Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searson's Ballsbridge

Options
  • 21-11-2011 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

It's been closed today & yesterday: we are new to the area, were there on Friday..business as usual. Next door said they are in receivership - any news?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Searsons on Baggot Street? I was drinking in there on Wednesday and it was business as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Noticed it was closed Saturday afternoon (3 pm) which I thought quite strange, and again Sunday and today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Its been closed since saturday. No signs out front either. Would be a shame for the area if they are in receivership.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Good news; Searson's is to reopen again. Charlie Chawke has taken it on and pending some renovations, it will be opened in a few months. Given his knack of running successful pubs, this should secure the pub's future for the long term.

September apparently.

Wouldnt be a big fan of Chawke considering his previous investments but Searsons needs to be open.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Agreed. It was by far the best of the pubs in the immediate locality. Have been wondering when it would open. they had some great staff. I assume they won't be coming back though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Any word of an opening date? Had expected it to be open by this weekend's big rugby game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

I walked past it on my way home yesterday, it looked fairly open…

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

I believe it is open now, yes.

Anyone been that can confirm? Have they made alterations to it? it looked like there was a lot of work being done in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

They were stocking up the bar when I walked past a couple of days ago. The inside looks finished too. I'd say it's open by now, if not then definitely this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

thank god....pub number one on the baggot mile crawl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

That's great news, thanks! They're still advertising for staff (immediate start) and there's been nothing in the media about them opening. I'm usually on Upper Baggot Street every Friday so will check it out tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

athtrasna wrote: »
    That's great news, thanks! They're still advertising for staff (immediate start) and there's been nothing in the media about them opening. I'm usually on Upper Baggot Street every Friday so will check it out tomorrow!

It was on FM104 news this morning that it has reopend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Perfect timing for Leinster v Munster tomorrow.:D

Just passed a few hours ago and there was a good crowd in while painting was going on outside!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The rugger crowd will be delighted to have Searsons reopen. It's a grand spot but a tad too Ross O'Carroll Kelly for my liking.

Mr Chawke is a very rude, abrupt and impolite person - as I directly experienced in his Goat Grill pub a few years back. Good manners cost nothing.

I wonder when the Merrion Inn will reopen? the city has lost quite a few pubs in the past couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

JupiterKid wrote: »
    The rugger crowd will be delighted to have Searsons reopen. It's a grand spot but a tad too Ross O'Carroll Kelly for my liking.

Mr Chawke is a very rude, abrupt and impolite person - as I directly experienced in his Goat Grill pub a few years back. Good manners cost nothing.

I wonder when the Merrion Inn will reopen? the city has lost quite a few pubs in the past couple of years.

He hasn't a leg to stand on so.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

JupiterKid wrote: »

It has lost A few, but in the city centre in particular its gained quite a lot of bars and a lot of the closed ones have reopened. I.e. Cassidys, Osullivans, kennedys etc. Id say there are more pubs/ bars in the city centre than ever. Lots of new openings, merchant arch, pifko, workmans club, garage, gypsy rose, parnell, u bar etc plus hotel bars.

I think these 6pm ish kick offs are actually better for the pubs as it effectivley results in all day drinking! And a few sore heads :-)

Advertisement