Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile cancelled my contract

Options
  • 21-11-2011 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just read this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75499368

The EXACT same thing has happened to me, and I mean exact. No explaining whole thing again. In summary I signed up for the same deal and haven't been using the sim card, I got my deposit back from credit control in August/Sept. Since then the money hasn't been coming out of my bank account even though it states on my bill that I will be debited via direct debit.

The only difference is, when I saw it wasn't coming out, I DID pay the money I owed (2 months bill) via a standing order. I used the e-mobile bank account stated on the giro on my bill, I used my account number as the reference. It seems this was not picked up by e-mobile...as a result I got another bill on Friday stating I still owed the money + this months bill + the cancellation fee...

As with cormie, I don't want a bad credit rating over this and don't mind paying correctly until the end.

Can someone sort this for me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Since I didn't get a response here, I rang customer care yesterday and explained the situation. She doesn't understand why the contract would of been cancelled and apparently from emobiles end everything is fine, she sent an email to credit control and will hopefully get back to me today.

I told her about cormie's thread. Perhaps someone here can help her follow this up and direct her/credit control to cornie's thread to see the exact same thing has happened before, might help.

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

babo9 wrote: »
    Hi, I just read this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75499368

The EXACT same thing has happened to me, and I mean exact. No explaining whole thing again. In summary I signed up for the same deal and haven't been using the sim card, I got my deposit back from credit control in August/Sept. Since then the money hasn't been coming out of my bank account even though it states on my bill that I will be debited via direct debit.

The only difference is, when I saw it wasn't coming out, I DID pay the money I owed (2 months bill) via a standing order. I used the e-mobile bank account stated on the giro on my bill, I used my account number as the reference. It seems this was not picked up by e-mobile...as a result I got another bill on Friday stating I still owed the money + this months bill + the cancellation fee...

As with cormie, I don't want a bad credit rating over this and don't mind paying correctly until the end.

Can someone sort this for me?

Thanks

Hi babo9,

Can you PM me your details and I'll check this out?

-Steve

Hi babo9,

Can you PM me your details and I'll check this out?

-Steve

No prob, pm sent.

Any further updates here? I got your PM about reversing the cancellation Steve. BTW, I don't really care about contract since I don't use the sim, so don't mind it being cancelled, but I don't see why I got a cancellation charge when I changed nothing, and I also don't want a bad credit rating with e-mobile or it's partners over this.

What happened to the girl I spoke with on Monday, she said she would hopefully call me back Tuesday. Thursday is nearly over now. What did credit control say on the issue?

Surely this could be sorted in 10 minutes, given it's the exact same issue as cormie had, and his was sorted within an hour, all because he spoke to the right person when he rang :confused:.

Hello,
    Any updates on this??? This has been going on for far longer than it should when Cornie was in the exact same situation and it was sorted in 30 minutes, ridiculous, I certainly won't be going into a contract with e-mobile a second time. I normally wouldn't get so annoyed after a week, but given that another customer had an identical problem it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to sort. At the very least ye could keep me updated, I haven't received any phonecall and only one PM, I suppose I'll have to ring again and hope I get lucky like Cornie and speak to someone who knows what they are doing so they can fix it the same way Cornie has had his fixed.

It's extremely frustrating when two customers with the EXACT SAME issue can have such different experiences in resolving it.

• Advertisement

Hello,
    Why is nobody responding to me. This is horrendous customer service.
    I am moving house soon so this needs to be sorted ASAP.
    Reps, at least have the courtesy to respond to me, even if for some unknown bizarre reason you cannot solve the problem, at least tell me who can.
    Do I actually have to go down the route of COMREG for such a simple problem that was easily solved for another customer in the same situation?

I tried to speak to credit control yesterday but after being put on hold was told that the "Meteor" credit control office hours were Monday - Friday 8 -6pm or something and to leave a message, this was at 12.30 pm on a Wednesday.
    I left a detailed message with them about it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Very poor show here from E-mobile.

Its amazing - they spend all this money on their fancy advertising and when it comes to the crunch - they fail miserably.

Lesson here. Avoid E-mobile.

Emobile Steve must be on holiday.

I have now tried creating another forum post directly on the e-mobile website forums, lets hope it proves more fruitful.

Ok, Maybe E-mobile should spend a little less money on advertising and actually look after their customers properly.

• Advertisement

Unbelievable, still no response!
    None from the emobile website forum either, or no phonecalls from customer care or credit control :mad:
    The whole place must be on holidays, this is a joke!
    I did at least get an email back from customer care saying my email had been forwarded to the relevant department, but I was told that two weeks ago and have heard nothing since.
    A very disgruntled soon to be ex-customer :mad::mad::mad:

Listen Lads, I don't know what you are playing at and why you are ignoring me.
    But coming up to Christmas I don't have time to be humming and hawing waiting for a response, I'm also moving house soon so I need to get this sorted. Don't want letters coming in the door demanding I pay xyz and I never even get those letters, before you know it there's a debt collector at my door.

