Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

God help the new owner :p

Ah that cars as strong as an ox now, but I never really gelled with it and I want something shinier and more suitable for my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

not to be an ass but i thought it met your needs perfectly? a diesel for your high mileage thats comfortable and quick? unless youre not doing the carlow and back thing anymore?

not to be an ass but i thought it met your needs perfectly? a diesel for your high mileage thats comfortable and quick? unless youre not doing the carlow and back thing anymore?

Not comfy enough for my back, not overly economical and I just wanted a change.

EPM wrote: »
    I just wanted a change.

ah thats understandable :) any ideas whats next?

ah thats understandable :) any ideas whats next?

Some jap bland box, similar to MM's but daysul.

• Advertisement

no way! something along these lines? http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3036345

Almost identical but a facelift saloon one (quieter and smoother) with a few more toys.

d08baf09.jpg

well i wouldnt argue against getting a mazda. the folks have a 07 mazda 3 from new and nothing, literally NOTHING has gone wrong with it. outstanding reliabilty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Well the 320d would have blown its turbo half way through so......

Runs and hides..

Ohhhh harsh!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Some jap bland box, similar to MM's but daysul.

:rolleyes:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

:rolleyes:

:pac:

Isn't that the beauty of the MPS though? One of the best Sleepers around

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Isn't that the beauty of the MPS though? One of the best Sleepers around

True I suppose!

Since you now have the Civic, is the 3MPS out the window?

True I suppose!

Since you now have the Civic, is the 3MPS out the window?

Ah the MPS was always a while off, I'd rather spend money getting the race cars ready than but something for the road

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Ah the MPS was always a while off, I'd rather spend money getting the race cars ready than but something for the road

Are you going to get the few bits of body work fixed on the civic? Or are you just going to leave it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

i wonder what would win in a drag race....a 04+ 320d e46 or a 150 cdti vectra.....or a jtd 159

Win what?The most boring drag race of the year? :p

nope! win a drag race

Are you going to get the few bits of body work fixed on the civic? Or are you just going to leave it?

I'll most likely fix them, even if I was to turn the car into a track slut I'd want the roof fixed
    Win what?The most boring drag race of the year? :p

They need a sundial to time the 1/4 mile

They need a sundial to time the 1/4 mile

Maybe we could ask the ploughing championship if they'd be interested in hosting this event

Maybe we could ask the ploughing championship if they'd be interested in hosting this event

It would need to be an Avensis or Skoda in that case.

It would need to be an Avensis or Skoda in that case.

Easily arranged in here sure :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah, one of the reasons I went for it is reliability. The 2.2s are supposed to be pretty solid so here's hoping!

Yeah, one of the reasons I went for it is reliability. The 2.2s are supposed to be pretty solid so here's hoping!

You may of lost the Skoda but at least you're from Cork... we can still slag ya about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I`d second the Mazda our race school ones have never let us down even when subjected to fairly stubburn outside interference (Tyre walls).

Do they not also spend most of their time with the rev limiters on though?

there appears to be 3 variants of the 2.2 i presume youre getting the 163bhp?

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/mazda/6/hatchback-2007/42009/

there appears to be 3 variants of the 2.2 i presume youre getting the 163bhp?

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/mazda/6/hatchback-2007/42009/

You can only get the lower powered one here unless you get the Z sport which is near impossible to find and way overpriced (€36k). So 129 is the one I'm getting. It's more than enough though as the 6 is actually a pretty light car for its class. Was miles better than the 2 litre 140 Mondeo I was looking at.

You may of lost the Skoda but at least you're from Cork... we can still slag ya about that

You're from Offaly. You of all people aren't in any position to have a go:p

129 is gonna take a bit of getting used to! is the new 6 that comfortable though? and more economical than the vrs to warrant changing?

You're from Offaly. You of all people aren't in any position to have a go:p

Mind what you say, so is Quazzie and he's much bigger than you. :D

129 is gonna take a bit of getting used to! is the new 6 that comfortable though? and more economical than the vrs to warrant changing?

Main reason is that I want a change tbh. There really isn't a huge difference in performance which suprised me. It's very quiet and smooth IMO, much more so than the pre facelift model I looke at.

But it's got toys to keep me happy too. All I need to add is a nav system. Doesn't have xenons though:(

• Advertisement

Mind what you say, so is Quazzie and he's much bigger than you. :D

He won't get far with three wheels.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement