Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pyjamas in Public?

• 21-11-2011 4:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Just finished the nigh shift and in a great mood for a rant. Really can anyone explain why girls and middle aged women are walking down the cork road in the evening in their Pyjamas. Is it suppose to be hot or what? In the Topaz garage and two Girls walked down the road in night clothes. Last week a middle aged woman filling her car with petrol in a pyjamas, just from the point of Personal hygiene, you sleep in them for God sake, how filthy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Aurora borealis has a lot to answer for

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

I was in Aldi @ 3:00-ish on Sunday and saw the same get-up on a couple of patrons there - Oh the Ugg boots! Oh the highly-trussed up hair! Oh their questionable choices in pajama pants patterns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I hear people giving out a bit this a lot..:but what exactly is it that bothers you about them? I mean is it more annoying than scobies walking around with their track suit tucked into their socks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

In these harsh economic times we must have standards people standards I say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Lister_Petter

I hear people giving out a bit this a lot..:but what exactly is it that bothers you about them? I mean is it more annoying than scobies walking around with their track suit tucked into their socks?

There's one reason for it. They are all a bunch of uncouth dogs. Lazy savages and Joyful in their ignorance and squalar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

There are two things in this world that annoy me allot more then it should. First and top of the list by a great distance are people who wear hats indoors. Not the wolly ones or anything just the fashionable ones you see them wearing on the x-factor.

Second to that is pyjamas in public. I don't understand it. You can get tracksuits that are essentially the same thing.

Well at least them wearing their PJs identifies and differentiates them form normal people so you can avaoid them easily.
    Still such carry on reveals a great truth about their attitides. I would wager that a great proportion of them are Irish aboriginals, the majority of them are probably "won't work" types that draw every type of social welfare benefit known. Filthy beasts, wallowing in vice, who have not progressed at all in simple hygiene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Maybe this should go in unpopular opinions aswell but I actually don't really care what someone else wears outside.

The type of person who a public pj wearer might be I might not like very much but I don't know by their clothes what kind of person they are.. except that they wear pjs outside...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

ziedth wrote: »
    First and top of the list by a great distance are people who wear hats indoors.
    For some reason this has always bugged me too. Any hats indoors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

And some of them may just live across the road from the shops. I don't possess a pair of pjs but if I lived within a few hundred yards of a shop you'd definitely see me heading for a few rashers of a saturday morning in a pair of shorts and flip flops or some other leisurely ****.

However, there is no excuse for going to town in your pyjamas.

• Advertisement

It seems girls get away with it.

If I were to go out town wearing my stripey or paisly pattern PJs and grandad slippers I would have the men in white coats down from St. Otterans to take me away. Its a strange world innit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

It seems girls get away with it.

If I were to go out town wearing my stripey or paisly pattern PJs and grandad slippers I would have the men in white coats down from St. Otterans to take me away. Its a strange world innit.
    Must go for a walk in me boxers some day. Although getting chased by loads of horny ladies might tire me out.
    Ill try long johns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭deisemum

old gregg wrote: »
    For some reason this has always bugged me too. Any hats indoors.

Do you mean in peoples homes or in public venues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

In my case anyway it's in public. People could wear nothing but a hat in their own home and it wouldn't bother me.........

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

We need to impress on these ladies that it is perfectly acceptable to wear their pj,s in public as long as they are purchased from Victorias Secret Or Fredricks of Holywood. These wooly flannely things have no place in public and should remain in the home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Lazy bastards
    It doesn't take 2 minutes to dress

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mister_h

Rebel021 wrote: »
    Lazy bastards
    It doesn't take 2 minutes to dress
    They should simply be rounded up into the back of a van and never heard from again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Saw 2 women going into a Topaz today and the toilet stains on their "cloths" was really embarassing. Toilet paper is not that expensive. Not nice girls, not nice at all and i'm not even mentioning the smell/s :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭LowOdour

You know what they say
    "Ladies in PJ's like to give BJ's".....so if I were you I would cut out the whining and start the wining (and dining!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

LowOdour wrote: »
    You know what they say
    "Ladies in PJ's like to give BJ's".....so if I were you I would cut out the whining and start the wining (and dining!)

