Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro crisis...should i empty my bank account?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

corktina wrote: »
    houses will never again be as cheap as they are now, buy one and rent it out until better times. You can pick up a new 3 bedder down from me for 100k

I have been looking for a 3 bed, and it seems to me that anything currently going for 100k should not be bought by anybody with any sorts of standards.
    Within the dublin commuter belt anyway.

OP, I suggest you empty your bank account and carry the money on you at all times, just to be safe. In case your house gets broken into or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

100k in savings you've no clue how to work a recession. I owe the bank money in my loan account and current account. WOOOOOO!! go recession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

OP, why not go buy a small village in Montenegro....
    THEN YOU'D BE KING

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Corkboi

Invest in silver......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

If I were a Mod:

But because I'm not a Mod:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

orourkeda wrote: »
    The sh1t is bound to hit the fan in the uk at some point

I never said it wouldnt. I suggested hedging your bets, not switching 100% of everything into sterling. I would have 100% of my cash in any one thing right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

100K could buy a lot of guns and canned food.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

corktina wrote: »
    houses will never again be as cheap as they are now, buy one and rent it out until better times. You can pick up a new 3 bedder from me for 100k

Prices are dropping faster than before. Next week will be cheaper then they are now, and I'd be fairly confident about the week after.

I'd prefer to leave my debts in an Irish bank! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

OP is part of the 1%. Kill em!

(Anything to deflect attention from me).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

Never for a moment did I think that I'd see the day I'd end up writing to some Nigerian prince about a golden opportunity regards a sum of money that I need to leave resting in sombody's account.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Oh dear!...did i write 100k??....i meant 100 quid....... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

People called Richard are sometimes known as Dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I've already cleared my bank account out, i went in last week and told the cashier i wanted to withdraw all my money and close the account. She asked if i wanted it in 5's 10's 20's or 50's. I said a single euro coin would do. Ha...they wont get me!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/8917077/Prepare-for-riots-in-euro-collapse-Foreign-Office-warns.html
    Prepare for riots in euro collapse, Foreign Office warns
    British embassies in the eurozone have been told to draw up plans to help British expats through the collapse of the single currency, amid new fears for Italy and Spain.

As the Italian government struggled to borrow and Spain considered seeking an international bail-out, British ministers privately warned that the break-up of the euro, once almost unthinkable, is now increasingly plausible.

Diplomats are preparing to help Britons abroad through a banking collapse and even riots arising from the debt crisis.

The Treasury confirmed earlier this month that contingency planning for a collapse is now under way.

A senior minister has now revealed the extent of the Government’s concern, saying that Britain is now planning on the basis that a euro collapse is now just a matter of time.

“It’s in our interests that they keep playing for time because that gives us more time to prepare,” the minister told the Daily Telegraph.

Talk about putting the wind up the markets. It's only contingency planning in the hope that they never need to do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

An elderly man in my town kept all his life savings in his barn cos he didnt trust the banks, someone broke in and stole it the day after his wife died. :(

On a lighter note pacman::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Is it time yet?...i'm not keen on the idea of having over 100k in notes, but the way things are going it might be wise to stuff it under the matress. Lets face it....if it goes pear shaped it's the little guy who'll get bugger all :(
    On the basis that the question is genuine KBC 50K ULSTER BANK 50k 4% interest and have branches in ireland. I was talking to a relative a few days ago,he has a tracker mortgage at 2.1% from ebs and has his money invested at4% with ebs,how good is that.

On the basis that the question is genuine KBC 50K ULSTER BANK 50k 4% interest and have branches in ireland. I was talking to a relative a few days ago,he has a tracker mortgage at 2.1% from ebs and has his money invested at4% with ebs,how good is that.

That's a good plan, not often the savings rate is higher than the borrowing rate. ;)
    Just proves how screwed the system really is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Is it time yet?...i'm not keen on the idea of having over 100k in notes, but the way things are going it might be wise to stuff it under the matress. Lets face it....if it goes pear shaped it's the little guy who'll get bugger all :(

Hyper-inflation's a bitch. Welcome to Weimar Germany.:(

Advertisement