Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

trying to get personalised grave memorial made.. suggestions

• 21-11-2011 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi all.

Hope someone here can help me or perhaps send me in the right direction.
    I father died just over a year and 3 months ago.. and for christmas I would love to get a memorial made for his grave.

I am hoping to buy something online as I am based abroad for work and wont be back to Ireland until mid December

I have done a google search and found a few places and nice ideas.. but i would like to get a personalised thing for his grave..

He was a big sporting man and was from kerry. he also loved to fish.. loved darts..
    Im thinking something in kerry colours or something to incorporate his interests.

does anyone know anywhere online which would be able to do this.. or any suggestions in general.

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I spoke to the stonemason who did my dad's grave last year, wanting to get something special made for him. My Dad was an electrician, and the stonemason carved the tools of my dad's trade into some stones. They turned out beautifully and are left on his grave as ornaments. Not sure what exactly you have in mind, but perhaps a phonecall or e-mail to someone who sells memorial items, asking if they could make a personal one, would be an idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

We got a photo of my brother put on his gravestone, it looks very well. Also he was a huge fan of Man Utd and Sligo Rovers so we tend to put white and red flowers on the grave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Sometimes you can pick up some really nice things in garden centres. Maybe a little statue of someone fishing?? We got a lovely statue of a Westie dog for Dad's grave, as he was mad about his little dog:D

Advertisement