months done in a few days.

At least now we can trace this problem and get a bit of testing done, maybe paint the inside and maybe get the cage in.

Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Pure balls lads, not a hope of getting it going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

In fairness, you did more with the car in a week than PG did in 3+ years :D

I've a funny mental image of drummerboy sitting at home in full race gear sulking though...

Pure balls lads, not a hope of getting it going?

Just wrecked now, all we needed to do was bleed the brakes/clutch and coolant and fit the seat and harness. It's probably only something small but we spent a couple of hours trying to find it and couldn't. Tiredness played a big part in the decision to call it a night though. It'll be out for the next trackday in January :)

I'm not as depressed as drummerboy, I'm smilng because had we not pushed ourselves this week the car would still be parked in the corner. Now we have 5 weeks or so to do the small jobs. He's in the living room now trying to eat his dinner while wearing his helmet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I've a funny mental image of drummerboy sitting at home in full race gear sulking though...

?

the-stig.jpg?w=300&h=300

been looking at barchettas a bit lately, looked at a few and ive only just realised theyre LHD, what a muppet! there goes another idea :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

In fairness, you did more with the car in a week than PG did in 3+ years :D

I only had it 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

been looking at barchettas a bit lately, looked at a few and ive only just realised theyre LHD, what a muppet! there goes another idea :(

Are they not extremely rare? I've only ever seen one!

very rare, there was 2 for sale on donedeal but are now sold. theres a 96 and 00 one on carzone

Got a few pax laps in this today

IMAG0430.jpg

Great car to go, looking forward to seeing racing next year.

I also got a spin in Joe Powers Subaru Impreza but he split his manifold and the day ended early for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Guys, where is the snow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I also got a spin in Joe Powers Subaru Impreza but he split his manifold and the day ended early for him

Was meant to get a pax lap with him, too, but it split before I got a chance. I got pax laps in the AE86 Levin, an E36 M3 Evo and the Ferrari. Good day out and fairly civilized for an open trackday.

/M

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement