Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Ah go on! He could organise meets and drive his Evo to them and let us all have a go :pac:

That EVO he claimed to own has just undergone some massive mods, Evoaidy still owns it and it should be 600BHP soon enough :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Gary ITR wrote: »
    600BHP soon enough :eek:

meh.

:o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Sad to see -Chris- go, or Audi Chris as the old timers would know him as.

Rover James for Mod! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Sad to see -Chris- go, or Audi Chris as the old timers would know him as.

Rover James for Mod! :cool:

The forum shall be renamed the pipe and slippers forum..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Take a weeks holiday and Ye went and killed a Mod. Ffs! Best of luck Chris! :)

• Advertisement

Uh oh.....never even tried cos i didnt think id get a quote but just got quoted 950e on an accord euro r for august....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Uh oh.....never even tried cos i didnt think id get a quote but just got quoted 950e on an accord euro r for august....

Make sure it was a Euro R you selected and not a 2.0 vtec sport or something as the majority of the online systems don't have it available.

It said accord lsi or something like that. I tried about 3 of them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Nope, that's not it.

Knew it was too good! Ahwel! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Was looking at CL7 Euro R's before I settled on the 325, so hard to find one thats not:
    • Diesel :p
    • Scangerised
    • Crazy Money

............. just got quoted 950e on an accord euro r for august....

The alarming thing is many folk actually follow through with such quotes and get "insured"

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

RoverJames wrote: »
    The alarming thing is many folk actually follow through with such quotes and get "insured"

I just put in the reg of an actual Euro R on donedeal and got an alarmingly low quote of €850 and it was detected as an "lsi" model also.

But is it not their own fault? If you rang up and said "just to conform this is the 2.0 litre Euro R model, is that ok?" and assuming you have this in writing from them would everything be above board?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

conzymaher wrote: »
    I just put in the reg of an actual Euro R on donedeal and got an alarmingly low quote of €850 and it was detected as an "lsi" model also.

But is it not their own fault? If you rang up and said "just to conform this is the 2.0 litre Euro R model, is that ok?" and assuming you have this in writing from them would everything be above board?

It would be up to you to make sure you are insured on the correct model car, not the insurance company.

Well if the quote is for an LSi I can't see them giving you anything in writing to say it's covering a Euro R?

With insurance folks should really be a bit more responsible, pulling the wool over the insurers eyes (or being happy to play along when it's already been done) is not far off fraud.

If for example you bought an Octavia vRS and the reg came up as a boggo Octavia, would you ring them and say it's a vRS not a boggo Octavia, is that ok and be happy to play along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It might be a Euro R but what does the VLC say?

It wouldnt be the first time someone had a different view of reality.

i would no way have followed through anyway...cos the first thing id have to do is ring them obviously and id have said an accord euro r not a 2.0 sport. but if someone did want to do it they probably could, wrongly of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

He stepped down and closed his account.Don't worry, all is well with him.
    As in he's gone for good? Just like that?

Anan1 wrote: »
    As in he's gone for good? Just like that?

There's a thread;)

EPM wrote: »
    There's a thread;)

Any chance of a link to it?

....... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77205047

• Advertisement

Double post! Apologies for mobile link:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Might be changing my Polo for something French. Why? Cause I'm a bloody fool and need to get a car that I sold many moons ago back. Nothing silly, just it never changed names!

i wonder what would win in a drag race....a 04+ 320d e46 or a 150 cdti vectra.....or a jtd 159

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

i wonder what would win in a drag race....a 320d e46 or a 150 cdti vectra.....or a jtd 159

Well the 320d would have blown its turbo half way through so......

Runs and hides..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Runs and hides..

No need for that, the plume of smoke will hide you sufficiently. :D

previous post edited especially for ND :p

And the Octy is gone...well Friday hopefully:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

EPM wrote: »
    And the Octy is gone...well Friday hopefully:p

Welcome to the family :D