Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An impressive time lapse ..array

Options
  • 21-11-2011 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

"This is a year-long time-lapse study of the sky. A camera installed on the roof of the Exploratorium museum in San Francisco captured an image of the sky every 10 seconds. From these images, I created a mosaic of time-lapse movies, each showing a single day. The days are arranged in chronological order. My intent was to reveal the patterns of light and weather over the course of a year.

This video is designed to be viewed in a large format, so it's best viewed in full-screen mode at 1080p."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Weirdly brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

An interesting if so far fetched that it will never happen idea would be to do up something similar for Ireland but in a slightly different way.

Firstly, get JVC or some other tech corporation to sponsor 4,500 digital cams. Then, set up one cam per 20km sq of Ireland, all facing the same direction (say North) and then set them to start recording at the same time for a full 24hr.

When complete, upload all vids, shape up the visual squares (each representing the 20km sq) like on the vid on OP to make up a map of Ireland and then upload each video from each part of Ireland into the appropriate screen. Image how a timelapse like that would work if we had a classic front pushing through the country by day. The sky in every part of Ireland would be recorded and would look amazing if done in similar fashion to the fantastic video above.

OK, I'll shut up now.. :rolleyes:

Advertisement