Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

net found

Options
  • 21-11-2011 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

found a net in local river the last day, two salmon in it. why would ya bother this time of year? would they still be good eating?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

A landing net or a set illegal net?
    If its a set net please report it to the fisheries/garda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

ring 20 wrote: »
    why would ya bother this time of year?

Why would ya bother any time of year. its illegal. report it op!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ring 20

set across the river could see two close to bank, could have been more further out. id rather cut one of my goolies off than report it to lazy baliffs who pray on the easy targets. went back for a look few hours later it was still there but the two salmon i seen were gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

set across the river could see two close to bank, could have been more further out. id rather cut one of my goolies off than report it to lazy baliffs who pray on the easy targets. went back for a look few hours later it was still there but the two salmon i seen were gone

Not being smart but if your not going to report it what are you looking for here? All i can see happening is a poacher bashing thread or 'lazy baliffs' bashing thread.
    Its no harm reporting it. At least you've done your bit.
    Even if they just come out and take the nets, its better than leaving them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

How can you say thier lazy when you don't even report it???
    How can they do thier job when people don't report things that need to be reported??
    99% of the lads who post here are into thier angling and are passionate about it so what are you expecting.... A pat on the back for "seeing" a net and doing nothing about it?

• Advertisement

no pats needed for me thanks. net couldnt be seen from the car so i doubt baliffs would find it even if i reported it. if its left there much longer i will take it out myself

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

1 Find a net, pull it out, pile it up, some twigs, some paper, a match.
    Net gone in 60 seconds.
    So easy so fast.

2 Find a net, call it in, get the sods that set it caught if you can.
    A phone call is all it takes.

3 Find a net, talk about it ..... the fish die.

I'm more a type 1 or 2 kind of guy myself. :)

id probably get caught pulling it in and get a court day :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

found a net in local river

Any pictures?

no pics, it like there two or 3 in one big squares and small squares

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Ring the local baliff.....jaysus christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

WtF this must be a troll post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

its one thing making snowballs, its another thing throwing them........

its alright saying to take the net out and destroy it etc but there are some obvious risks associated with doing that.

ring the fb and guards to report it before taking the net out.

its one thing making snowballs, its another thing throwing them........

its alright saying to take the net out and destroy it etc but there are some obvious risks associated with doing that.

ring the fb and guards to report it before taking the net out.

Absolutely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Wow, that's a great attitude, if we had more people like you OP the country would be in great shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭effluent

A river will have a certain amount of Fresh fish running through it now, but there are a lot of Kelts running up our rivers now. It's these fish that we really need to spawn and pass on their hardy genes. That sort of netting activity will be obstructing and will more then likley end up killing kelts returning to sea.

They won't have spawned yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭delsalmon

ring 20, are you taking the p1ss or just brain-dead beyond all hope? ring ifi, dont remove net. they will put surveillance on net and catch culprits in the act red handed, this is the only way a prosecution will happen. if its eastern region ask for martin kellys number from ifi. if you remove net it WILL be replaced. very silly attitude. do you want a medal for doing the wrong thing??? jayzus wept ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

This whole thread reaks of troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Yep
    A wind up.....
    SeaFields wrote: »
    This whole thread reaks of troll.

• Advertisement

i troll for pike and trout alright i prefer jerk baiting for pike. no wind up. was badly treated by baliffs this year i think their service is a joke to be honest, i pulled up the net yesterday and took it with me. 5 or 6 days in the one spot on a well known salmon run. god knows how long it was there before i seen it. it must have been too wet for them to get out of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭effluent

coolwings wrote: »
    They won't have spawned yet.

It's not to far off though and I think if they're putting out a net they won't stop until they are caught. I know of a poacher in our district who put out a net around this time of the year, when the fisheries pulled it in there were loads of kelts caught up in it. Anglers and poachers were giving about about it, it says a lot even if poachers are giving out about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

What happened?

i troll for pike and trout alright i prefer jerk baiting for pike. no wind up. was badly treated by baliffs this year i think their service is a joke to be honest, i pulled up the net yesterday and took it with me. 5 or 6 days in the one spot on a well known salmon run. god knows how long it was there before i seen it. it must have been too wet for them to get out of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Regardless of how you may have been treated there is still no justification for seeing a net in a river with a few salmon stuck in it & doing absolutely nothing about it. Anyone that was genuinely interested in fishing would,I still think this is a troll. Either way it might be in the best interests of the forum to close this thread as its of no benefit to anyone

i pulled up the net yesterday and took it with me.

Any photos of the net fishing?

Bizzum wrote: »
    Any photos of the net fishing?

Well Ring..........................Long time no see.

been a while bizzum how are you keepimg? no i didnt take any pictures of the net

been a while bizzum how are you keepimg? no i didnt take any pictures of the net

Keeping fine now. Shocking busy, but such is life.

I kinda figured you'd no pic's. ;)

how you figure that? busy is good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Captain McDuck

absolutely disgraceful attitude toward the bailiffs.

They need our support if we are to stop the cancer on our waterways that is poaching.

Advertisement