Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domino Scheme in the Coombe

Options
  • 21-11-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi all,

Just found out that I'm expecting my first baby around the 23rd July. I've decided to go the Coombe but really want to be part of the Domino Scheme. Does anybody know how you apply to be on the scheme? Should I send in my patient application form and then wait to be sent information on the Scheme or is there a different way of applying?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I want to do it aswell, I'm 12 weeks this week and had my first appointment on Friday in Tallaght Hospital in the Midwife Dept... She just took all my medical history and bloods blah blah blah and was letting me go when I had to eventually ask her about the Domino Scheme and she said Oh we'll put a note on this to let the professor in the Coombe know that you want to do it and he'll refer you back to us then if he decides everything is okay. I might qualify for it because I've suffered from kidney infections in the past! So apprently I'll get an appointment in the post for a bout 4 weeks time and the coombe will make the decision for me : (

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I just sent my application into the Coombe as normal and when I got my appointment letter back I also got some booklets for different things. One of the booklets was for the Domino Scheme, there should be a number on it to contact if you're interested in joining. I rang that number and was changed over from consultant lead care to the midwife led care in the Domino Scheme. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 cailindeasciun

Thank you - that was very helpful!

Advertisement