Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

golf gti mark 3 - short gear lever

Options
  • 21-11-2011 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi there

I just bought a golf GTI mk3 but Hate the gear lever that is in the car now as it feels a little sloppy. Does anyone know where i can buy a shortened gear lever for the car - its a 97 golf gti. I would prob keep the top knob part so its only the shaft really i want to change.

I did find this but wasn't sure if this was what i needed -

http://www.autotech.com/product/short-shift-kits/10-715-012K.html?fromcat=

Any advice greatly appreciated - would prefer to buy this in Ireland!

Thanks
    Muddler :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Short shifter similar to the one in the link would be a wiser investment,basically these shorten the throw of the gear changes making the whole process faster and tighter.If it feels sloppy as standard though there might be other problems that this part wouldn't fix - so wise to have it looked at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 salmo636

tossy wrote: »
    Short shifter similar to the one in the link would be a wiser investment,basically these shorten the throw of the gear changes making the whole process faster and tighter.If it feels sloppy as standard though there might be other problems that this part wouldn't fix - so wise to have it looked at.

Thats great thanks for that :)

Advertisement