Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caherdavin (Limerick) 10 Miler - 26/12/11

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

80.2x for me for the 10.2m as I was targeting sub 8min miles :) Took a good few miles to get going but got there. Happy with that considering it was my longest run in a while off a low base

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭HobbyMan

Enjoyable race. Did 75 minutes.

Ran it as part of training for the Cork marathon in June so started out slow and back of the pack as I was thinking of running the race at marathon pace ( it will be my first ) according to my heart rate monitor.

As I warmed up I started runnnig faster at a rate of just over 160 bpm which equaled 7:30 miles including the first slow part.

Looking forward to the Dungarvan 10 which, incidently, used to be a small race but the 1,500 places have already been filled.

Looking forward to seeing the official results.

Edit: This was my first 10 mile as I normally run 5K's and 4 Milers. Did the half in Amsterdam last year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Is the Country Club race starting at 2 pm?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Nando.

YFlyer wrote: »

Thanks

Yes, today 2 pm start. (5 mile country club run)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Nando. wrote: »
    YFlyer wrote: »

Thanks

Yes, today 2 pm start. (5 mile country club run)

Good enough turnout for this today and we were blessed with the weather. Stopped raining just before the off and started as soon as I got back into the car.
    Great way to kickstart the year.

• Advertisement

Yeah we got lucky with the weather. Did it in 31:34. The group pulled away from me on the crest of the hill. Have to work on those hills.

Got dragged along by Tracey Roche to four miles and then she pulled away from me. Tried to gain contact again, however Keith Ryan wasn't helping me out :D

Won a spot price, so was happy with that.

That's a great time. I wouldn't be at that level myself but I did post a respectable 41.09 which was over 2 minutes quicker than the time I did on the same route during the summer, so I was pleased with that.

That's a great time. I wouldn't be at that level myself but I did post a respectable 41.09 which was over 2 minutes quicker than the time I did on the same route during the summer, so I was pleased with that.

Over 2 mins off your time is huge.

I'll be aiming to get down to 6 minute miles in the next month. Likely be done on a flat course by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Hi can anyone tell me the route this takes? and does anyone jog as opposed to run these events? I could jog 10 miles,couldn't run it. I'd hate to be last!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

To cratloe and back. Check previous results re times. Some jog but most run.
    Freiheit wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me the route this takes? and does anyone jog as opposed to run these events? I could jog 10 miles,couldn't run it. I'd hate to be last!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

RedB wrote: »
    To cratloe and back. Check previous results re times. Some jog but most run.

Open to correction but don't remember the results being published last year (??)

Also (not a criticism but worth noting) there are no water stations on the course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

Any results?

Advertisement