Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Proper grip when reversing, and that shouldn't happen! ;)

Totally one must exercise caution at all times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Proper grip when reversing, and that shouldn't happen! ;)

Just when you think rlh can't possibly go lower, he does.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

EPM wrote: »

That's how he put his back out :pac:

>_>

<_<

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

EPM wrote: »

How low does she want me to go? :cool:
    That's how he put his back out :pac:

>_>

<_<
    Absolutely no idea what you're on about!!! >_>

By the way, speaking of rubber, did you ever tell the good people of Motors about your pyromaniac episodes?

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

How low does she want me to go? :cool:

Keep your head above water...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Well now you learn something new everyday.

No problem, it's a very common occurence within the BMW franchise :pac:

How low does she want me to go? :cool
    :P

Is that a question for me?

Noooooo!!! :eek:

Just a generic jokey "she", Mrs C, sorry about that! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Isn't Mrs C a bloke?

MugMugs wrote: »
    Isn't Mrs C a bloke?
    If "she" is, I've just been neatly hooked!! :D

• Advertisement

Shame I was going to answer with something to bring it down another level but the moment has passed!!
    Isn't Mrs C a bloke?

Well I can be but it have to strap it on. It's a bit awkward to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Isn't Mrs C a bloke?

She certainly isn't a bloke, even though she's a bmw fanboi :)

/M

Shame I was going to answer with something to bring it down another level but the moment has passed!!
    That moment never passes! ;)
    Well I can be but it have to strap it on. It's a bit awkward to be honest.
    Yeah, actually, challengemaster was saying the same to us at the weekend.

OSI wrote: »
    Is it a BMW to?

No it's not but I can give you some rear action with it if thats what you want, whatever floats your boat.
    That moment never passes! ;)

Nah it's gone mate..... until the next post :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I've just heard an interesting rumour about SAAB from a well connected source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I've just heard an interesting rumour about SAAB from a well connected source

Someone bought one of their cars new this year?:P

Someone bought one of their cars new this year?:P

No but if it's true it could be a case of history repeating itself and they both have common beginnings which they acknowledge to this day

No but if it's true it could be a case of history repeating itself

They're gone bust again :)

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    They're gone bust again :)
    No but it could lead one interested party to the brink again.....for the second time

No but it could lead one interested party to the brink again.....for the second time

At the moment it just looks like Saab is consuming automotive companies instead of creating/manufacturing cars. I think it would be mad flogging a dead horse.

It's similar enough to the whole Anglo Irish/Nama issue. Nama was created to take the bad debt, especially Anglo Irish bad debt. In the end Anglo Irish is going down the drain anyhow, so it was all wasted tax payers money.

Here it's just a private enterprise chewing up automotive industry money for no purpose. There's been no interesting Saabs since the old style Saab 900. Nothing with identity anyhow. GM made sure of that.

/M

• Advertisement

I read something about Lotus making a bid(or the people who own Lotus anyway). Is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

At the moment it just looks like Saab is consuming automotive companies instead of creating/manufacturing cars. I think it would be mad flogging a dead horse.

It's similar enough to the whole Anglo Irish/Nama issue. Nama was created to take the bad debt, especially Anglo Irish bad debt. In the end Anglo Irish is going down the drain anyhow, so it was all wasted tax payers money.

Here it's just a private enterprise chewing up automotive industry money for no purpose. There's been no interesting Saabs since the old style Saab 900. Nothing with identity anyhow. GM made sure of that.

/M
    I agree.
    If possible it'd be best to just buy the rights to the brand, then set up from scratch and hire back any of the decent guys, and start using proper bases for their cars. Not GM cast-off's or the like.

I read something about Lotus making a bid(or the people who own Lotus anyway). Is that it?
    No.

Although I did read something about that too. As an aside a Chinese company have the rights to use LOTUS on their bland range of cars.

No this rumour involves BMW in behind the scenes talks at a takeover which I'm told are going well. Nothing may come of it of course but it's reliable info.

For those who don't know, SAAB and BMW started off making fighter planes. BMW were brought to the brink by taking over Rover in 1994.

No.

Although I did read something about that too. As an aside a Chinese company have the rights to use LOTUS on their bland range of cars.

No this rumour involves BMW in behind the scenes talks at a takeover which I'm told are going well. Nothing may come of it of course but it's reliable info.

For those who don't know, SAAB and BMW started off making fighter planes. BMW were brought to the brink by taking over Rover in 1994.

I thought of BMW when you said about the origins but I don't see the interest myself. I mean BMW as a brand are hugely successful these days, why would they need to own a semi high end brand like SAAB?

Well, Spyker (and Koenigsegg) were planning on using parts out of the BMW drivetrain for the new cars alright. So they were involved all along.

I can't see, what BMW would want with Saab though. There's nothing new for them to be got.

With Rover, that was different. They wanted the "mini" brand and they wanted some of the technologies out of the Range Rovers ("descent" etc.).

So unless they're looking for production facilities in Sweden and access to Kiruna steel, I can't see the point.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

I thought of BMW when you said about the origins but I don't see the interest myself. I mean BMW as a brand are hugely successful these days, why would they need to own a semi high end brand like SAAB?
    VW are buying or trying to buy left, right and centre... seems to be the way to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

[pedant] BMW made engines for fighters, not the fighters themselves [/pedant]

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Well, Spyker (and Koenigsegg) were planning on using parts out of the BMW drivetrain for the new cars alright. So they were involved all along.

I can't see, what BMW would want with Saab though. There's nothing new for them to be got.

With Rover, that was different. They wanted the "mini" brand and they wanted some of the technologies out of the Range Rovers ("descent" etc.).

So unless they're looking for production facilities in Sweden and access to Kiruna steel, I can't see the point.

/M

Wasn't the BMW front wheel drive thing developed in conjunction with Saab?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Wasn't the BMW front wheel drive thing developed in conjunction with Saab?

The same BMW FWD concept that underpins the R75?

• Advertisement

As Marlow points out they were already going to share parts.

the only two things I can see in it for them as another brand to insert between MINI and BMW, or even a budget brand of some kind. Also if they bought it then could just strip it and kill the brand..........removes the competition really

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement