Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 PS3 Premier Cup Online Winner!!!!

Options
  • 21-11-2011 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I need to share this with someone because my wife and friends don't understand the significance of it.

Last night I won the Premier Cup in the online H2H cup window. I am very proud of myself.

I usually play with club teams (I like Marseille because of their speed up front) but after losing a lot to Germany and Spain in the Premier Cup I decided to go International for my final attempt.

So I started off with Brazil in the first round (and ended up playing Germany again). Won 2-0.

Then I went with Argentina for the second round and played Real Madrid. Note to self: the Argentinian defence is awful. I was winning 1-0 until the 86th minute but then I got a 2nd so the guy quit (typical Real Madrid player). So 3 - 0.

In the next round I chose France and won 3-2 against Barcelona. This guy was a really good player and he shredded my defence all the time but I just managed to score one more than him in the end.

Finally I chose Portugal again and came up against another Barcelona. I went with 4-3-3 with Ronaldo up front in the middle. It was my first time playing with Ronaldo because I refuse to play with Madrid (or even Spain) Online.

And the player against me used the ID Ronaldo with some number after it too. Ronaldo is such a beast in the game. He is streets ahead of Messi Rooney etc... Anyway I scored with my first shot after 2 mins and I was afraid the other guy would quit before the 5 min mark.

But he didn't and really came at me. A few minutes later he got a goal back with Villa and then it was back and forth all the way through. Seriously sweaty PS3 pad time. Then, after about 70 mins Nani went into space on the right side and crossed in for Ronaldo (who is rediculously good in the air) to nod it in. The guy I was against went all out attack and was waltzing through my defence so I changed the formation to 5-4-1 and went all out defence to try and hold out.

But I managed it in the end and much happiness ensued (my wife now thinks I am mental though for being that happy about a computer game).

So I just needed to share that with you as nobody else would understand.

Anybody else bag a Cup win at the weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Boardom wrote: »
    Anybody else bag a Cup win at the weekend?

Lets be honest, you don't care:pac:

Congrats mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I only ever got the final once and was thumped 7-0 in the final it was the most painful fifa expeiriance ever :(

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Never even got close to a final. Reminds me of a friend of mine who dressed in a suit for the final day of the season in Championship manager and smoked a cigar in celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Wilson91

I won my third tournament a couple of cup windows back and havn't played since.
    I got to the final of my first one and was simply outclassed, deservedly lost. The second one saw me go out due to a terrible internet connection :mad: which lasted the rest of the night.

Anyway, congtats, I know I was happy when I won my cup. I must have another cup run now at the weekend. Window opens in 4 days

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

K.C wrote: »
    Never even got close to a final. Reminds me of a friend of mine who dressed in a suit for the final day of the season in Championship manager and smoked a cigar in celebration.

^^^ Legend

• Advertisement

I've won 4 from 10 cups :P

And in 18 seasons with only one relegation won the D1 title in my first attempt without even losing a game(had got to D2 around release and stopped playing until two days ago).

Kinda feel now there's not much point in playing ranked, H2H was a nice addition, but getting to D1 and winning it straight away means there's little point to keep on playing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Won the cup with West Brom today. Never played a cup before, just wanted the achievement and kept going, beat Newcastle 4-0, Rangers 4-0, Celtic 4-0 and then Bordeaux 3-1 in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

cruised into the final today only to get beat 3-1.:mad:

Advertisement