Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have GBP Coins that need changing...

• 21-11-2011 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hey there, wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I thought I'd give here a bash...

Anyway, my parents have just handed me over GBP £20... in £1 coins... and asked me to change them on my next trip up to Dublin... well, I was on O'Connell St. and Henry St. for a little while yesterday and I checked both the travel shop on the corner and the GPO, and neither of them will accept coins for exchange, which put a bit of a dampener on any hope I may have had before that in finding a place that would, so I said I'd come here and see if I could get an answer...

So does anyone here know where in Dublin City I might be able to change Sterling coin to Euro?

Any help would be muchly appreciated...

Thanks for reading! :D x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Actually i dont think you can exchange coin anywhere, notes only...i havnt heard of this exchange facility being available. Maybe take a trip up north to spend it on some low vat produce :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

No where exchanges coins. Not even banks.

You may find that a shop will take it off you if you buy something but the exchange rate will be massively in their favour.

Somewhere like a tourist office off Dame St or carrols the irish store etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Dublin airport currency exchanges will.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Beinwen

Oh wow, really? You have no idea how handy that would be, I'm very close to the airport at the moment. I'm gonna head there now. Thank you so much! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

is it worth the hassle of presumably paying parkin fees at the airport to change £20 in coins?

• Advertisement

I don't drive, bus is cheap and it was very worth it because they changed my £24 no problem. I know where to go from now on if I need to do that again. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If they do change coin in Dublin airport, it is the only place int he country that does, please report back and confirm that you can change coin there, I have loads from traveling in GB for work.

Yup, they surely do... and they only charged me 50c commission for changing £24, though they only take £1 and £2 coins, no small change, sadly...

The Currency Exchange I used is on the "Arrivals" floor to the left of the DAA Information desk. Hope that's of some help... :)

Advertisement