Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tritton AX 720 and the chance of an upgrade.

Options
  • 21-11-2011 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

I picked this headset up at Gamestop for about €120. Best thing about it is the Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound I get out of it, unbelievable.

The ONLY problem I have with it though is the mic. Sometimes when I'm in a party with friends, I'm talking and they tell me to speak up a bit. And when I'm silent, my mic somehow turns overly sensitive and my friends say "calm down Dave stop breathing so heavily!" ha! :P

I'm thinking of saving up more money to get an even better headset so I can get just as great sound (but a bit of a more flexible mic like the Turtle Beach X11 I had.)

Not sure if I should stick with Tritton though or go and get another Turtle Beach, because I think the Tritton has unbeatable sound from my own experience. Only problem is the mic, can be a bit annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭canister94

ya i have the problem very sensitive mic but the headset is very durable seem to be the best for the value i picked them up for seventy pounds on amazon .But the next upgrade would nearly have to be astro a40 but there over 200 so i doubt any one would pay that.
    little hint on the decoder box hit the volume up about 20 times then down five for optimum quality

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The 720s are a terrible headset!! Have had 3 sets all let me down, Astros are good but WAY too expensive and overrated the best headset out there are the new turtle beaches absolutely fantastic true Dolby 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound and 100 % wireless!!!

Btw guys the ax720s do not give true Dolby surround sound it's simulated Dolby!!! To get true Dolby surround in the tritton range then u need to get tritton axpros

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

If people don't mind me jumping into this topic.....

I'm looking at getting a decent Surround Sound gaming headset. Have fallen out of love with gaming since the kid arrived, but I'm hoping a decent headset with the volume cranked up will reignite the flames!
    I'm looking at the Turtle Beach X41's, but reading the reviews, there are issues with battery usage and interference from other radio wave devices.:(
    That should point me in the direction of a wired set, but I don't know if I could hack a 15 foot cable across the living room!:rolleyes:

So does anyone have any advice or experience on what to buy?:confused:

Soarer wrote: »
    If people don't mind me jumping into this topic.....

I'm looking at getting a decent Surround Sound gaming headset. Have fallen out of love with gaming since the kid arrived, but I'm hoping a decent headset with the volume cranked up will reignite the flames!
    I'm looking at the Turtle Beach X41's, but reading the reviews, there are issues with battery usage and interference from other radio wave devices.:(
    That should point me in the direction of a wired set, but I don't know if I could hack a 15 foot cable across the living room!:rolleyes:

So does anyone have any advice or experience on what to buy?:confused:
    Do not buy tritons!!!

I have a set of turtle beach modern warfare deltas they are fabulous trust me very expensive 299 in gamestop but they are wireless full Dolby 7.1 surround sound

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks DK.
    I assume the wireless technology in your Delta's would be the same as the X41's? If so, do you experience any interference?

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    Thanks DK.
    I assume the wireless technology in your Delta's would be the same as the X41's? If so, do you experience any interference?

No definatelu not the same google the headset spec!! They are fantastic

Advertisement