Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla!

Options
  • 21-11-2011 4:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here is using joomla! 1.7?

I have used it before hosted through cloud access, but Im now trying to download the joomla software itself directly to my computer but I'm finding uploading to a ftp and connecting to a host server extremely difficult. Each time I've tried I've done something wrong and I cant seem to open the site?
    I have tried some online tutorials but I can't seem to find any that start from the very beginning of the whole process.
    If anyone knows of any sites or can offer some sort of insight that would be great!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

itsfee wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here is using joomla! 1.7?

I have used it before hosted through cloud access, but Im now trying to download the joomla software itself directly to my computer but I'm finding uploading to a ftp and connecting to a host server extremely difficult. Each time I've tried I've done something wrong and I cant seem to open the site?
    I have tried some online tutorials but I can't seem to find any that start from the very beginning of the whole process.
    If anyone knows of any sites or can offer some sort of insight that would be great!!

Thanks!

Edit the configuration.php file and make sure the FTP user points to the Joomla root directory, so if its installed on domain.com/joom for e.g have the FTP user connect to the /joom/ dir only. likewise if its the root dir have the FTP user point to /htdocs/, /wwwroot/ etc depending on your server type.
    To install Joomla on the server you can use the setup script, just create a MySQL db and follow the instructions. If you only get a blank page when trying to access Joomla it sounds to me like a config problem with the server, you can turn on debug mode by changing:
    public $debug = '0';

In the Joomla configuration.php file to:
    public $debug = '1';

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 7 itsfee

Thanks so much, I have managed to sort it out and can log in properly now! :)

Advertisement