So anyway, as ridiculous as it sounds, if I haven't heard anything from Emobile on the matter before close of business Thursday, I'll be forced to create a case with COMREG.
    Absolutely unnecessary if you get your act together of course, as has been said multiple times, this exact situation has occurred to another customer and was sorted in 30 minutes, 2 weeks later and I'm still waiting on an update after ringing 3 times, creating a forum topic here and on emobiles site and sending an email, comical.

I am sure there are other people reading this wondering why E-mobile decide
    to ignore their customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭LH2011

jetsonx wrote: »
    I am sure there are other people reading this wondering why E-mobile decide
    to ignore their customers.

definately, thats what i am wondering here...

Obviously, the OP has still not got a response from E-Mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mike_dublin

jetsonx wrote: »
    I am sure there are other people reading this wondering why E-mobile decide to ignore their customers.

I've experienced the same level on non-communication when I had queries about upgrades, rolling off contract, changing plan and phone updates.

It didn't matter whether it was boards.ie or the eMobile-forum. It didn't matter whether they is was new threads, posts within a thread, PM's, Tweets or DM's.

It took a while to get through to me, but I understood the message eventually.

I've asked them to cancel my contract (which just reaches it's end) and provide me with the unlock code for my phone.

No doubt the cancellation won't go without a hitch ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The only way to get them online is on their twitter account.

Hello,
    Any updates on this??? This has been going on for far longer than it should when Cornie was in the exact same situation and it was sorted in 30 minutes, ridiculous, I certainly won't be going into a contract with e-mobile a second time. I normally wouldn't get so annoyed after a week, but given that another customer had an identical problem it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to sort. At the very least ye could keep me updated, I haven't received any phonecall and only one PM, I suppose I'll have to ring again and hope I get lucky like Cornie and speak to someone who knows what they are doing so they can fix it the same way Cornie has had his fixed.

It's extremely frustrating when two customers with the EXACT SAME issue can have such different experiences in resolving it.

Hi babo
    Steve has been away for few weeks but you are correct and these post should have received a response before this time. I have taken on your details and am looking into this for you. My apologies to all on this thread who have waited this long and not received a reply.
    Tony

Hi babo
    Steve has been away for few weeks but you are correct and these post should have received a response before this time. I have taken on your details and am looking into this for you. My apologies to all on this thread who have waited this long and not received a reply.
    Tony

Well I sort of got somewhere with this, after another phonecall.
    I was given the direct phone number for credit control, I spoke to a guy who explained this is a system error and nothing could be done about it :eek:
    He said I still had to pay the outstanding bill and cancellation charge still applied!
    How is this possible Tony?
    He said I would have this on my account and if I'm ever signing up to E-Mobile or Meteor again that I'll have to explain that there was a problem here, and then they can refer to the notes on the account to see the problem was E-Mobiles fault...what a load of hassle on my part for something that wasn't my fault :mad:

How is this possible Tony? Please explain to me how cormie could have his cancellation charge cancelled, yet I'm left with the charge and a black mark on my account, I'm f**king furious.

Well I sort of got somewhere with this, after another phonecall.
    I was given the direct phone number for credit control, I spoke to a guy who explained this is a system error and nothing could be done about it :eek:
    He said I still had to pay the outstanding bill and cancellation charge still applied!
    How is this possible Tony?
    He said I would have this on my account and if I'm ever signing up to E-Mobile or Meteor again that I'll have to explain that there was a problem here, and then they can refer to the notes on the account to see the problem was E-Mobiles fault...what a load of hassle on my part for something that wasn't my fault :mad:

How is this possible Tony? Please explain to me how cormie could have his cancellation charge cancelled, yet I'm left with the charge and a black mark on my account, I'm f**king furious.
    Hi Babo9
    re conversation, am awaing resolution on this. I cannot see how two similar cases can be treated differently and will be in contact with you as agreed.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi Babo9
    re conversation, am awaing resolution on this. I cannot see how two similar cases can be treated differently and will be in contact with you as agreed.
    Tony

Tony,
    You are now telling via PM that these cases are going to be treated differently? Can you explain why?

Cormie - can you tell me what happened when you rang up? I'm being told the cancellation can't be reversed, yet someone was able to cancel your cancellation charge!

This is a joke, especially as I DID actually pay the overdue 28 euro, Emobile has still not acknowledged this!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi babo, here's a summary of what happened when I realised something was up.

Got meteor (yes, meteor) bill for another phone, whatever it was about the figure on THAT bill, made me remember a situation on another bill I got recently where it said payment had failed, I rang meteor straight away, thinking it was that phone to ask what the story was, then I remembered it was emobile so I asked, since emobile/meteor are connected as a company, for them to check my emobile bill. I think I was then told by somebody in customer service that my bill account had been cancelled and a cancellation fee added, I was surprised at this as my account had more than enough funds for any bill ever posted and I had changed absolutely nothing with the account, both bank or emobile, to give any reason the funds couldn't be taken, I was then told text messages etc would have been sent warning of this, but as I never used the sim, I never got these so it was cancelled. At this stage in the evening, cancellation department was closed and I had to ring back in the morning, that was fine so I said goodbye.

