Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children's running shoes for adult with small feet...

Options
  • 21-11-2011 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

This is a bit random! :rolleyes:

I ran the marathon in Nike Pegasus 28's and I've been really happy with them. So I was looking to pick up a couple of pairs before they're they are discontinued / mine wear out.

Anyway I was looking online and the ladies size 5 are £60 on Wiggle, but the girls size 5 are only £38...

Does anyone know are there any major differences between adult's and kid's shoes? Seems a bit of a waste of money if it's just a matter of different colours. Then again, I wouldn't want to do any damage if they are made differently..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I was told & sold in elverys that there was no difference & thought I'd got myself a bargain.
    But the lads in Amphibian King told me there was definitely a difference, less support etc goes in to the kids ones.
    I know who I'd trust more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I was told & sold in elverys that there was no difference & thought I'd got myself a bargain.
    But the lads in Amphibian King told me there was definitely a difference, less support etc goes in to the kids ones.
    I know who I'd trust more :)

I considered this last year.

I am sure the youth ones are made with a bit less support, but I weight 58kg, a teenage boy who takes a size 5 is likely to weigh that and maybe more. The support must be OK.

I suspect you would get a shorter lifespan out of them especially as you do marathon training.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

They're designed differently. There's less cushioning and support in a kids shoe, most kids who'd be a size 5 wouldn't be running the sort of mileage or distances an adult would. Adult shoes are performance shoes, there's a lot more technology and science in them.

Not worth it for the savings you'd make on shoes -v- the amount you could potentially spend on physio if you get injured.

I don't think they're anywhere near as durable either which will also offset the initial savings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Thanks for the replies. That's what I expected alright; just wanted to double check with some people in the know!

Two pairs of ladies runners now ordered and en route! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

huskerdu wrote: »
    I considered this last year.

I am sure the youth ones are made with a bit less support, but I weight 58kg, a teenage boy who takes a size 5 is likely to weigh that and maybe more. The support must be OK.

I suspect you would get a shorter lifespan out of them especially as you do marathon training.

My son is 12 and wears size 7, he only weighs 36.6kg! Kids don't start weighing that kind of weight until they are older and then into adult shoes. I know it's different for different kids but generally speaking they are going to be lighter than adults even at the same height. Splash out for the right shoes or you could be paying for it later!!!

I saw you ordered your ladies shoes, just wanted to,post for others!

• Advertisement
Advertisement