Wining and dining?? Can of coke and a packet of bikers would be sufficient to woo one of these beasts:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 mister_h

Wining and dining?? Can of coke and a packet of bikers would be sufficient to woo one of these beasts:rolleyes:
    And by "woo" you mean wave the crisps in front of them until they charge like a bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭samsham

Tesco say their new policy has been introduced in response to customer complaints.

“To avoid causing offence or embarrassment to others, we ask that our customers are appropriately dressed when visiting our store (footwear must be worn at all times and no nightwear is permitted.”

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭YoureSoVain

I think some people do it as a kind of aggression thing. Like daring someone to say something to them. Its not always laziness. For example I know two girls who go out in pyjamas and uggs but clearly spent hours on their hair and make-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

i wonder do they put on a pair of jeans why they get into bed????? now that would just ruin any night of la passion :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

S28382 wrote: »
    i wonder do they put on a pair of jeans why they get into bed????? now that would just ruin any night of la passion :D
    If you'd like a bit of passion with one of those pyjama wearing yokes you need you'r head examined.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

its a smelly old habit ,thats been latched onto be the chav wannabe broads ,
    question is do they always go down the topaz for the can a coke and 5 packets a meanies commando style....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

marlin vs wrote: »
    If you'd like a bit of passion with one of those pyjama wearing yokes you need you'r head examined.:rolleyes:

jayus no im not that desperate.... yet......or am i.......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Pajamas in public are acceptable under very strict circumstances:
    • Before noon on a weekend
    • After 10pm at night
    • On the way to or coming back from the shop carrying: the Independent, sausages, eggs, bread, milk, fags, Alka Selzter or your flatmate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

A while ago, in a supermarket near the hospital, I served a mother and daughter. Daughter was in PJ, it was about 9pm.

Daughter was buying munchies, mags, coke etc.

I was having a bit of a conversation and asked did she know when the hospital would be letting her go home?

She just said, I only get dressed when I'm going to the pub.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

I wear a hat indoors :P
    (only sometimes though but they are generally just plain old woolly ones, my hair is short and I like keeping my head warm. there is something comforting about having a woolly hat on my head.)
    I also have a vast woolly hat collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Kanoe wrote: »
    I wear a hat indoors :P
    (only sometimes though but they are generally just plain old woolly ones, my hair is short and I like keeping my head warm. there is something comforting about having a woolly hat on my head.)
    I also have a vast woolly hat collection.

Ryans in patrick street has some cool sherpa woolen hats in the window,saw them yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

Ryans in patrick street has some cool sherpa woolen hats in the window,saw them yesterday

saw these the other day and I'm obsessing already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Birdfood

saw a girl in Bank of Ireland on the Quay in her pyjamas one morning last week, seemed like she was waiting on an appointment with a manager or something too, no joke!!! Couldn't believe it. I was more entertained than annoyed thought it was hillarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I cannot see why people would go out in their pyjamas, but I couldn't get worked up about it. I don't like leggings worn with short tops that emphasise fat bums or skinny legs. Or guys in trousers hanging off their hips. Or muffin tops. But if people want to make eejits of themselves that's their business, it gives me something to laugh at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I just hate it, I just can't see why people are so god damn lazy and filthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

ya gotta smack the sh*t out of these pj wearing bit*es only way to do it, lazy yokes. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Its mostly an attention seeking, most of the people I see in their pj's are young girls, usually hair and make up done to a tee and a pair of ugg boots.

The rest are just lazy, filthy buggers who can't be bothered with getting dressed.

I personally could not walk outside the front door with my pyjamas on, I have more respect for myself. Seriously it's disgusting, if my daughter (not that I have one) ever tried to leave the house dressed like a scobe, which is what they are, then believe me it would be a long time before she left the house again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

Pure laziness. Probably safe to assume they live in PJs because they probably don't have to get dressed for work / college.

Advertisement