Rang back in the morning and whoever I got on the phone, after telling him the situation for about 20 seconds, he realised straight away what happened, said that when I requested the deposit back to my account, something happened with the account where the future bills weren't being charged and weren't going through so when they didn't receive payment and after sending the warnings, they cancelled the account prematurely and charged a cancellation fee too. This was 19x2 months unpaid bills, 38eur, plus a cancellation fee of I think 36.18, the guy said straight away that he can deduct the cancellation fee and that my account is STILL cancelled and all I will have to pay is the 38eur. He did a subtraction on the system and accidentally subtracted 38eur, instead of 36.18, so all I now had to pay was 36.18 as he simply said something along the lines of "oops, subtracted the wrong amount, ah its better for you, just pay that". I was very happy with his attitude and the fact he had it sorted in about 3 minutes. That was that, 36.18 was taken from my account and that's it finished!

cormie wrote: »
    Hi babo, here's a summary of what happened when I realised something was up.

Got meteor (yes, meteor) bill for another phone, whatever it was about the figure on THAT bill, made me remember a situation on another bill I got recently where it said payment had failed, I rang meteor straight away, thinking it was that phone to ask what the story was, then I remembered it was emobile so I asked, since emobile/meteor are connected as a company, for them to check my emobile bill. I think I was then told by somebody in customer service that my bill account had been cancelled and a cancellation fee added, I was surprised at this as my account had more than enough funds for any bill ever posted and I had changed absolutely nothing with the account, both bank or emobile, to give any reason the funds couldn't be taken, I was then told text messages etc would have been sent warning of this, but as I never used the sim, I never got these so it was cancelled. At this stage in the evening, cancellation department was closed and I had to ring back in the morning, that was fine so I said goodbye.

Rang back in the morning and whoever I got on the phone, after telling him the situation for about 20 seconds, he realised straight away what happened, said that when I requested the deposit back to my account, something happened with the account where the future bills weren't being charged and weren't going through so when they didn't receive payment and after sending the warnings, they cancelled the account prematurely and charged a cancellation fee too. This was 19x2 months unpaid bills, 38eur, plus a cancellation fee of I think 36.18, the guy said straight away that he can deduct the cancellation fee and that my account is STILL cancelled and all I will have to pay is the 38eur. He did a subtraction on the system and accidentally subtracted 38eur, instead of 36.18, so all I now had to pay was 36.18 as he simply said something along the lines of "oops, subtracted the wrong amount, ah its better for you, just pay that". I was very happy with his attitude and the fact he had it sorted in about 3 minutes. That was that, 36.18 was taken from my account and that's it finished!

Thanks for the reply Cormie, appreciate it.
    If only things would go as smoothly for me!! It's a farce really that two people with the same problem can have such different experiences...
    At this stage I don't know if the bad credit rating with e-mobile even matters, I certainly won't be entering into a contract with them again!

Oh yeah, the guy on the phone to me also said this will have no effect on credit rating etc.

If only I got his name, he was really helpful and would probably sort you out in less than 5 minutes too! Maybe just keep ringing into the cancellations department until you get the right person who will sort you out, could be himself again and he might even remember doing it for me!

Tony,
    BTW, why has nobody requested the details of the bank transfer?
    From dealing with missing payments in the past, these details are usually requested so the missing payment can be tracked down.

I've rang up to ask to get an invoice for the 36.18 (need it for my books, not just being annoying :D) and they sent the invoice for the 38eur :( Went onto the emobile chat and requested again the invoice for 36.18, was told that's fine, got it there yesterday, 74.18! (38+36.18). Will try again :)

Fiiiinalllly a result!
    A customer care guy just rang me, probably from the escalation team.
    He said he'd apply a credit for the outstanding amount on my account!
    They still have no record of the 28 euro I payed, wish I hadn't paid it now because it would have actually been credited away!

Finally this is finished, good thing I persevered and got it escalated when I got an unsatisfactory response! He also said it won't be a problem with my credit check, said it shouldn't even show up if a check is done in future :D

did you mean 28 or 38 in the post above? It should be 38 if it's the exact same situation as myself? :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It really is quite shocking to read here of the nonsense that this person has to put up with and even more shocking to think that someone could actually say
    this is a system error and nothing could be done about it

When will people stop using this crap of "system errors"? A system is nothing more than a way of doing things - people set up the system - systems are not in control people are but choose to use it as a convenient excuse.

I have just joined Meteor and my first billing experience demonstrates what an amateurish organisation is in place there - I got three separate billing dates from them for my first bill!!!

• Advertisement

dub45 wrote: »
    It really is quite shocking to read here of the nonsense that this person has to put up with and even more shocking to think that someone could actually say

When will people stop using this crap of "system errors"? A system is nothing more than a way of doing things - people set up the system - systems are not in control people are but choose to use it as a convenient excuse.

I have just joined Meteor and my first billing experience demonstrates what an amateurish organisation is in place there - I got three separate billing dates from them for my first bill!!!

Hi dub45
    I agree that neither 'system error' or 'human error' is really an excuse for failure of service. If you have not yet received the confirmation of bill you requested you should definitely raise this issue with them.
    Tony

Advertisement